THAT ONE THING THAT CHANGED YOUR HAIR

sareca

Moisturizing my braids using the C&G method. I would grow hair and as soon as the braids were out for a couple of weeks it would start breaking off.

Nice & Wavy

Oh my goodness...since going natural...my hair is growing like crazy and i don't have lots of hair coming out in the comb like I did when i was relaxed. My hair is thriving and I know that I will be at my goal (mid-back) in no time. Thank you to all the natural heads on this board that has helped me on my quest to have naturally, healthy long hair!

Ladyhenri

LHCF.

If i had to say a product or activity, i'd say henna. My hair strands are no longer fine...plus i actually now know what Elasticity means

MochaSilk

I can't pick just one thing. Stretching - even though it's my second time doing it, it's helped tremendously (going for 9 weeks this time). Pre-poo's are a sheer blessing. Frequent washings & finding that protein/moisture balance. Not combing dry hair, changing the way I comb my hair, moisturizing my ends.

Product-wise: Going back to Coconut Oil, discovering AMLA Oil & Sunsilk Black Shine.

All these made dramatic differences.

isioma85

Hmm. I would say it was a statement I read somewhere: "You should treat your hair like old fine lace. Because the longer it is, the older it is!" :think: I use this as my mantra in all my hair care.

Conditioning would be the major thing I do that has really helped my hair. I've probably used more conditioner in the past few months than I've used in my entire life before!

crlsweetie912

isioma85 said:
Hmm. I would say it was a statement I read somewhere: "You should treat your hair like old fine lace. Because the longer it is, the older it is!" :think: I use this as my mantra in all my hair care.

Conditioning would be the major thing I do that has really helped my hair. I've probably used more conditioner in the past few months than I've used in my entire life before!

WOW Isioma, this is really deep! Thanks for sharing.

ChasingBliss

Id say that ONE thing would be WATER. Water is behind and in front of everything I do. Spritzing and drinking...

darkflame213

no-poo routine. Shampoo really IS just a platform for 'them' (hair product producers) to sell very expensive conditioners, moisturizers, and treatments. No matter what I do to my hair, it never feels as bad as it did when I used shampoo. Even pool water and heat (not at the same time) are not as bad on my hair now that I don't use poo. I think I could perm and as long as I only used the neutralizing shampoo during touch ups my hair would continue to thrive.

XXXtacy

The vitamins have made a great difference in my hair, skin and overall health. Second would be the no-low manipulation.

Ambitious1013

itismehmmkay said:
Ambitious...you really need to go somewhere w/ that awesome progress..... :eek: !!!!!!!!

We're talking a little over a year and you're past your shoulders in hair!
Wow! :grin:

(btw...I have referenced you like a billion times in other threads... :lol: ...you're officially a hair hero)

Aww! Thank you so much!!! You are too sweet! :D

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
MTG and Surge made my hair stronger and relaxer resistant. My hair has never thrived like it has on any other product.