Thangs don changed @ Carol's Daughter!!!

moonpower

I CAN SEE, SEE THE SUN..
Okay, I just did a reply to another thread raving about her shampoos..........
I ordered a bottle a few weeks ago and it was the same as always, no problem. I just got my new bottle today of the same shampoo ( Khoret Amen) and lo and behold, everythings different except the smell. It's very thick, which I thought was odd, her shampoos are thin because of the castille soap. I read the ingredients and the last two lines I swear are of some serious words!. I'm sure these are additions to prolong the shelf life. I'm going to give them a call in the morning to ask about this. I really hope I don't see a lot of changes in her hair products, I really like them...........oh well.
You can see a list of the ingredients on the Sephora website.......

Lucia

I just checked the ingredient list, the shampoos have Hydantoin DMDM in them. I haven't used them before but here's the ingredients. I highlighted the one that's ont the parabens/pthalates avoid list and I don't see castille soap on there either, the conditioners and oils/haircress still are paraben free, but i don't know the scientific name for it. They can't keep claiming to be paraben free if this is in their shampoo can they?

Lavender Extract, Rosemary Extract, Rosa Centifolia Flower Extract, Sage Leaf Extract, Nettle Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Delphinium Consolida Flower Extract, Clover Extract, Saponified Organic Oils Of Coconut, Olive And Jojoba, Organic Aloe Vera Water, Chondrus Crispus, Sodium Magnesium Silicate, Essential Oils Of Ylang-Ylang, Clary Sage, Bay Leaf, Cedarwood And Patchouli, PEG-150 Distearate, DMDM Hydantoin (and) Iodopropynyl, Butylcarbamate, Phenoxyethanol, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Tetradibutyl Pentaerithrityl.

Last edited:

Lucia

I just sent them an email asking them for info regarding why they're using this now? Maybe if they know there core customers won't stand for this they'll change the shampoo's back to the old formulas.

P

patient1

If at all possible I think she should offer two formulas (at the least). Perhaps a vegan or original version (without all the extras) and then the newer version for those who either don't care about those ingredients or are completely zonked into believing shampoo has to be thick.

also, i think the saponified portion of the ingredients may be longhand for castile soap. i could be wrong.

p1

*ElleB

Lucia said:
I just checked the ingredient list, the shampoos have Hydantoin DMDM in them. I haven't used them before but here's the ingredients. I highlighted the one that's ont the parabens/pthalates avoid list and I don't see castille soap on there either, the conditioners and oils/haircress still are paraben free, but i don't know the scientific name for it. They can't keep claiming to be paraben free if this is in their shampoo can they?

Lavender Extract, Rosemary Extract, Rosa Centifolia Flower Extract, Sage Leaf Extract, Nettle Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Delphinium Consolida Flower Extract, Clover Extract, Saponified Organic Oils Of Coconut, Olive And Jojoba, Organic Aloe Vera Water, Chondrus Crispus, Sodium Magnesium Silicate, Essential Oils Of Ylang-Ylang, Clary Sage, Bay Leaf, Cedarwood And Patchouli, PEG-150 Distearate, DMDM Hydantoin (and) Iodopropynyl, Butylcarbamate, Phenoxyethanol, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Tetradibutyl Pentaerithrityl.

Yup, I made a post about this the other day! When I saw those ingredients I was like :eek: ! I remembered she used to just put a note on the prods that let ppl know that there is a shelf life or what not....now that they are in Sephora, they added all this ish...most likely because it has to sit on the shelves longer....

Ppl who are her core customers should start a letter writing campaign protesting this!