THANK YOU LHCF! 2011 Year Reveal (PIC HEAVY)

KurlyNinja

I joined LHCF in March of 2010 when I decided I no longer wanted to relax my hair. This was my hair...

SLtoAPL1-vi.jpg

I'm SO glad I found LHCF otherwise I dont think I ever would have gone through with transitioning to my natural hair. WHICH I LOVE! I BC'd this past March after transitioning for a year.

DSCN1123-vi.jpg

DSCN1125-vi.jpg

LHCF has taught me SO much and today, I think I have finally reached my first major goal of APL! Here's a few pics of my flat iron process. I first put my hair in about 10 plaits with a dab of crisco on each. Then I took down each braid at a time and blew them out. Then I flat ironed on 400 degrees with my Sally's GVP flat iron. The Generic version of the CHI.

BlowOut
DSCN1909-vi.jpg

DSCN1913-vi.jpg

The Front
DSCN1924-vi.jpg

DSCN1952-vi.jpg

DSCN1940-vi.jpg

Side View

DSCN1943-vi.jpg

APL!!!!!

RSCN1948-vi.jpg

Oh and dont forget the swaaaaang!
DSCN1925-vi.jpg

Thanks for looking! And thanks LHCF for getting me this far. Now I know nothing is going to stop me from my ultimate goal of WL! :grin:

I like the flat iron pics! Good progress! Did you use crisco to flatiron? I don't think you're APL yet though. Are you saying you're APL, or striving for APL?

I like the flat iron pics! Good progress! Did you use crisco to flatiron? I don't think you're APL yet though. Are you saying you're APL, or striving for APL?

I think I'm just grazing it by a hair. I'm going to give myself atleast until March to be real APL, but I've been waiting for this moment for almost 2 years so I'm claiming it by the hair. I know its silly, but I feel like I've come a loooong way. :lol: Plus my fatness moves my armpit around. :lachen: I need to lose weight. :perplexed

And yes. I used crisco. That stuff is amazing for flat iron jobs.

Wonderful progress!!! :yep: :yep: :congrats: :congrats: You're definitely on the way to BSL! I remember when you BC'ed! Time flies...

Hey old transitioning buddy, your hair is doing great. wonderful progress. See you at WL:grin:

Beautiful hair! I don't think you're APL yet, but I'm not hair police LOL Your hair looks beautiful and healthy. Congrats!!!

Back