Texturizer Discussion

divya

After reading LHCF, I actually texturize my hair, not relax.

And all this time, I've been calling my process relaxer. My hair stylist applies the relaxer only to the roots/top and immediately rinses it out. Up until now, I've always thought that constituted a normal relaxer but obviously not. Learn something new every day....

So texturized ladies, would you please share your hair regimen?

How is your hair growth?

Are you going to stay texturized or go all natural?

Healthb4Length

Hey CUrrie! I've been texturized for about 2 years and I like the versatility it offers, straight or curly. I maintain my hair by alternating between protein and moisture treatments weekly. I do a lot of conditioner only washes also to keep my hair moist. I rarely wear my hair out, I usually put it in a bun and go! When I don't do buns I wear twistouts/braidouts, cornrows or braids. My growth have been pretty good, for now I'm going to keep doing the texturized thing. HTH.

divya

Alli77 said:
Hey CUrrie! I've been texturized for about 2 years and I like the versatility it offers, straight or curly. I maintain my hair by alternating between protein and moisture treatments weekly. I do a lot of conditioner only washes also to keep my hair moist. I rarely wear my hair out, I usually put it in a bun and go! When I don't do buns I wear twistouts/braidouts, cornrows or braids. My growth have been pretty good, for now I'm going to keep doing the texturized thing. HTH.

Agreed. It's very versatile.

Is a protein/moisture treatment the same as a deep conditioner? I deep condition with Organic Roots Hair Mayonnaise and Oil Mixture twice a week. The protective styles are the best. I am wearing my hair in a braid tucked under, but need to incorporate other styles.

Thanks for responding.

Healthb4Length

currygyal said:
Agreed. It's very versatile.

Is a protein/moisture treatment the same as a deep conditioner? I deep condition with Organic Roots Hair Mayonnaise and Oil Mixture twice a week. The protective styles are the best. I am wearing my hair in a braid tucked under, but need to incorporate other styles.

Thanks for responding.

A protein treatment strengthens your hair and can actually dry it out, that's why it's reccommended that you follow up with a light moisturizing conditioner (the one you put on for 3-5 minutes) to bring back moisture to hair. A conditioning or moisture treatment is as the name suggests, it makes your hair super moist and soft and detangled. A good example of this would be Elasta QP's DPR 11.

ORS mayonnaise is good and incorporating the oil in it is fine, you're basically killing 2 birds with one stone.

littleaudie

I texturize. Right now my hair is in a braided bun style (with extensions)
This will last about two weeks. My regimen has changed. For the past month I've been conditioner washing and using extra virgin olive oil mixed with the conditioner. Most of my styles are puffs. I've set my hair, but I prefer more curly/wavy styles. I'll continue to texturize. I'm happy with the results.
My current goal is just to achieve length

I self texturize. I use affirm fiberguard mild. I process one 1/2 of my head at a time. I leave it on between 7-10 mins.

Isis

currygyal said:

And all this time, I've been calling my process relaxer. My hair stylist applies the relaxer only to the roots/top and immediately rinses it out. Up until now, I've always thought that constituted a normal relaxer but obviously not. Learn something new every day....

How is your hair growth?

I apply relaxer (in sections) for 10 minutes before rinsing out. I also stretch for 13 weeks (sometimes longer), washing & deep conditioning 2 x each week and this works well for me.
I take it one day at a time, enjoying the journey. :)

Lucia

currygyal said:

How is your hair growth?

1st time I've heard of this, you only get the top part texturized and the bottom is natural? interesting... so do the 2 sections match up better after the texturizer?

Last edited:

Healthb4Length

I just got my Texturizer from Arosci today! I'm excited! I won't be doing the touch up until next week. I got the Lye texturizer, the Aromaphoric treatment-used to base the scalp and put on old texturized ends, and the aromaphoric intra conditioner. THis stuff smells really good and it's loaded with alot of essential/aroma oils.

caltron

I got a texturizer in January (the Wash and Wear relaxer. I got very mild processing and the look I have is very close to my natural hair (4a). I'm not unhappy with the results and my hair is healthy, but I won't be getting a retouch.

I thought the texturizer would give me that effortless wass and go curly look. I can wash and go, but it's not anything I could not do with my natural hair. Plus, I'm worried about overlapping, because it is so hard to tell the texturized hair from the relaxed hair. It's not that I'm unhappy with the process, because it did cut down on bulk and frizz somewhat (I think). It's just that the look is so close to my natural hair, I don't want to spend the money and risk damaging my hair when I could just learn to work with my natural hair.

I wear my hair mainly in puffs and sometimes twistouts. I wash my hair every morning and apply a leave in and gel to put it back in a pony puff. I do a deep condition once a week. Sometimes I wear twistouts. Occasionally I will just do a straight wash and go, but I get a lot of shrinkage in the hair around my nape area and it dries into a weird shape.

divya

Alli77 said:
A protein treatment strengthens your hair and can actually dry it out, that's why it's reccommended that you follow up with a light moisturizing conditioner (the one you put on for 3-5 minutes) to bring back moisture to hair. A conditioning or moisture treatment is as the name suggests, it makes your hair super moist and soft and detangled. A good example of this would be Elasta QP's DPR 11.

ORS mayonnaise is good and incorporating the oil in it is fine, you're basically killing 2 birds with one stone.

Totally forgot I even started this thread...lol.

Thanks, good to know. I've actually started using the Olive Oil Replenishing Pak now. It's works very well.

Last edited:

divya

littleaudie said:
I texturize. Right now my hair is in a braided bun style (with extensions)
This will last about two weeks. My regimen has changed. For the past month I've been conditioner washing and using extra virgin olive oil mixed with the conditioner. Most of my styles are puffs. I've set my hair, but I prefer more curly/wavy styles. I'll continue to texturize. I'm happy with the results.
My current goal is just to achieve length

I self texturize. I use affirm fiberguard mild. I process one 1/2 of my head at a time. I leave it on between 7-10 mins.

How is the progress going?

I might try the virgin olive oil as well. Does it leave your hair silky?

sareca

It's growing great. I had a couple of setbacks, but my hair seems to have recovered now. My regimen is in my signature.

divya

You hair looks very healthy. I am going to try the Amla oil and maybe a few other things from your regimen. Certain parts of my hair could really use some recovery.

Congrats on your progress!