Salvation

Mark 16:15
St. John 7:38-39
Acts 2:38
Matthew 28:19
Acts 5:32
I Peter 1:22-23

Marriage

One husband one wife while the first one lives. (Luke 16:18), (Romans 7:1-4), (I Corinthians 7:10)

Women Apparel

Proper attire for women.(I Peter 3:4-6)
Women adorning themselves in Holiness. Not with gold, pearls, or costly array. (I Timothy 2:9)
No broided hair which means to platt or braid. To braid means to intertwine 3 or more strands. (I Peter 3:3)
No pants or britches (Deuteronomy 22:5). Britches were only given to the Priests to wear and their sons. (Leviticus 6:10), (Ezekiel 44:16-18), and (Exodus 28:40-42)
Jewelry was taken away from women and never returned. (Isaiah 3:16 -23)
Not wearing make-up. (I Timothy 2:9; Jeremiah 4:30)
Covering of the woman’s head while she prays or prophesize. (I Corinthians 11: 5-6, 15)
Not dying or coloring of the hair. (Matthew 5:36)
Not wearing weave or hair pieces. (Psalm 119:128)
:look:

Women Preachers

No women preachers. (I Timothy 2:12), (Numbers 27:15-18), (Ephesians 4:8, 11) verse 11 name positions and titles
Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. (I Timothy 2:11)

Funerals in the Church

Dead bodies defile the house of God. (Ezekiel 9:7)
Bringing the dead in the house of the Lord. (Numbers 19:13-14)
Gods house is the house of prayer not the house of mourning. (Matthew 21:13)

Preacher Qualifications

Preachers of God should be blameless & Holy. (I Timothy 3:1-7), (Titus 1:4), (II Corinthians 6:3-10)

Baptisms

Baptism in the name of the Lord Jesus. In the beginning there were 3 Baptisms ordained of God
First baptism. (I Corinthians 10:1-2)
Second baptism. (Matthew 3) performed by John in the name of the Lord Jesus
Third and final baptism. (Acts 10:48), (Acts 2:38), (Acts 19:5)

Single Cup Communion

One Cup Communion (what Jesus did with his disciples). (Matthew 26:26-27), (Mark 14:22-23), (I Corinthians 11:23-25)

Holidays

No holidays or any other days that are contrary to sound doctrine. (Galatians 4:10)

Holy Days

Keeping God’s Holy Days. (Leviticus 23:1-44), (Colossians 2:16-17)

Dietary Law

Not eating unclean food. (Leviticus 11:1-47), (Isaiah 65:3-4), (Isaiah 66:16-17)

Idols

No images of God, idols worship, trophies, angels, Jesus, doves, crosses, and praying hands.
No pictures of preachers and their wives/families inside the house of God or any persons. (I Chronicles 29:1)

One God

One Lord, One God. (I John 3:16), (I John 5:7,19,20), (I Timothy 3:16) and (John 14:8-10)

Swearing

Not serving on Jury duty. (I Corinthians 5:12)
Not taking an oath. (Matthew 5:37)
Let your yea be yea and nay be nay. (II Timothy 3:3)
Not bearing false witness. (Exodus 20:16)

Selling & Buying in the Church

No Selling and buying in the House of God. (Matthew 21:11-13)
Food - Car Washes - Tapes/CDs – Clothes - Fashion shows - Concerts – Tickets - Etc...

ktykaty

Let's take a look a this person bio.

Pastor Tony Smith founded the Way of God Church of the Lord Jesus in January 2003 with a belief that the people of God deserve to be taught true doctrine by a holy and sanctified preacher. His mission was to share a doctrine that builds strong marriages, brothers, sisters, mothers and children, which in turn creates holy and sanctified servants of God.

Although Pastor Smith did not receive any theological training, he has become one of God’s chosen weapons in the war on sin. Pastor Smith has become a father figure, a leader, a teacher and a friend to hundreds of people all over the world. Through the aid of technology, God has blessed his ministry to extend across the world, and to touch the lives of many individuals several of whom he has never met.

Pastor Smith has been blessed with the tongue of the learned in the Word of God which has allowed him to draw to holiness men and women of all ages, ethnicities and backgrounds. Due to his “no nonsense” style of ministering and determination to put a difference between holy and unholy, Pastor Smith has developed a strong following. He is known for his strict Bible teaching and high standard of behavior not only for himself, but also for his members.

Pastor Smith has appeared on “The Lexi Show” in St. Louis, Missouri and “The Shelley Wynter Radio Show” stationed in Atlanta, Georgia. Pastor Smith’s ministry has truly been blessed by God and it has become one of God’s fastest growing, multi-ethnic, true holiness churches.

Pastor Smith is a native of Atlanta, Georgia, a devoted husband and a loving father of three beautiful children.

/Source: http://thewayofgodchurch.com/pastor-smith.php

I haven't watch the videos yet. I'll be back later with my comments.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
His response to a 'preacher' that he says is gay was sending him a package...that included a vegetable and a jar of petroleum. :nono::nono::nono:

That behaviour is scarey...:nono:

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
I don't believe that you have to go to seminary to be called and anointed of God, nor to have insight into Scripture--most of the apostles didn't have that kind of training. I also believe that seminary training can easily serve as a false substitute for the actual power of God on a person's ministry. However, a couple of the doctrines contradict Scripture--such as "no unclean foods" and the fact that some of those Scripture references are tangentially related at best. Weave is bad based on this: "Therefore I consider all your precepts to be right; I hate every false way." :nono:

Okay, the whole catching AIDS through weave is bizarre. But really, I don't have tons of issues with what he's said besides the above.

_________
ETA: He seems to be a type of preacher who believes in being wholly Bible based, but won't deal with the Bible's own inherent evolution. For instance, yes, the Bible says "No" to unclean foods, but God also specifically told Peter that he could eat those things which before were considered unclean. Yes, Jude says that God is able to keep you from falling, and yet Proverbs says that a righteous man falls seven times yet rises on the eighth. And if that is not enough, Peter fell as well and kept walking with God (and then Paul still had to rebuke him about something else later). So...

Sometimes it seems that certain people's claimed die-hard faithfulness to Scripture is more an unwillingness to really deal with the whole of Scripture--especially where the differences between the Old and New Covenants come into play.

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
I don't believe that you have to go to seminary to be called and anointed of God, nor to have insight into Scripture--most of the apostles didn't have that kind of training. I also believe that seminary training can easily serve as a false substitute for the actual power of God on a person's ministry. However, a couple of the doctrines contradict Scripture--such as "no unclean foods" and the fact that some of those Scripture references are tangentially related at best. Weave is bad based on this: "Therefore I consider all your precepts to be right; I hate every false way." :nono:

Okay, the whole catching AIDS through weave is bizarre. But really, I don't have tons of issues with what he's said besides the above.

Thanks Nicola....

Ummmm, there's more :nono: :nono: :nono:

Shimmie

Staff member
I'm trying to understand what he means about a man 'beating' a woman and not put his hands on her.... ???

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
I think he's saying that a husband should "outdo" his wife when it comes to providing, etc.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Yes, he did make that distinction that a man should "beat" his wife in terms of outdoing her in taking care of the household. Sounds convoluted though :lol: Why didn't he just say that..? But I for one know everyone delivers differently...he's too "raunchy" for me...

I will says he sounds "passionate" as a whole... context is critical, though.
ETA: why didn't Lexi go hard like that on that gay bishop...?

I think he's saying that a husband should "outdo" his wife when it comes to providing, etc.

Last edited:

InVue

Simple Life Lover
I actually agree with some things he said on the Lexi show with a few exceptions especially when it comes to women in ministry he loses me there. He's hardcore, I was raised under a ministry similar except women were a part of our ministry. In fact our pastor's wife was co-pastor . I think he needs to use wisdom which should come with time and experience.

Last edited:

Iwanthealthyhair67

all of what NK said ...this isn't the first time I've heard him speak, but i just can't take him meaning I couldn't sit under his ministry

InVue

Simple Life Lover
He's what we use to call a "fire and brimstone" minister. He's mild compared to some I've heard. :)

Shimmie

Staff member
:peek:

Marking my spot..please allow me to post his church's doctrines

Holy Doctrine /Source: http://thewayofgodchurch.com/holy-doctrine.php
Salvation

Mark 16:15
St. John 7:38-39
Acts 2:38
Matthew 28:19
Acts 5:32
I Peter 1:22-23

Marriage

One husband one wife while the first one lives. (Luke 16:18), (Romans 7:1-4), (I Corinthians 7:10)

Women Apparel

Proper attire for women.(I Peter 3:4-6)
Women adorning themselves in Holiness. Not with gold, pearls, or costly array. (I Timothy 2:9)
No broided hair which means to platt or braid. To braid means to intertwine 3 or more strands. (I Peter 3:3)
No pants or britches (Deuteronomy 22:5). Britches were only given to the Priests to wear and their sons. (Leviticus 6:10), (Ezekiel 44:16-18), and (Exodus 28:40-42)
Jewelry was taken away from women and never returned. (Isaiah 3:16 -23)
Not wearing make-up. (I Timothy 2:9; Jeremiah 4:30)
Covering of the woman’s head while she prays or prophesize. (I Corinthians 11: 5-6, 15)
Not dying or coloring of the hair. (Matthew 5:36)
Not wearing weave or hair pieces. (Psalm 119:128)
:look:

Women Preachers

No women preachers. (I Timothy 2:12), (Numbers 27:15-18), (Ephesians 4:8, 11) verse 11 name positions and titles
Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. (I Timothy 2:11)

Funerals in the Church

Dead bodies defile the house of God. (Ezekiel 9:7)
Bringing the dead in the house of the Lord. (Numbers 19:13-14)
Gods house is the house of prayer not the house of mourning. (Matthew 21:13)

Preacher Qualifications

Preachers of God should be blameless & Holy. (I Timothy 3:1-7), (Titus 1:4), (II Corinthians 6:3-10)

Baptisms

Baptism in the name of the Lord Jesus. In the beginning there were 3 Baptisms ordained of God
First baptism. (I Corinthians 10:1-2)
Second baptism. (Matthew 3) performed by John in the name of the Lord Jesus
Third and final baptism. (Acts 10:48), (Acts 2:38), (Acts 19:5)

Single Cup Communion

One Cup Communion (what Jesus did with his disciples). (Matthew 26:26-27), (Mark 14:22-23), (I Corinthians 11:23-25)

Holidays

No holidays or any other days that are contrary to sound doctrine. (Galatians 4:10)

Holy Days

Keeping God’s Holy Days. (Leviticus 23:1-44), (Colossians 2:16-17)

Dietary Law

Not eating unclean food. (Leviticus 11:1-47), (Isaiah 65:3-4), (Isaiah 66:16-17)

Idols

No images of God, idols worship, trophies, angels, Jesus, doves, crosses, and praying hands.
No pictures of preachers and their wives/families inside the house of God or any persons. (I Chronicles 29:1)

One God

One Lord, One God. (I John 3:16), (I John 5:7,19,20), (I Timothy 3:16) and (John 14:8-10)

Swearing

Not serving on Jury duty. (I Corinthians 5:12)
Not taking an oath. (Matthew 5:37)
Let your yea be yea and nay be nay. (II Timothy 3:3)
Not bearing false witness. (Exodus 20:16)

Selling & Buying in the Church

No Selling and buying in the House of God. (Matthew 21:11-13)
Food - Car Washes - Tapes/CDs – Clothes - Fashion shows - Concerts – Tickets - Etc...

Laela

:peek: is so right. I've been watching Lexi's Youtubes since the other thread, and came across this person. He's calm in the interview but in the pulpit, he's a pit bull raging at everything.

Women are not allowed to be 'women'; let me say this, he'd never qualify to be married to me. :nono::nono::nono: No way.

Shimmie

Staff member
Yes, he did make that distinction that a man should "beat" his wife in terms of outdoing her in taking care of the household. Sounds convoluted though :lol: Why didn't he just say that..? But I for one know everyone delivers differently...he's too "raunchy" for me...

I will says he sounds "passionate" as a whole... context is critical, though.

ETA: why didn't Lexi go hard like that on that gay bishop...?

@the bolded.... I hear you and I wonder why as well... :yep:

Shimmie

Staff member
I actually agree with some things he said on the Lexi show with a few exceptions especially when it comes to women in ministry he loses me there.

He's hardcore, I was raised under a ministry similar except women were a part of our ministry. In fact our pastor's wife was co-pastor . I think he needs to use wisdom which should come with time and experience.

He's what we use to call a "fire and brimstone" minister. He's mild compared to some I've heard. :)

There's worse....? :lol:

Thanks for sharing Love... :Rose:

Shimmie

Staff member
all of what NK said ...this isn't the first time I've heard him speak, but i just can't take him meaning I couldn't sit under his ministry

Why does he have the two body guards standing beside him on the altar?

I guess he knows the risks of his brashness... :look:

Shimmie

Staff member
ooooo I think I know now..... she stepped foot in their "territory" and got seduced...

She was just too noddie, like this :yep: :yep: :yep: and happy with their lifestyle.

Way too many folks are fearful of speaking the truth to gays and their supporters....

I'm not... :nono:

LucieLoo12

I was going to make a thread about him, but yea he's um ....well...umm....I dont agree with his style of teaching and doctrine...He calls the people of God, stupid and dumb... its ridiculous...

Shimmie

Staff member
I was going to make a thread about him, but yea he's um ....well...umm....I dont agree with his style of teaching and doctrine...He calls the people of God, stupid and dumb... its ridiculous...

I'm still tryna' figure out why he needs to have two men standing beside him on the altar... AND if he has scripture to back it up?

:look: :look: :look:

LucieLoo12

Its not uncommon for preachers to have "readers", but as his case, Im not sure why he has one. He walks around alot, so maybe its easier to minister when someone else is reading, Im not sure...:spinning:

I thought they were body guards and I wondered how he backed having them up there with scripture.

But why does he need them to read for him? I'm not understanding this?

Prudent1

His response to a 'preacher' that he says is gay was sending him a package...that included a vegetable and a jar of petroleum. :nono::nono::nono:

That behaviour is scarey...:nono:
Huh?! How is that walking in love or speaking the truth in love?:nono: Let me watch the YT vids then check back in eith you guys...

ETA:- Just watched the vids:perplexed. He is saying some things that line up with the word and some that do not. I'd never heard of him or Lexi until this thread. This is one of the few times I have nothing to say. I thanked those I agree with upthread.:spinning:

Last edited:

LucieLoo12

He has a zeal but not according to knowledge. People got to realize just because you may know a few scriptures, does not mean you are meant to Pastor..

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
Man's idea of God's righteousness takes glory away from the Father. To become set apart for His use is the reason we have the Holy Spirit connecting us to Him.

I hate to say this but most pastors, teachers, religions, etc. (intentional or not) keep people focused on self and the physical existence instead of helping people reach spiritual maturity to help spread the Evangel.

InVue

Simple Life Lover
Last night, I took a more detail look at his teaching via his church website. I don't agree with his doctrine. And I totally disagree with him calling people stupid and nig___s. His approach is rude and over the top. He's seems angry. Having said that he does speak some truth i(IMO) it just seems to get lost in his presentation. Although I don't know about AIDS living in fake hair...

Having come from a denomination that spring from early COGIC (Bishop Mason days) this type ministering isn't new to me. I've heard strong fire and brimstone preaching where the minister was dogmatic in his presentation. I believe these type ministers get their approach from Isaiah when he called the people ignorant and dumb dogs that could not bark. Isa 56:10

Even in that approach I think one should use wisdom. People seem to go to the extreme in just about everything now though.

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
He has a zeal but not according to knowledge. People got to realize just because you may know a few scriptures, does not mean you are meant to Pastor..

Yes. Zeal and truth are not synonymous and having one does not mean you have the other. Peter was called "the Zealot" way before He encountered Christ, so one's own fiery indignation does not justify itself.