talked to lady about hair care today

Brownie

Hello everybody!
I was checking out the hair products in Wal-mart today,and this black lady started talking to me
. These are some of the things she said:

1).Infusium 23 grows hair. she said she knew someone who had one-two inch hair, and they used Infusium 23, and now, their hair is shoulder length. Yes, Infusium might help you to retain moisture, therefore length, but countless products can do that, including S-curl, or other leave in conditioners.

2). Relaxers make your hair break off, but hot combs help your hair to grow. She said her 73-yr-old grandmother never had a relaxer, until she got older, and then her hair started breaking off (from the relaxer), but once her grandmother stopped relaxing and went back to pressing, her hair grew.

3). She was thinking about buying this other product because she'd seen it on a commercial--in the commercial the actors said the product would made your hair strong. Ah, the power of advertising.

Anyway, I don't like Infusium, and I don't believe it would grow a single strand on anyone's head. Secondly, relaxers don't make your hair break off---bad hair care does, and that includes using the hot comb too often.

Lastly, this lady said she was giving up relaxing because she wanted her hair to grow long;
of course, like her grandmother's.

I didn't say too much. I just shook my head because I was thinking about all the relaxed/texturized ladies around here with long hair. So, I know you're thinking I probably should've told her about this board.
I was thinking about it long and hard, but then, I came to the conclusion that learning about hair care is something everyone has to learn and inquire about. When I wanted to know more about texturized/relaxed hair, I started searching for information. I also thought about all the ladies on this board. Being on this board doesn't make your hair grow really long; trying every product in Wal-mart doesn't make your hair grow really long. The only thing that will help your hair grow is patience, easy handling, little heat, protective hairstyles, and adequate nutrition (vitamins). Anyway, I have given some people the address to this board, but this lady took me off guard, and I was too tired
to talk about hair care.

Sorry about the essay everybody. By the way, I didn't buy any hair care products at Wal-mart today. I figured I had everything I needed at home. I have so many products that I could probably create/mix up whatever I need: shampoos, conditioners, leave ins...etc...

Peachtree

Hey Brownie,
I say your "hair lady" friend should meet those "crazy nuts" that I ran into the other day at the bss

Hey, at least she didn't try to "front on ya'" in the store, like those nuts did me

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Hey Peachtree! What happened? Did you post about it--sounds like you had some haters in your midst...

Peachtree

Brownie

Peachtree
Hey, I just read that old post with the two ladies. That was so funny, so was the part about you wearing the bonnet, scarf and hat. I thought you always went out in public with your hair like it is in your pictures

Anyway, the other day when I was in Wal-mart, it felt like being in the Twilight Zone, for hair. I was in line behind this woman who had nice, shiny, shoulder length brown wavy hair. Of course, I was checking out her hair from roots to tip, and what did I see? The top of her weave was looking back at me
. No lie. I was disappointed that it wasn't her hair.

I tried to give that lady, the one I ran into in the hair section, some hair advice, but she was looking at me like she didn't believe me---that's why I didn't give her the hair board address. Like you, I was thinking to myself if I had my hair down, she would've listened to me. And Peachtree, those two ladies you ran into probably weren't used to seeing that much black hair without a price tag attached

ineedmoney

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, the other day when I was in Wal-mart, it felt like being in the Twilight Zone, for hair. I was in line behind this woman who had nice, shiny, shoulder length brown wavy hair. Of course, I was checking out her hair from roots to tip, and what did I see? The top of her weave was looking back at me . No lie. I was disappointed that it wasn't her hair.

[/ QUOTE ] don't be disapointed. maybe she is growing it out. she just might be one of those who knows about protective styles . . . .
okay chances are not but it's nice to think positivly

Brownie

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, the other day when I was in Wal-mart, it felt like being in the Twilight Zone, for hair. I was in line behind this woman who had nice, shiny, shoulder length brown wavy hair. Of course, I was checking out her hair from roots to tip, and what did I see? The top of her weave was looking back at me . No lie. I was disappointed that it wasn't her hair.

[/ QUOTE ] don't be disapointed. maybe she is growing it out. she just might be one of those who knows about protective styles . . . .
okay chances are not but it's nice to think positivly

[/ QUOTE ]

That's true. My hair's at a good length now, but sometimes I'm tempted to get it braided, so I don't have to bother with it for a while. I saw this lady today who had tiny bra strap length braids, and the style was so flattering on her. I couldn't keep my eyes off those braids.

adrienne0914

well, i have to admit that i believed alot of nonsense before i found the hair boards. so it doesn't surprise me. i'm glad i know better now.

Peachtree

[ QUOTE ]
Peachtree
Hey, I just read that old post with the two ladies. That was so funny, so was the part about you wearing the bonnet, scarf and hat. I thought you always went out in public with your hair like it is in your pictures

Anyway, the other day when I was in Wal-mart, it felt like being in the Twilight Zone, for hair. I was in line behind this woman who had nice, shiny, shoulder length brown wavy hair. Of course, I was checking out her hair from roots to tip, and what did I see? The top of her weave was looking back at me

I tried to give that lady, the one I ran into in the hair section, some hair advice, but she was looking at me like she didn't believe me---that's why I didn't give her the hair board address. Like you, I was thinking to myself if I had my hair down, she would've listened to me. And Peachtree, those two ladies you ran into probably weren't used to seeing that much black hair without a price tag attached

[/ QUOTE ]

Awww, girl, u got me rollin'
over here
. Was it really looking back at u
toooo funny

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Peachtree

[/ QUOTE ]

Awww, girl, u got me rollin'
over here
. Was it really looking back at u
toooo funny

[/ QUOTE ]

You ladies are just too too funny!