Terrible breakage, but........

HairFanatic01

OH MY GOSH!! MY SETTING LOTION DAMAGED MY HAIR!!! I washed with cream of nature, deep conditioned with aubrey gpb and moisturizing conditioner with kenra. Then came the rollerset. Last night I used a new mixture for my setting lotion(infusium, distilled water and jojoba oil) which was before I got the advice on the board. I roller set my hair hair and took the rollers out. Then I started to comb and strands of hair just start to break and come out in my comb. No matter what I did the breakage wouldn't stop!! I wrapped my hair and conditioned it with Dudley's special scalp oil and it continued to break!!! This morning I got up and washed my hair again, but this time instead of using aubrey organics gpb, I used aphogee 2 minute reconstructor with le-kair's deep condition. I put the comb through my hair and IT STOPPED BREAKING!! I was so glad and relieved. Now I'm sitting under the dryer with le-kair and I must say thankyou ladies!!! With your advice over these past 5-6 months with being on the board I saved my hair!! Thank-you LHCF!!

ms_kenesha

I could not use any setting lotion that made my hair crispy when I was relaxed because I would comb and break my hair terribly...so I never used Infusium and Lottabody had to be very, very diluted. I got to the point where I never used setting lotion because it wasn't worth the risk and using just water and a leave-in conditioner did great for my sets.

HairFanatic01

Yeah I know!! My hair was breaking so bad last night. Does anyone have an suggestion on how I should do my hair today after the deep condition? If so, then plz post!!!!!!

inthepink

I would definitely stay away from the Infusium as a setting lotion and as a conditioner. For setting my braidouts, I use regular leave-in conditioner like Pantene Conditioner Spray.

I would deep condition and then maybe moisturize your ends with vaseline to seal in the moisture.

aqualung

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
I would deep condition and then maybe moisturize your ends with vaseline to seal in the moisture.

[/ QUOTE ]

DITTO
I resort to the week-long vaselined braided bun when these styling mishaps occur.

Next rollerset, I'm going to have my stylist use the Pantene detangle light spray conditioner instead of diluted LottaBody (dries stiff and sticky). That and no round brushing.