The bible is fulfilling and the world is ending

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
So should we even bother to have children at this point; knowing what we know?

:yep: Of course.

Jesus said: "Occupy til' I come".

I'm also reminded of the two men who were lepers and the who said, "Why sit we here til' we die?"

If we just sit and 'not live' then we will not live. We will only waste the beautiful moments of life in fear, doubt, and worry. What kind of quality of life is that, especially when we still do not know the time, the day or the hour when the 'end' will come?

God said, 'Choose Life'. Choose life by choosing to follow Him and His word and to live in the fullness of life. Jesus said that He came to give us life and to give it to us more abundantly. This means life here on earth as well as in eternity with Him.

So indeed, get married....have your babies...continue with your education (we still need knowledge to endure and to overcome the world - rebuke satan and undermine his exploits), and occupy the world ... enjoy this life, love and bring others to Him to know and to love Him, build and maintain Churches, raise our children to know and to love God... all of this and even more until Jesus comes. That's what He's commanded us to do. :love3:

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
^^^ powerful Word, and Amein to that. Thy Will be done on Earth, as it is in Heaven :yep:

Highly Favored8

:yep: Of course.

Jesus said: "Occupy til' I come".

I'm also reminded of the two men who were lepers and the who said, "Why sit we here til' we die?"

If we just sit and 'not live' then we will not live. We will only waste the beautiful moments of life in fear, doubt, and worry. What kind of quality of life is that, especially when we still do not know the time, the day or the hour when the 'end' will come?

God said, 'Choose Life'. Choose life by choosing to follow Him and His word and to live in the fullness of life. Jesus said that He came to give us life and to give it to us more abundantly. This means life here on earth as well as in eternity with Him.

So indeed, get married....have your babies...continue with your education (we still need knowledge to endure and to overcome the world - rebuke satan and undermine his exploits), and occupy the world ... enjoy this life, love and bring others to Him to know and to love Him, build and maintain Churches, raise our children to know and to love God... all of this and even more until Jesus comes. That's what He's commanded us to do. :love3:

Amen and Amen!!!

Shimmie

Staff member

Why do so many laugh at this little girl? I've seen this often in other threads. :nono:

I think she's adorable with the one of the most warm and caring hearts. It's apparent that there 'may' be a developmental issue with her, but it's not by any doing of her own.

I'll be honest, God says that a 'child' shall lead them' and she does in many ways exhibit the mind and innocence of a child. :love3:

Regarding her message about the floods.....

Hmmmmmmm ....

Folks laughed at 'Noah' ... and we all know what happened to them.

:drowning:

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Why do so many laugh at this little girl? I've seen this often in other threads. :nono:

I think she's adorable with the one of the most warm and caring hearts. It's apparent that there 'may' be a developmental issue with her, but it's not by any doing of her own.

I'll be honest, God says that a 'child' shall lead them' and she does in many ways exhibit the mind and innocence of a child. :love3:

Regarding her message about the floods.....

Hmmmmmmm ....

Folks laughed at 'Noah' ... and we all know what happened to them.

:drowning:

^^^ You fell for it! :grin: I knew you would have something to say about it! Lighten up. Post some more of those good ol' smileys... :blowkiss::bighug::love2::infatuated::love4::yep:

Poohbear

Women preachers/pastors as a sign of the end time?

I read this article that said that certain dispensationalists began to interpret women's leadership as an evil sign of the end times, identifying such women with the whore of Babylon.

makeupgirl

I read this article that said that certain dispensationalists began to interpret women's leadership as an evil sign of the end times, identifying such women with the whore of Babylon.

This is interesting. Research, I go.

SND411

A True Soldier Never Dies

How disgusting! What is so bad about women that we cannot use our God's given gifts to preach the Word of God? Men have NOT demonstrated that they can handle the pulpit as a whole. How many male pastors have led congregations astray, molested children, made the church look bad? The world is desperate right now. We don't need to discourage people from preaching the Word of God, to people who have not heard the Gospel, just because they don't have a penis.

Last edited:

SND411

We should continue to live our lives like we normally do. We don't know when Jesus will return, it can be today, tomorrow and maybe even in the next 10 years. We just don't know. The Lord wants us to be on pin and needles before Jesus returns because he wants us to be right for heaven, but he also wants us to enjoy our lives.

How can we pretend everything is normal /just enjoy our lives when we know millions, if not billions of people STILL have not heard the Gospel?

Poohbear

This is interesting. Research, I go.

How disgusting! What is so bad about women that we cannot use our God's given gifts to preach the Word of God? Men have NOT demonstrated that they can handle the pulpit as a whole. How male pastors have led congregations astray, molested children, made the church look bad?The world is desperate right now. We don't need to discourage people from preaching the Word of God, to people who have not heard the Gospel, just because they don't have a penis.

This verse is commonly used to support women preachers as a sign of end times:

Revelation 2:20 (KJV)

20 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.

They also use these verses that have been posted earlier in this thread:

Matthew 24:11,24 (KJV)

11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Check out these sites too:

http://www.albatrus.org/english/living/kingdom/kingdom_vs_women_preachers.htm

http://www.endtimemessage.info/womenpreachers.htm

http://www.libertygospeltracts.com/question/prequest/womprech.htm

http://www.christianjournal.org/signs-of-the-times-women-preachers.html

Last edited:

SND411

This verse is commonly used to support women preachers as a sign of end times:

Revelation 2:20 (KJV)

20 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.

Christ is talking about A WOMAN named Jezebel, not women in general. Christ calls out a lot of male leaders but you don't see people implying men shouldn't be leaders.

Plus, many theologians see this "Jezebel" as representing the apostate church and not a literal, actual human woman.

SND411

24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Where does it say women here? Men could fit the bill here too. Yet people aren't complaining about male pastors.

SND411

Honestly, if women pastors are signs that the world is going amok, there is something wrong with such a ridiculous belief.

Poohbear

Where does it say women here?

It doesn't say women anywhere in these verses... there's just some preachers/ministers (especially Southern Baptist) who put women preachers/pastors in the category of false prophets.

SND411

It doesn't say women anywhere in these verses... there's just some preachers/ministers (especially Southern Baptist) who put women preachers/pastors in the category of false prophets.

And if these women happen to preach sound doctrine, how are they false?

Poohbear

Christ is talking about A WOMAN named Jezebel, not women in general. Christ calls out a lot of male leaders but you don't see people implying men shouldn't be leaders.

Plus, many theologians see this "Jezebel" as representing the apostate church and not a literal, actual human woman.

You're probably right.

It just goes to show you how many people use verses in the bible out of context to fit their opinions and agendas.

Poohbear

And if these women happen to preach sound doctrine, how are they false?

According to some sexist men, just being a mere woman that preaches classifies them as a false prophet. :ohwell:

I don't understand it either. It's commonly taught in the Southern Baptist denomination.

To me, a false prophet is someone who claims to be a speaker or messenger for God but they are really speaking for the wrong "god", or they claim to have heard from the true God but do not accurately represent Him or His words. They speak out of their own human hearts, but more likely, the "god" they are speaking for is really a demon. They also will not hold the moral line that God requires. A false prophet is also someone who foretells something that fails to come to pass.

SND411

Honestly, I understand that people believe that men should occupy the position of leadership/pastor. But what has this generally done for the past two thousand years of Christian history but oppress women; making them feel unloved and unsafe in a place that should be their refuge? Many male leaders abuse their power and seek to become pastors not to serve but to be served, and this is pervasive worldwide. We are in a period of time that is spiritually very critical. If a woman is able-bodied, has the resources, the heart, soul, and Godly given wisdom, why not use this time to preach? Wondering whether someone without a penis should preach or not shouldn't even be a question at this point.

SND411

According to some sexist men, just being a mere woman that preaches classifies them as a false prophet. :ohwell:

I don't understand it either. It's commonly taught in the Southern Baptist denomination.

To me, a false prophet is someone who claims to be a speaker or messenger for God but they are really speaking for the wrong "god", or they claim to have heard from the true God but do not accurately represent Him or His words. They speak out of their own human hearts, but more likely, the "god" they are speaking for is really a demon. They also will not hold the moral line that God requires. A false prophet is also someone who foretells something that fails to come to pass.

The Christian faith is filled with the male voice and perspective. Most of the characters in the Bible are men. The angels are men. God is described and seen as male. Jesus came down as a man. The 12 disciples were all men. Most of the Bible is written by men; therefore contains the male point of view for the most part.

Why is it so wrong for Christian men to hear the woman's voice for once? To hear her preach truth? Aren't we both made in the image of God? Cannot God speak through whomever he wishes? He has spoken through women before and continues to do so. Men just have to learn to be humble and listen sometimes.

Poohbear

The Christian faith is filled with the male voice and perspective. Most of the characters in the Bible are men. The angels are men. God is described and seen as male. Jesus came down as a man. The 12 disciples were all men. Most of the Bible is written by men; therefore contains the male point of view for the most part.
Yep. And these facts are used against the idea of women preaching as well.

Why is it so wrong for Christian men to hear the woman's voice for once? To hear her preach truth? Aren't we both made in the image of God? Cannot God speak through whomever he wishes? He has spoken through women before and continues to do so. Men just have to learn to be humble and listen sometimes.
I would like to know this too. Alot of people just keep saying "because the bible says no." But there's got to be more to it.

SND411

People bring up that God likes "order." Just look at Christian history. Does it look like the church had order? No! It was mostly male leaders who argued with one another and caused the church to become so fragmented today.

blazingthru

The Whore of Babylon

Is not a person, Prophecy is cloak in hidden meaning so that we would study and search out the truth. Seek and ye shall find . A Woman in prophecy is the Church, Babylon has several meanings one that is important is Babel?
Many religions are not from God or blessed by God and so its babel.
This is very difficult to explain for many folks because some have their hearts and soul bind up in their religion and even though in their hearts there is something about it that doesn't' seem right to them they stay for whatever reasons. My sister is Methodist has always been. Wouldn't think of being anything else even though she doesn't' agree with the teachings. I could never commit to anything because the teachings were not compared to what I read in scripture and I didn't' understand it. So I left. Revelations clearly say who the Whore of Babylon is. Its a church. A Mother Church, Protestant Churches are her children, if you look at the creeds in the (protestant) hymn book you can clearly see its a child of the Mother Church.
Here is an article its very long and would take up many pages, Please read and read Revelations 17 there are only two churches the bible speaks about in the end times. The true Church and the False Church. The important question is where are we in that and if we are not teaching others the "truth" and we are still fumbling trying to find the truth ourselves well there must be a change. Especially now when times is so short. this is not intended to offend anyone, Reading the scriptures alone and viewing which church does what including past history and whats happening now will show you the False Church. I will add, the church I go to receives a lot of criticism and viewed as too strict, but you know I researched it long before I stepped in the door and I studied it when I did and look for anything that did not agree with the scriptures long before I decided to join. We as Christians are to exam everything. Even now if the pastor was to speak a new thing I am out of there. I am hoping and praying that someone learns a new thing and change, its a huge step of faith but its worth it in the end. I took a huge step of faith and let me tell you it was huge and I am better for it.
http://www.mother-of-harlots.com I am praying for this forum, we need all the prayer we can get.

Shimmie

Staff member
:clap:

Plainly put...that's the bottom line. :yep:

I absolutely LOVE this worship song. I've been listening to it for the past few days on the train to and from work. It is so beautiful.

Alvin Slaughter is a powerful Minister of Worship in Music and in Speaking God's Word.

I imagine dressing in all white full and flowing garments and flowing the beauty of this music in pure Worship in Dance unto the Lord.

Just pure Worship in Dance, flowing all in white. Praising God with the gift He's blessed me with. :rosebud: