hair accessories

daviine

I haven't seen my satin scrunchie around for a few days...so I'm like /images/graemlins/crazy.gif and not knowing what to do with my hair.

Anyways, what types of hair accessories do you use for your hair? For example, does anyone use hairagami? Even though I've heard of it, I saw it for the first time yesterday. Does anyone have any reviews on this?

Also what is so bad about using scrunchies to make my bun? Just wondering. Let me know becasue
1. I can;t find my scrunchie
2. I'm bored with my scrunchie anyway. /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

alireno

I use regular scrunchies. They look like satin but they are not. I have not had any problems with breakage. I just make sure that my hair is well moisturized and I only twist it around the hair twice so that it is fairly loose but still holds it.

ThursdayGirl

I like using a ficcare clip to pin my hair up....
I also use claws...
and as soon as my hair is long enough ... I will try a hairagami <smiles>.

I used to use scrunchies... but no more... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

sweetcocoa

I like to use 'Good Hair Days' hair pins and twist the back up like in this pic. This was posted a few weeks back by Londongirl3. This is quick and easy to do. You can also use clips.

ThursdayGirl

That's the same style I use /images/graemlins/smile.gif ... I just use a ficcare at the top to hold the hair.... I think I would like to try the hairpins though....

They do a good job of holding the hair? even kinda short hair?

daviine

Thanks...I'm checking it out now!!!!!

I wish I could get a tiara but where would I wear it to? LOL!!! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

ngaa

what is a hairagami? it sounds really cute /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ngaa /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

adrienne0914

what do you think of those beaded scrunchies? they're so cute to me. i want one to wear around my drawstring ponytail, but then i'd have to buy more stuff just to make shipping worthwhile... oh help and bother...

sweetcocoa

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
ThursdayGirl said:
That's the same style I use /images/graemlins/smile.gif ... I just use a ficcare at the top to hold the hair.... I think I would like to try the hairpins though....

They do a good job of holding the hair? even kinda short hair?

[/ QUOTE ]

I like them alot. Originally I used them when I wore a bun, but then I found out they are good even if your are just pulling the sides back. I twist the sides into cute tendrils then secure them in the back with one of these pins...sometimes twisting the pins around to give it more of a messy 'tossled' look. They are easier to handle than regular bobbby pins.

sweetcocoa

ThursdayFirl, here's a pic of the pins. Go back to the homepage and you'll see all kinds of accessories for updos. I found out about these from Allandra.

EmeraldSky

adrienne0914 said:
emeraldsky, thanks ALOT... i'm loving that second sight! LOL!

adrienne

[/ QUOTE ] <font color="purple"> No prob /images/graemlins/smile.gif I love the second site too, the bun holder is gorgeous and the decorated barettes (sp?) are so pretty. </font>

Allandra

sweetcocoa said:
ThursdayFirl, here's a pic of the pins. Go back to the homepage and you'll see all kinds of accessories for updos. I found out about these from Allandra.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sweetcocoa, /images/graemlins/wave.gif

You know I'm still loving these plastic pins. The last time I went to Sally Beauty Supply, I could not find the pack like I purchased before (like the picture you posted). This time, they had a pack containing ONLY 4 plastic pins and 2 side combs (remember those things?). Anyways, I didn't even bother purchasing them. I was so disappointed that I couldn't find the 'regular' pack. I'm going to continue searching though. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

canuck

ngaa,
from what i understand (and have seen) it looks like a kind of pipecleaner (flexible, thin, but smooth) that you can twist your hair around and form into strange shapes (like the number 8 and others). From what i have seen, it would work for wavy to straight at least shoulder length hair.

Sowwy, i have no links though, perhaps some one could help a sista out?

ThursdayGirl

A friend of mine used to use the hairigami to make her buns. She wasn't African-American so I don't know how it will do for our hair... but basically its like 2 of those snap braceletts connected by a piece of felt... (maybe?) you sandwich your hair between the "bracelettes" and wrap them under until you get to your head. Then snap... and it curls into a circle ...making a bun. It looked really easy... but my hair isn't long enough to try it yet.

I think I will try the good hair days pins...how do you make a bun with those? How long does your hair have to be?

-Thanks! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

henrilou

You know, I have seen those ficare clips--the metal ones--and I would be worried about it ripping my hair. Do they hav plastic ones?? I use a simple plastic clip (not claws, but sort of like a duck-bill thingy) and I bought 20 of them and have them all over. Because I try to keep the hair up so I can keep my length.

Paris Belle

I have so many accessories it's not even funny. The sad part is that I hardly use them... /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

When I was reading about that hairagami, I was thinking "what is that?" until you posted a link. Only to find out that I have a few of their products: the monkey fingers, part pizzaz, and hairagami (bun maker). /images/graemlins/blush.gif

I've only recently begun using the claws I bought years ago. And I use to have a nice big ficcare clip that I broke and never replaced. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

My problem is that I buy all of this stuff and never use them because I'm not that creative with my hair. I don't usually have the patience, and I'm not really an early morning person, so I never have time to do them.

I'm a mess.. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

One of my new challenges this year in addition to sticking with my regime, wearing protective styles more, will be to start using my accessories. /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

ThursdayGirl

the Ficcarre clips sold at Tenderheaded... have a coating to protect your hair. Mine is plastic though. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ngaa

thanx canuck and diviine for explainin the hairagami and it do look CUTE /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ngaa /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

Fine 4s

I just paid $94 for two Ficare hair clips. My heart is hurting.
I'be been trying to do styles like this and could never find the kind of clip that would work (besides the plastic bear claw).
Well...I hope I enjoy it.

Here is the style I am going for at some point....mark 11:12