THANKS LADIES...EASY TO DO BUN..

Wolftrap

Some have looked in my album and I received a few PM's on where to buy these scrunchies to use as a bun filler. Thanks you guys. I feel so special with the nice comments and PM's I received. So I just wanted to post it here in case anyone else wanted to know where you can get these scrunchies. I use a scrunchie made out of hair. I got mine from Sally's and you can usually get them anywhere what may be considered a "caucasian" BSS store. I have never seen them in the AA stores. I use this as a filler for my buns because it is so easy to put right over your ponytail and if your hair is not long enough to cover the hair scrunchie you can't really tell beause it blends in with your hair. Hope this helps others.

Wolftrap

Just to clarify cuz someone just asked me....Rember the scrunchie with hair is just a filler and you put your real hair over it. And be sure to get your same hair color so it will blend if there are any gaps.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
cool! thanks for posting because I need something to make my bun look bigger when I wear a bun as a hair style. The donut bun didnt work for me because my hair didnt cover it all the way and wasnt long enough anyway to go around it. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ChocoKitty

That looks good! I think I'm gonna try that this winter. /images/graemlins/wave.gif Thanks Wolftrap.

Whisper

I have two of these /images/graemlins/sekret.gif and never thought to wear it like this!! Great idea.. Thanks

ccd

That looks great! How are you doing the bun exactly? Are you placing the scrunchie as a ponytail holder then wrappin' your hair around it? I'm not getting how you made the bun...... /images/graemlins/wallbash.gif
ok I'm alittle out of it right now but still /images/graemlins/look.gif
TIA

Islandgirl

i wanted to get one of those hair scrunchie thingys. My boss from my summer internship, who has long hair, used one of these. She also purchased it at Sallys. She wore it in this cool style, where you would still see her hair, so it really blended in. She even took the thing out and showed me how she achieved the style. It was a clever protective style. I can't describe it, i wish i had a picture.

Wolftrap

[ QUOTE ]
That looks great! How are you doing the bun exactly? Are you placing the scrunchie as a ponytail holder then wrappin' your hair around it? I'm not getting how you made the bun...... /images/graemlins/wallbash.gif
ok I'm alittle out of it right now but still /images/graemlins/look.gif
TIA

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I should take step by step pictures but this is what I do

1. Put my hair in a ponytail usuing the holder of your choice...

2. Put the fake hair scrunchie over the ponytail pulling my real hair through the hole in the middle.

3. Pin the fake hair scrunchie if you need to, to your hair like at the scalp part.

4. Take your real hair that you pulled through the fake hair scrunchie and fan it out like in a circle and cover up the fake hair scrunchie by pulling your hair over it and tucking it under and secure with pins. The end result should look like a donut.

Hope this helps. If it is still too confusing let me know and I will post step by step pics on how to.

Nice

Wolftrap, you bun looks great. I will have to try to this /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

calbear

OMG that bun looks fabulous on you and you hated buns (shame on you). SEEEEEEEEEE /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Wolftrap

[ QUOTE ]
OMG that bun looks fabulous on you and you hated buns (shame on you). SEEEEEEEEEE /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the compliments ladies. Yes I was and still am anti-bun. I just hate buns but I want my hair to grow faster and I just trimmed about an inch off of my hair so I'm anxious for that to grow back quickly. If this will help me reach my goal faster then I'm gonna try it. But after that...trust me....No more buns. And I'm tired of my hubby calling me Miss Crabtree and asking me if I'm going to teach English class now. LOL

dreemssold

Thanks for those instructions, because I was sitting here like ccd was /images/graemlins/smile.gif. It looks very pretty! I am going to try this later today, because that darn Scunci Magic Bun has given me nothing but drama /images/graemlins/mad.gif.