Tell Me Why A Beautician...

Get outta here..I cant beleive that. Well I hope she has learned a lesson. That must have been an incredibly humbling experience for her. Nice of you to help her out.

BTW - Your hair is beautiful.

BrooklynSouth

.........and we know they are crazy:drunk: :drunk: when they reach for the fine toothed rat tail to comb before they do the touch-ups or whole relaxers...I bring my shower comb which elicits a chuckle from my hair lady when I pull it out and wave it a her.

Nice & Wavy

pistachio said:
Although I'd be pissed at her, it was mature of her to appologize and actually admit that she needed your help. Some chicks when caught in the wrong, would've just popped their lips and rolled their eyes and act like they didn't need any help. Good story!! :)

I have to say, it wasn't easy not being upset with her, but when I saw her hair, I thought of all of us here on LHCF and knew that I needed to help her asap! My upsetment went out the window!

Nice & Wavy

gymfreak336 said:
ITA!!

Go head with ya bad self Nice and Wavy;) Now when she calls you goahead and tell her to pay her 5 bucks and hop on the good foot.

Gymfreak..you are funny!

I promise I will tell her...hopefully she will come on board!

Nice & Wavy

amr501 said:
It's scary to think that she is actually doing folks hair, but it happens everyday! Thankfully she met you though ;)

Now, to give her the benefit of the doubt, she might do very well on relaxed heads...I didn't see any of her patrons heads yet...I think I will stroll on over there on Tuesday....her shop is closed on Mondays. I just know that her hair was really tow up...I mean really bad. I should have asked her could I take a picture of her hair. But I did tell her to get Aveda DR everything, that was a the top of the list. I pray she got it by now.

Nice & Wavy

SerenityBreeze said:
Get outta here..I cant beleive that. Well I hope she has learned a lesson. That must have been an incredibly humbling experience for her. Nice of you to help her out.

BTW - Your hair is beautiful.

Thanks serenitybreeze....and thanks for the compliment. I always loved your hair since I first saw you on 05. I'm watching your hair grow down your back....beautiful!!!

Brooklynsouth - girl, you know that's right and you gotta have written instructions right along with that comb...lol!

brooklyngal73

SteelyDan/DonaldFagenFan!
I'm only speaking the truth. Now since she's met you, hopefully her hair won't be jacked up anymore. She'll be on the road to great hair! ;)

Nice & Wavy said:
Girl, you and Sareca got me laughing over here....you are too much...LOL!

rosalindb

You have a good heart. Great story - thanks for sharing

GeechyGurl said:
Gurl, you just saved about 1000 heads of hair! Just imagine how many people she's going to serve over the life of her career. Ya done good!:lol:.
Good point!!!

jewel

It is good that you helped her out:) . That is why I am so thankful for LHCF I learned more from here than I ever did from a beautican in my past :confused::look: .

Nice & Wavy

bklynwildheart said:
I'm only speaking the truth. Now since she's met you, hopefully her hair won't be jacked up anymore. She'll be on the road to great hair! ;)

Yeah....I hope so too!

Thanks!

Nice & Wavy

lyphe said:
It is good that you helped her out:) . That is why I am so thankful for LHCF I learned more from here than I ever did from a beautican in my past :confused::look: .

Thanks so much. I'm glad I was able to help...thanks to LHCF ladies for equipping me with the info I need for myself and for others!

Nice & Wavy

lyphe said:

Thanks so much. I'm glad I was able to help...thanks to LHCF ladies for equipping me with the info I need for myself and for others!

Rosalindb - thank you so much!

Toy-pisces - thanks to you as well.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I bet she felt foolish when she saw it was your hair. I can't believe she tried to pull it though. I think I would've flipped. That was nice of you to write out a regimen though. I'm interested to know if she will follow it.

rabs77

Hi Nice and Wavy:wave:
Its a shame a "beautician" couldnt recognise the fact that it was your own hair. I get that a lot when I wear my hair in a puff, like in the first pix in my siggy. I get the "thats a nice phony puff" comment a lot. People ask me where I got one to match my hair so well. I just take it as a compliment!:) Nice hair by the way!

divya

:lachen::lachen:

I'm sorry but that was sooooo funny!!! But yea, I might have gotten a bit more hostile if somebody pulled my hair like that! LOL. But that's really nice that you gave her hair tips because as a beautician she really ought to know a thing or two about hair. You're right about LHCF too, we are really blessed to have each other. :)

bLackButtaFly

WOW! I can't believe that she told you you're hair wasn't real! And then said she was a beautician...wow. I guess you just never know.

InnerSoul

ShiShiPooPoo said:
Wow. That's deep.

Yeah, they need a little help too. She's a beautician? God bless America.

my sentiments exactly.. the irony of it all:lol:

I am impressed that the beautician asked the client for help!! That does not often happen... atleast in my experiences... it is usually the other way around!

lovenharmony

ET / OT Bonafide Member
Woah, she did what to your hair? After that, I wouldn't of helped her either, but you handled that well. Apparently she doesn't know much about taking care of hair if she can't even take care of her own! No wonder she thought yours was fake!

Yup, I'm so glad that I found LHCF!

blazingthru

bmoreflyygirl said:
You didn't have to. But you chose too. And that was very nice of you. :) A lot of people don't know how to deal with natural hair though. Even stylists.

I agree when I tell people that are natural that I have grown my hair out this length in one year, they are shocked, but I am shocked when they say they have been natural for 2 years and they are still in the barely TWA stage. they are usually unfriendly and never want to know anything so I say oh. They always say to me I look like my hair is mixed so it would grow faster, I never had long hair never this is the longest my hair has ever been, I am not claiming it long yet but I think that is a bunch of crap. I know everyone can grow hair whether they are mixed or not it just takes time and patience. Great post