Texturized heads and breakage- help!!

OnPoint

Hi Ladies

I have been having problem for week now. My hair is texturized and I have MAJOR breakage. I am not overestimating this problem. I have limited my combing to every two days and I still lose a lot of hair. In total, when I finish combing my hair, the hair lost, when rolled together is about the size of a silver dollar. I have fine hair as it is and this is tooo much. I want to cry.
I started to deep condition my hair with LeKair from last week. This is week two and things have not been getting any better. I feel like I can't manage my hair. Please help!

Cichelle

I'm sorry. I can imagine how upsetting that must be. Do you think maybe a protein treatment would help? Maybe you could give it a try. (Lekair is cholesterol, right?)

Queenie

Try a protein treatment like Nexxus Keraphix. Then only comb you hair in the shower, under the water, after conditioning.

Nanyanika

I remember when i suffred teerible breakage...all i did was braid my hair in conrows to limit manipulaton, and conditioner wash over my braids, moisturise with scurl activator daily keep my ends covered with a baggie, and shampoo/deep condition weekly and remove them after two weeks, which helped a deal. Careful with lekair cholesterol, it sometimes makes my hair hard too.

L

LaNecia

Moisture and conditioning should become your best friends right now.

I had a lot of breakage about a month back because I slacked up on my CO washing, I started using a conditioner on my hair dry at night (put my hair under a silk scarf), CO washed in the morning and wore in a protective style.

I'd also recommend a reconstructor (I like, Nexxus Emergenee). For my CO washes, I use my Eqyss Mega-Tek Hair Rebuilder (every other day) I can't say enough about this product and how it's all but silenced my breakage.

Whatever you use, be sure to baby your hair, keep it conditioned and moisturized and minimize manipulation as much as possible.

Hope to hear a good news post soon!

LaLa

amy1234

Lekair cholestoral always caused breakage for me. This product could be the culprit. Maybe you should try motions cpr and a good moisturizing conditioner such as: paul mitchell supercharged moisturizer. hth

DahomeyAhosi

I have to add my advice even though the advice given already is good. I just went through this problem after my last texturizer. I used Nexxus Emergencee and the breakage stopped almost instantly. This is a protein treatment / reconstructor but it does not make my hair hard at all. It is very gentle. Check it out!

OnPoint

Cichelle said:
I'm sorry. I can imagine how upsetting that must be. Do you think maybe a protein treatment would help? Maybe you could give it a try. (Lekair is cholesterol, right?)

Yes Lekair is cholesterol. I have tried protein treatments, maybe I need to do it more frequently. It is so bad some days I feel like cutting all my hair off.

OnPoint

den1 said:
I remember when i suffred teerible breakage...all i did was braid my hair in conrows to limit manipulaton, and conditioner wash over my braids, moisturise with scurl activator daily keep my ends covered with a baggie, and shampoo/deep condition weekly and remove them after two weeks, which helped a deal. Careful with lekair cholesterol, it sometimes makes my hair hard too.
I was thinking about conrowing my hair too. I will do it this week. So it is safe to conditioner wash with the conrows? It won't add to build up? How often do you CO wash? Sorry for all of the questions but I am really really desperate! Thank you for your advice!

Last edited:

OnPoint

*Dee* said:
Lekair cholestoral always caused breakage for me. This product could be the culprit. Maybe you should try motions cpr and a good moisturizing conditioner such as: paul mitchell supercharged moisturizer. hth
Motions CPR? I haven't heard of this one. Is it like Aubrey's GBP ( I think) I was trying to get that but they don't sell Aubrey's in Canada. I will check out the motions. This week. Thanks for the advice!

OnPoint

Queenie said:
Try a protein treatment like Nexxus Keraphix. Then only comb you hair in the shower, under the water, after conditioning.
I was looking at nexxus products but they are sooo expensive up here. The humcetco ( sp?) was $29.00!!! But if my hair continues like this I will have to get it. Thanks for the advice!

OnPoint

DahomeyAhosi said:
I have to add my advice even though the advice given already is good. I just went through this problem after my last texturizer. I used Nexxus Emergencee and the breakage stopped almost instantly. This is a protein treatment / reconstructor but it does not make my hair hard at all. It is very gentle. Check it out!
Okay so based on all of the suggestions I will try the nexxus line- humcetress, and emergencee. I will try the emergencee first because, by the name of it, it would relate to my situation. Then I will use the humcetress.

Do you use them on a weekly basis?

I made a post about deep conditioners last week and LeKair was mentioned, but maybe it is not good for texturized heads, as some of the post mentioned.

I would really like to thank all of you ladies deeply for your help and your advice will be put into practice! Trust me!

Last edited:

Nanyanika

OnPoint said:
I was thinking about conrowing my hair too. I will do it this week. So it is safe to conditioner wash with the conrows? It won't add to build up? How often do you CO wash? Sorry for all of the questions but I am really really desperate! Thank you for your advice!
Yes its safe to cw with cornrows, you just remove them either once a week or every two weeks. I don't get build-up, just dilute the conditioner with some distilled water? si cw two times per week, sometimes daily http://public.fotki.com/den1/new_hair_journey_2005/cornrowsbox_braid_regime/stocking_cap_method/. To prevent build, i use a lemonaid clarifier treatment http://public.fotki.com/den1/new_hair_journey_2005/cornrowsbox_braid_regime/
pw:myhair

Goodluck

OnPoint

Thank den1! Just to let you know I am wearing my hair in cornrows right now!

Ladies just a little update on my situation. I took everyone's advice and I went shopping today. I spent almost $100.00, I know that it is pricey but I am really really desperate for the situation of my hair to change- This is what I bought
Nexxus- botanoil shampoo ( Big Salon bottle Size(1-2 lts)
Keraphix recontructor( Big Salon bottle size)
Emergencee ( about a 6 oz size)
humcetress condition (about a 12 oz bottle)

If these products work I will love you ladies for life ( although I already do) !!
Thank you! Thank you ! Thank you!

Mahalialee4

Contact Planet Organic in Alberta Canada. The Planet Organic stores carry Aubrey Organics. I will try to find their website and when I do I will post it. Bonjour