THANK YOU LHCF! 2011 Year Reveal (PIC HEAVY)

KurlyNinja

I joined LHCF in March of 2010 when I decided I no longer wanted to relax my hair. This was my hair...

I'm SO glad I found LHCF otherwise I dont think I ever would have gone through with transitioning to my natural hair. WHICH I LOVE! I BC'd this past March after transitioning for a year.

LHCF has taught me SO much and today, I think I have finally reached my first major goal of APL! Here's a few pics of my flat iron process. I first put my hair in about 10 plaits with a dab of crisco on each. Then I took down each braid at a time and blew them out. Then I flat ironed on 400 degrees with my Sally's GVP flat iron. The Generic version of the CHI.

BlowOut

The Front

Side View

APL!!!!!

Oh and dont forget the swaaaaang!

Thanks for looking! And thanks LHCF for getting me this far. Now I know nothing is going to stop me from my ultimate goal of WL! :grin:

pookaloo83

I like the flat iron pics! Good progress! Did you use crisco to flatiron? I don't think you're APL yet though. Are you saying you're APL, or striving for APL?

KurlyNinja

I like the flat iron pics! Good progress! Did you use crisco to flatiron? I don't think you're APL yet though. Are you saying you're APL, or striving for APL?

I think I'm just grazing it by a hair. I'm going to give myself atleast until March to be real APL, but I've been waiting for this moment for almost 2 years so I'm claiming it by the hair. I know its silly, but I feel like I've come a loooong way. :lol: Plus my fatness moves my armpit around. :lachen: I need to lose weight. :perplexed

And yes. I used crisco. That stuff is amazing for flat iron jobs.

Janet'

Wonderful progress!!! :yep: :yep: :congrats: :congrats: You're definitely on the way to BSL! I remember when you BC'ed! Time flies...

Ijanei

Hey old transitioning buddy, your hair is doing great. wonderful progress. See you at WL:grin:

BostonMaria

Beautiful hair! I don't think you're APL yet, but I'm not hair police LOL Your hair looks beautiful and healthy. Congrats!!!