My Regimen

klsjackson

Hi all!!! I'm still new to the board (one week) and trying to maintain my own hair instead of paying $45 a week for a shampoo and rollerset. I did my hair last night and I had pretty good results, but my hair is not as soft and shiny as I would like. I know what my hair should and can look like, but it's not there yet. So, tell me what I did wrong or right and what can I change to get better results. I would really appreciate any and all advice!! Thanks in advance!

Reggie:
Washed with Mizani Puriphying once (because hair felt hard and coated)
Washed twice with Roux 619 moisturizing shampoo
Conditioned with Porosity Control for 2 mins
Deep conditioned with Affirm Sustenance under heat cap 45 mins
Detangled with Mane n Tail (hair in the crown was still kinda tangled)
Leave Ins - Fermodyl 619
Lottabody setting lotion (diluted with water)
Rollerset under hooded dryer for 50 mins

Finish was shiny and kinda soft. I moisturized with NTM and sealed with Argan oil. Rolled my hair and went to bed. This morning my hair was okay, better than last week, but still dry especially the ends. My hair has been extremely tangled lately and I've had some breakage issues.

1) How often do you clarify?

2) There's no need to lather twice, especially after you just clarified. :yep:

3) If your hair was still tangled after using the Mane N Tail, I'd suggest dropping it. It serves no purpose for you and might be doing more harm than good with the protein.

5) Honestly, NTM isn't the best moisturizer. Lots of people have reported breakage while using it due to the high level of cones. The argan oil you used, is it real, pure argan oil? Or is it a serum that's filled with cones? The NTM plus more argan oil cones to provide moisture doesn't sound like a good combo to me.

How often do you moisturize? Is NTM your main, go-to moisturizer?

Reggie:
Washed with Mizani Puriphying once (because hair felt hard and coated)
Washed twice with Roux 619 moisturizing shampoo
Conditioned with Porosity Control for 2 mins

Deep conditioned with Affirm Sustenance under heat cap 45 mins
Detangled with Mane n Tail (hair in the crown was still kinda tangled)
Leave Ins - Fermodyl 619
Lottabody setting lotion (diluted with water)
Rollerset under hooded dryer for 50 mins

Finish was shiny and kinda soft. I moisturized with NTM and sealed with Argan oil. Rolled my hair and went to bed. This morning my hair was okay, better than last week, but still dry especially the ends. My hair has been extremely tangled lately and I've had some breakage issues.

1. Don't these products do all the same thing??
2. The cones in NTM can make your hair feel weighted...I use it to detangle before the wash only...not as a leave in.

I switched from Roux corrector and conditioner to fermodyl 619(not the entire vial) because even with the added conditioner to the roux porosity control conditioner and corrector, my hair would tangle something fierce. The 619 leave in corrects porosity (according to the label)

1) How often do you clarify?

2) There's no need to lather twice, especially after you just clarified. :yep:

3) If your hair was still tangled after using the Mane N Tail, I'd suggest dropping it. It serves no purpose for you and might be doing more harm than good with the protein.

5) Honestly, NTM isn't the best moisturizer. Lots of people have reported breakage while using it due to the high level of cones. The argan oil you used, is it real, pure argan oil? Or is it a serum that's filled with cones? The NTM plus more argan oil cones to provide moisture doesn't sound like a good combo to me.

How often do you moisturize? Is NTM your main, go-to moisturizer?

I just started using Mane and Tail. Yesterday was actually my first time using it. I just recently started moisturizing and sealing and just grabbed what I had on hand. I try to moisturize twice a day. NTM is my staple moisturizer, but to be honest I don't really like it. It make my hair feel coated. The Argan oil is pure, nothing else added. I clarified last week with a Suave clarifying shampoo.

Can you rec a good moisturizer? I'm relaxed type 4a

1. Don't these products do all the same thing??
2. The cones in NTM can make your hair feel weighted...I use it to detangle before the wash only...not as a leave in.

I switched from Roux corrector and conditioner to fermodyl 619(not the entire vial) because even with the added conditioner to the roux porosity control conditioner and corrector, my hair would tangle something fierce. The 619 leave in corrects porosity (according to the label)

Thanks! I didn't realize that the 619 leave in would help with porosity. I'm trying to understand all of this :spinning:.

Back