Tell Me What You Think About Him...

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
Now, I will say that I think the Spirit has changed my mind about clothes and makeup...but it was nothing externally imposed. It started with not relaxing my hair for more or less spiritual reasons. Then the heels made less and less of an appearance. I like makeup, but wear it less often now, and I actually put away my liquid eyeliner on purpose when a verse came to mind about women with "painted eyes" in Scripture. I'm not saying all of that was God saying it was bad, just that I think that we as women can try to be beautiful according to some (worldly) standard instead of just being beautiful in exactly the way the Lord created. Interestingly enough, the more I've left the extras alone, the more I genuinely like the way I look without it. Again, not saying makeup's bad; this has just been my experience, and I can sympathize with some of what was said in the video.

I think he's judging, though, and making assumptions about the motives of women who do x, y, and z. Like Lexi said, sometimes weaves (and braids) are purely about convenience and are actually simpler than trying to be natural.

Last edited:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Last night, I took a more detail look at his teaching via his church website. I don't agree with his doctrine. And I totally disagree with him calling people stupid and nig___s. His approach is rude and over the top. He's seems angry. Having said that he does speak some truth i(IMO) it just seems to get lost in his presentation. Although I don't know about AIDS living in fake hair...

Having come from a denomination that spring from early COGIC (Bishop Mason days) this type ministering isn't new to me. I've heard strong fire and brimstone preaching where the minister was dogmatic in his presentation. I believe these type ministers get their approach from Isaiah when he called the people ignorant and dumb dogs that could not bark. Isa 56:10

Even in that approach I think one should use wisdom. People seem to go to the extreme in just about everything now though.

Oh No.... :nono: He used the "N' word ------ in the Pulpit ? ? ? ? ?

I missed that. But I did hear him use the offensive 'T' word for a woman's breast, which is so graphic and so unnecessary. :nono: :nono: :nono:

He's too abrasive and unrefined.

:nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:

Shimmie

Staff member
Now, I will say that I think the Spirit has changed my mind about clothes and makeup...but it was nothing externally imposed. It started with not relaxing my hair for more or less spiritual reasons. Then the heels made less and less of an appearance. I like makeup, but wear it less often now, and I actually put away my liquid eyeliner on purpose when a verse came to mind about women with "painted eyes" in Scripture. I'm not saying all of that was God saying it was bad, just that I think that we as women can try to be beautiful according to some (worldly) standard instead of just being beautiful in exactly the way the Lord created. Interestingly enough, the more I've left the extras alone, the more I genuinely like the way I look without it. Again, not saying makeup's bad; this has just been my experience, and I can sympathize with some of what was said in the video.

I think he's judging, though, and making assumptions about the motives of women who do x, y, and z. Like Lexi said, sometimes weaves (and braids) are purely about convenience and are actually simpler than trying to be natural.

I gave up wearing makeup a few years ago. I was just tired of the stress behind it. So I think I can 'related' somewhat with what you are sharing. I have to admit that I love my natural skin without it. :yep:

I will admit that I fell in love with the beautiful colors of eyeshadows using the mineral makeup. And watching GoddessMaker 's videos and her seeing her beautiful pictures in her siggy's, that I began to have a new appreciation for the art of makeup and how and when it is applied.

I still prefer the natural look over makeup, I just feel free knowing that I can go without it I choose to; makeup is only an option. However when I 'have' an occasion that calls for it, at least I will have a beautiful example to follow. I'd love to take classes/tutorials from GoddessMaker.

I hope my post make sense. I'm half asleep. :sleep2: Bottomline I agree with you :yep:

Shimmie

Staff member
Huh?! How is that walking in love or speaking the truth in love?:nono: Let me watch the YT vids then check back in eith you guys...

ETA:- Just watched the vids:perplexed. He is saying some things that line up with the word and some that do not. I'd never heard of him or Lexi until this thread. This is one of the few times I have nothing to say. I thanked those I agree with upthread.:spinning:

It wasn't nice at all. :nono: Even though I don't approve of the other preacher's lifestyle (adultery, divorce, an out of wedlock child born to another woman while still married), I still believe that Pastor Tony Smith went too far by sending him that type of package. :nono:

Shimmie

Staff member
Man's idea of God's righteousness takes glory away from the Father. To become set apart for His use is the reason we have the Holy Spirit connecting us to Him.

I hate to say this but most pastors, teachers, religions, etc. (intentional or not) keep people focused on self and the physical existence instead of helping people reach spiritual maturity to help spread the Evangel.

Yes. Zeal and truth are not synonymous and having one does not mean you have the other. Peter was called "the Zealot" way before He encountered Christ, so one's own fiery indignation does not justify itself.

Good Word from both of you... :up: Excellent knowledge :yep:

InVue

Simple Life Lover
Oh No.... :nono: He used the "N' word ------ in the Pulpit ? ? ? ? ?

I missed that. But I did hear him use the offensive 'T' word for a woman's breast, which is so graphic and so unnecessary. :nono: :nono: :nono:

He's too abrasive and unrefined.

:nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:

Yes, and he gets more abrasive too. I heard him use the N word in a couple of his messages on the website. It seems to me he uses the pulpit as an outlet to express his anger with society.

Shimmie

Staff member
Yes, and he gets more abrasive too. I heard him use the N word in a couple of his messages on the website. It seems to me he uses the pulpit as an outlet to express his anger with society.

Thanks InVue.... :grouphug2:

May I share that I am angry and here's why. First, it's no secret that most Churches have a population of more women than men. It appears that this man has a large male following and they appear to 'admire' him. Just by observing the men who stand beside him as his 'readers'; they appear to extremely loyal to him.

What discourages me and makes me angry is that he is misguiding these men who admire his delivery. Instead of refining the men, he's defiling them with his character and delivery and his trumped up beliefs. He's not teaching men to love and to treat women tenderly and to respect them. These men are remaining 'hood' instead of being renewed with the mind of Christ and the heart of God our Father. He's just reproducing more dominant, controlling, mean spirited little Tonys. This is so unfair to the women who look to their husbands for love and tenderness.

He is not a good leader with this disposition... :nono: He's a bully.

InVue

Simple Life Lover
I agree. :yep: He’s got this alpha male women keep silent thing going on. I listened to several of his messages. What bothered me apart from the name-calling and unnecessary bashing is he spoke very little if at all about Christ and redemption. The entire message was condemnation and I didn’t feel any anointing. He was longwinded and rambled from topic to topic no flow. Amazingly, with the exception of calling Lexi boo, he spoke better and more sensible during the interview.

My prayer is if his heart is pure, that God will give him wisdom.

Shimmie

Staff member
I agree. :yep: He’s got this alpha male women keep silent thing going on. I listened to several of his messages. What bothered me apart from the name-calling and unnecessary bashing is he spoke very little if at all about Christ and redemption. The entire message was condemnation and I didn’t feel any anointing. He was longwinded and rambled from topic to topic no flow. Amazingly, with the exception of calling Lexi boo, he spoke better and more sensible during the interview.

My prayer is if his heart is pure, that God will give him wisdom.

Amen :yep: I pray for his heart as well.

:lol: @ calling Lexi boo than turning around and calling her a harlot with a weave... :lol:

LucieLoo12

He just dont preach the full Gospel. He preach alot of feelings and opinions and thats not right.....

Matthew 15V9
But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

If you have an opinion about something, thats fine, we all do. But dont make it a law.

He was preaching against perms and relaxers, I'm like :ohwell:..really? This is sin?
Saying stuff like women stink and we need to wash our "monkey behinds"

Lawwwdd, its just so much.....

Rainbow Dash

He just dont preach the full Gospel. He preach alot of feelings and opinions and thats not right.....

Matthew 15V9

If you have an opinion about something, thats fine, we all do. But dont make it a law.

He was preaching against perms and relaxers, I'm like :ohwell:..really? This is sin?

I agree with your post. How is he going to be a man of God and disrespect women? Um...no brother, you are in error. He is arrogant and disrespectful. I don't care if he calls himself a pastor. Jesus said " You will know them by their fruit." We don't just receive from people though they have titles. Consider the whole counsel of God and be led by His Spirit.

InVue

Simple Life Lover

Matthew 15V9
But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. [/B]...
Saying stuff like women stink and we need to wash our "monkey behinds"..

:yep: My mouth fell open when he said that...In one message he called black people darkies and bamboos. He was so animated I thought he was going to slip and curse.

Shimmie

Staff member

Matthew 15V9

What ???? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

This man is too much. :lol: :lol: :lol:

:rofl: @ 'monkey behind' :rofl:

ktykaty

I've watched the 3 videos, prayed on it, slept on it, prayed some more and finally I'm calm enough to comment. hopefully. :blush:

1. The image of God this man is painting is disturbing and false. He is painting God as a misogynistic, unforgiving, micromanaging God, whereas God is loving, merciful, consider all human being as equal and free.

2. The doctrine of this church is unbalanced. Too much about women, not enough about Jesus, about the Holy Spirit or about God the Father. Christianity is not about women, what they can or cannot do. It's all about Jesus.

3. There's some truth in what he says and a lot of false/incorrect stuff and a lot of contradiction. How can you tell people that as Christian we need to be careful of what we say because we have the power to speak thing into realisation and then tell that so & so is going to hell ???

4. The way he speaks. :nono::nono::nono: Where is the love ??

Love endures long and is patient and kind; love never is envious nor boils over with jealousy, is not boastful or vainglorious, does not display itself haughtily.
It is not conceited (arrogant and inflated with pride); it is not rude (unmannerly) and does not act unbecomingly. Love (God's love in us) does not insist on its own rights or its own way, for it is not self-seeking; it is not touchy or fretful or resentful; it takes no account of the evil done to it [it pays no attention to a suffered wrong].
It does not rejoice at injustice and unrighteousness, but rejoices when right and truth prevail.
Love bears up under anything and everything that comes, is ever ready to believe the best of every person, its hopes are fadeless under all circumstances, and it endures everything [without weakening].

1 Corinthians 13: 4-7 (Amplified Bible)

There 's more to say but I'll stop there.
I pray that the Lord will reveal himself fully to this man and will teach him His way of teaching/preaching. I pray that God will give his congregation shepherds after His own heart, who will feed them with knowledge and understanding. In Jesus name. Amen.

NaturallySweet73

I was going to make a thread about him, but yea he's um ....well...umm....I don't agree with his style of teaching and doctrine...He calls the people of God, stupid and dumb... its ridiculous...

If you see some of his Youtube videos, he is extremely legalistic!!! The women cant even wear perms and he is nasty to boot! This dude.......:nono: