Terrible salon results

kking7777

Is it just me, or do anyone of you girls get terrible salon results all the time? Back in 92 when the short on top long in back style was in I always loved the salon result. However, every since I grew the top out I hate the results. They never straighten my hair with the flat iron or curlers like I do at home. I also dislike the no sheen dry look they acheive. So is it just me? Or are the salons a waste of time? I wish I could walk out of a salon with straightend hair that moves and I get what I paid for.

inthepink

Are you saying that every salon you visit gives you bad results? Maybe try recommendations from people. I know I used to walk up to total strangers with beautiful hair and ask them where they got their hair done. Do you live in an area with Dominican salons or Egyptian salons? Those are raved about a lot here and I can personally attest for Eqyptian salons. I had terrible luck before I began going.

I hope you find a place you like...

kking7777

Yes Hairlove, Every time I go to a salon I hate the results. I am in the Chicago area though and I hear great things about Dominican and Egyptian salons but I have not been to one yet.

inthepink

Well, hurry up and make an appointment!!!
From what I've read here on the forum - Dominican salons are good for wanting a rollerset - so less heat options.
Egyptian salons - based on my own experience tend to blowdry and curl. But, your hair will be silky!!

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Hey girl

Just wanted to say hi & I missed ya

Allandra

kking,

I bet a Dominican salon could get you great results. I think you would be rather pleased if you could visit a Dominican salon. Although I've never gone to an Egyptian salon, it looks like they do a wonderful job too (from viewing Hairlove's album).

Lindy

I loooove the way my hair looks and feels when I leave the salon after my touch-ups!! It's always sooo light and bouncy!! The only problem is that it doesn't last, and I can't get it quite that way myself at home!!

lunalight7

I am always please dw/ my results after my stylist does my hair. This only happened after I found him a couple of years ago. Before that, I thought the lousy results were par for the course and just accepted that I didnt have "pretty" hair. Im so glad that I know better now.

debyjay

I love my salon look, I swear I am thinking of getting a second job just so I can go every week! My hair is very fragile when wet and I lose a lot when it's almost touch-up time. They manage to keep most of the hair on my head where it belongs.