Have Your Goals Changed?

Yes, my goals have changed. When I first joined, I was texlaxed and SL. Now I'm APL and 8 months into my transition. I wanted to grow my hair out to BSL. Now, after looking at all these gorgeous heads of hair for the pasts few months, I want to grow to WL. Now, APL hair looks awwwwfully short to me.

I started out at EL and only wanted to be SL, but now that I've achieved that I want to be APL. I like to keep my goals small since I've never had hair longer than SL in my life.

Yes, my goals have changed. When I first joined, I was texlaxed and SL. Now I'm APL and 8 months into my transition. I wanted to grow my hair out to BSL. Now, after looking at all these gorgeous heads of hair for the pasts few months, I want to grow to WL. Now, APL hair looks awwwwfully short to me.

I understand how you feel! APL (esp. full) looks nice and long on everyone but me :perplexed. I don't feel like my hair is "long long" and I often protective style b/c I get frustrated and don't want to look at it. Man, I can't wait to reach BSL.

I wanted to be BSL stretched...and I'm here (give or take an inch on some layers). Somehow I thought BSL would be longer on me, so I want to be MBL stretched, with no layers

actually, I'm focusing more on health right now. I have BSL hair, but it's always dry so boo to me..healthy hair over length in '10

Yes, when I joined last February, WL seemed like a reasonable goal for me. Now, I just changed my goal to Tailbone length earlier this week but I think I really just want to grow it 'til it don't grow no more! We shall see.....:drunk:

Yep. It was initially APL but now it's MBL. If my hair didn't shrink up to forehead length I would be cool with APL but that's not the way it worked out.

Definitely. I started out with relaxed chin length hair and just wanted to be a full SL (a few inches from APL). I then decided to transition and my goal was natural BSL stretched. Now I'm going for broke and want natural WL stretched hair. I never would have imagined myself natural or WL before the boards.

Cool! Do you ever think about how you would manage it (wash in braids? wear your hair up more often?)

LOL, I think about what I'm gonna do with my MBL-HL hair all the time! :lachen:

I'm definitely going to be wearing it up most of the time, if for no other reason than updos will protect my hair from the crazies running around. I do plan on wearing it down a fair amount of time though...no point in having all that hair if I can't swang it every now and then. :grin:
But when I do wear it down, I'll rarely go silky straight. I'll wear more shrinkage-inducing styles, like knotouts, twistouts, and braidouts, in order to make the length more manageable.

And with washing, I'll have to adopt a simpler regimen. Washing in braids, using fewer steps, less rollersetting and more airdrying. I currently have quite a few steps and I know I won't be doing that when I have more hair. I actually believe that the correlation between simple regimens and long hair is backwards. Everyone says that "long-haired ladies have simple regimens, so simple regimens must be the way to get long hair". I think it's the other way around...that long-haired ladies tend towards simpler reggies because they have so much hair. And I think that they also tend to have their products down pat, because they've been doing the hair thing for longer, so their reggies are more straightforward.

I'm more interested in knowing what reggies took the long-haired ladies on LHCF from shorter lengths to their current length...I believe that would lend more insight to what is really conducive to retention and growth. I hope that made sense...it's late here and I should be sleeping. :ohwell:
For the record, I think big ones are low manipulation, low heat, and lots of protective styling.

My original goal was full BSL, but once I got to APL I quickly realized that BSL was not going to be long enough. I'm so fasinated with TBL. This is my ultimate goal, sometimes thinking about it can be a little overwhelming, so I think about settling for HL. But in my heart of hearts I'm a TBL girl all the way and I won't stop until I get there! Full TBL at that....

Originally I strived for WL but after seeing how it was hard for me to maintain MBL I think I'd just rather stay at a nice healthy even MBL.

Yeah when I first started I wanted long relaxed hair.

Now I'm natural (which is easier for me); I would like long naturally curly MBL hair.

At first I wanted BSL. I am almost there and my hair looks so short. Once I hit WL I will be happy but I'll still just let it grow from there. Tailbone would be pretty awesome.

Initially I wanted straighten WL hair, now realize I would prefer to show my length stretched not straighten.

So, MBL or WL braidout would be awesome.

I guess I am the opposite. I started out wanting MBL, but the closer my hair gets to APL and the healthier and thicker it gets, the more I lean towards BSL. I'll revisit this when I get to BSL.

I believe they did. As the begining of my journey i wanted to have healthy hair dont matter what lenght. Now, i want to reach APL by the end of the year of next year, and maybe in a far far future have bsl or so, i don't really like very very very long hair, APL is enough for me =)

Back