::::::TALL LADIES 5'10" AND UP::::::

ItsyBitsy

I made it to BSL :yawn:
With this long neck it'll prolly be a year + till I make it to MB :lachen:
My plan is to leave it be until my birthday (late December), then I'll cut it blunt in the back with a cute swoop bang :gorgeous:

ETA...I'm 6'0 :yawn:

Last edited:

joyandfaith

I'm joining this thread (even though I'm only 5'8" :blush: shhh...don't tell anybody). I was thinking about this very issue this morning and getting frustrated. APL on me will be some long hair because my neck and back are so long. I feel like its taking a little longer than most to get there and I'm getting impatient.

chokolate miss

I don't know if this has been said, because I did not read all the way through it (sorry if it has). But SouthernTease made a post about a way to measure. She put a ribbon around her neck and connected the measuring tape to that. So that way you know really how many inches away from your goal you are. As she said some people have longer backs, LOL! It is really helpful. I need to see if I can find that post.

here it is...
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=238525

Last edited:

napgurl

5'10" checking in. Yes I had set back to SL and now it is taking quite a while to reach APL with this long body.

Duchesse

Bumping.......

How are you tall ladies doing?

I ran into an old friend from High School who's 5'11 w/past waist length hair! I will be plucking her mind soon to figure out her regimine.

Aveena

5 10 and I'm grazing collarbone. Finally. My neck is really long so I'm glad to have hair on my shoulder even if just barely. :) I have a short torso so the rest should be easy.. (in theory)

Casarela

Im 5'9 1/2 if not 5'10. I think that the times it takes to reach your goelas depends on your technique , habits, health, growth rate, and your torso's lenght.

I'm one of the (transitioning) six footers on this board and I have a question for all you tall ladies; How long did it take for you to achieve your goal lenght?
I have seen so many women on this board starting at SL and reaching BSL within no time...only to discover that these women are anything between 4'11" and 5'5" which really does no apply to me at all.
I know my hair is definetely growing, I have 3-4" of awsome new growth to prove that and I know I'm retaining lenght because I'm in protective styles 99,9% of the time and I never see broken hairs but it looks like i will never reach APL.

Tall ladies, please share.

Nayeli

I'm doing well with my 5 11'' self. In fact, I'm doing much better than I expected. Should be either hitting or brushing APL with my next relaxer. Let's grow tallies!

Excuse me but you are not tall enough to be in here...:look:
Just kidding!!!!!
Patience sure is a virtue, a long back and a long neck will teach you how to be exactly that.

Happy growing :drunk:

I'm joining this thread (even though I'm only 5'8" :blush: shhh...don't tell anybody). I was thinking about this very issue this morning and getting frustrated. APL on me will be some long hair because my neck and back are so long. I feel like its taking a little longer than most to get there and I'm getting impatient.

asummertyme

5"11 check in..well this is gonna be the 1st time i am really gonna set a goal and make sure i stick to it...right now ita a waiting game for me...but it surly takes forever..

I'm back to square 1.
I BC'd a month ago (it's been a month already????).
I will not set a goal for my hair, I'll just have to see what the new year will bring.

I'm back to square 1.
I BC'd a month ago (it's been a month already????).
I will not set a goal for my hair, I'll just have to see what the new year will bring.

:perplexed You not alone MissNorway, I haven't BC'ed because I'm already 100% Nat. I'm 2.5 in from APL and I stand @ 5'9- 5'10. I'm sooo enjoying this journey. I have a long body and long legs:yep:. My goal is to add thickness to my hair; so far it's working.

Last edited:

ItsyBitsy

I made it to BSL :yawn:
With this long neck it'll prolly be a year + till I make it to MB :lachen:
My plan is to leave it be until my birthday (late December), then I'll cut it blunt in the back with a cute swoop bang :gorgeous:

ETA...I'm 6'0 :yawn:

Update!!!

I finally made MBL :grin:

In my original post I said I was cutting it blunt when I reached MBL....please disregard that...it wont happen :look: However, I did cut bangs... which I hate :wallbash:

nikki2229

I'm 6'4". I think I have everyone beat!!! :lachen:

Someone a few pages back said that she was 6'5".

I'm 5'7" I believe or close to 5'8" but most people think that I am TALL where I live. I have a long neck and back. It's taking me forever to reach APL. I'm thankful for this thread. I was on the short ladies thread today and I was thinking I was an alien after reading some of the posts.

DivaDee62

I'm one of the (transitioning) six footers on this board and I have a question for all you tall ladies; How long did it take for you to achieve your goal lenght?
I have seen so many women on this board starting at SL and reaching BSL within no time...only to discover that these women are anything between 4'11" and 5'5" which really does no apply to me at all.
I know my hair is definetely growing, I have 3-4" of awsome new growth to prove that and I know I'm retaining lenght because I'm in protective styles 99,9% of the time and I never see broken hairs but it looks like i will never reach APL.

Tall ladies, please share.

I'm 6'2" and I'm slowly but surely growing and RETAINING my length. I hope to be Curly/Shrinked APL by Dec 2009. *crosses fingers* I'm a Natural, don't use protective styles (yet) if that helps.

Optimus_Prime

I'm 5'10" and I thought about this when I tried to guess how long it would take me to get to bsl (my first goal length). I looked at my back in the mirror, and thought to myself: "G-d knows how many inches of hair I'll need to make bsl."

Oh, and you just sent me down memory lane . I used to shop at delia and alloy when I was in jr high school (via their catalogs).

AH, the perils of being 5' 10"!!!:spinning:

I transistioning for almost a year ago and nearly made neck length. It's thanks to one of my grandmother with a low hairline!!! :lachen:

I got my height of the other Grandmother!!! :yep:

bamachic08

I'm not quite there only 5' 9 1/2". I started at about 2" past shoulder, and I'm now past BSL moving close to MBL. It's been 18 months.

Measuring from hairline:

SL = 17"
APL = 21
BSL = 25
WL = 31
wow i am the same height as you so it would take me 3 years to get every hair on my head sl going from bald...that is the 17" from hairline measurement:ohwell:. i am so glad you did this study...i will be writing this info down and using it.....yall lhcf chics are wonderful and you dont even know how you make other people lives easy.:yep: