The Body Shop hair products

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
Has anyone ever tried hair products from The Body Shop? Today, I went to the mall and wandered into The Body Shop, one of my favorite stores. I remember reading in a magazine and online about their shampoos and conditioners. I bought the sample sized versions of their Honey Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner for $3.50 a piece. I also bought the full size Brazil Nut Moisture Mask for like $12.50. The ingredients in the products are somewhat impressive, and the smells are nice also. I will try the Brazil Nut Moisture Mask today and the Honey Moisturizing Shampoo & Conditioner on Friday. I'll be back with results :)

ETA: If you don't want to buy the full version of some products, they'll give you samples (especially with the Brazil Nut Moisture Mask).

ETA again: I just noticed that this is a pre-poo treatment. Since it's a pre-poo, I will pre-poo with this now and shampoo/condition with the Honey stuff.

ETA again2: I just realized that I don't feel like doing my hair tonight, lol. I'll wash it on Friday. I don't wanna manipulate my hair too much since I'm transitioning. Combing my newgrowth and underprocessed hair in the back of my head is becoming too much already.

Last edited:

Ebonygurl00

Do these products have cones in them? I shouldn't be buying anything else, but if there aren't any cones....

caribeandiva

Human being
i read about them in that book: don't go hair product shopping without me. they're suppose to be really good. so far i haven't tried them just the body lotions.

mkstar826

supersonic
i've used the honey shampoo & condioner and the brazil nut mask. they are OK products. nothing extraordinary but not horrible either. i liked the honey conditioner. it was moisturizing and it smells really good. the shampoo didn't impress me and the brazil nut mask worked at first and then kind went average on me. if i'm going high end i'd rather have Aveda. But I love TBS's body stuff :D

ETA: ebonygurl - they do have cones.

Lavendar

I tried the shampoo and conditioner on my relaxed hair and ended up with a matted mess. My hair was rough, like it had been clarified, and was so tangly. That could just be my very fine hair, though. Never again!

Ebonygurl00

mkstar826 said:
i've used the honey shampoo & condioner and the brazil nut mask. they are OK products. nothing extraordinary but not horrible either. i liked the honey conditioner. it was moisturizing and it smells really good. the shampoo didn't impress me and the brazil nut mask worked at first and then kind went average on me. if i'm going high end i'd rather have Aveda. But I love TBS's body stuff :D

ETA: ebonygurl - they do have cones.

Thanks! I'm kinda relieved that they have cones, because that means I can't spend money on them.:lol:

LadyJ76

Lavendar said:
I tried the shampoo and conditioner on my relaxed hair and ended up with a matted mess. My hair was rough, like it had been clarified, and was so tangly. That could just be my very fine hair, though. Never again!

I had the same experience. Tangled hair and it was dry to boot. My hair is fine too though (4a.)

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
goldensensation said:
I've never tried the hair products, but it was rumored that they and aveda are sister companies.
Not really. Estée Lauder bought Aveda and was doing well with it, so L'Oreal bought out The Body Shop this year to compete. Linking with socially-conscious businesses is the in thing for companies these days.

KathyMay

I used both the Honey conditioner and brazil nut moisture mask from the Body Shop. My hair loves these products better than some of CD's products. I add in one of my 50 million oils in there to give my hair extra slip.

MizaniMami

goldensensation said:
I've never tried the hair products, but it was rumored that they and aveda are sister companies.

I was gonna say this. I might give them a try one day.

But they don't have enough cones for me. And I NEED them.:cool:

babyanjel

I never even knew they sold hair stuff....I just make a b-line for my body butters...I think I may try something from their line.

JD's Mom

TSUprincess04 said:
Has anyone ever tried hair products from The Body Shop? Today, I went to the mall and wandered into The Body Shop, one of my favorite stores. I remember reading in a magazine and online about their shampoos and conditioners. I bought the sample sized versions of their Honey Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner for $3.50 a piece. I also bought the full size Brazil Nut Moisture Mask for like $12.50. The ingredients in the products are somewhat impressive, and the smells are nice also. I will try the Brazil Nut Moisture Mask today and the Honey Moisturizing Shampoo & Conditioner on Friday. I'll be back with results :)

ETA: If you don't want to buy the full version of some products, they'll give you samples (especially with the Brazil Nut Moisture Mask).

ETA again: I just noticed that this is a pre-poo treatment. Since it's a pre-poo, I will pre-poo with this now and shampoo/condition with the Honey stuff.

ETA again2: I just realized that I don't feel like doing my hair tonight, lol. I'll wash it on Friday. I don't wanna manipulate my hair too much since I'm transitioning. Combing my newgrowth and underprocessed hair in the back of my head is becoming too much already.

So TSU, how did you like the products? Please post a review. Thanks!

Blessedhairgro

I've used the brazil nut moisture mask and the honey conditioner. That mask made my hair hard. It's a pre-poo treatment and my hair is kind of fine and deep conditioning with the honey conditioner afterwards didn't make my hair any softer. I have to use them seperately and add oils to them so they are more moisturizing. they smell really good though.

fattyfatfat

I used the Honey Moisturizing Shampoo this Friday and I really like it. My hair had a very nice shine afterwards, and shampoo's rarely make my hair shine. I'll have to get my SO to get me the conditioner too.

ccd

goldensensation said:

they definitely are sister companies

churchie

I've tried the honey shampoo and condtioner ITA smells great but made my hair a dry tangled mess. Worked a little better only after I added olive oil and honey to the conditioner, so what's the use, I can do that to any other product. I'll stick with their body butters.

Ebonygurl00

MizaniMami said:
I was gonna say this. I might give them a try one day.

But they don't have enough cones for me. And I NEED them.:cool:

Not enough cones, eh...I'm trying out the ORS Pack right now, so if it works for me, I'll try The Body Shop stuff. The ORS has cones, and I'm starting to re-evaluate my products to see if I can use cones moderately....

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
lol, oops, I forgot all about updating my results. Well, let's just say that I was NOT at all impressed with the products, and I returned all 3 of them that very next day to get my money back.

Tee

Thanks for the update. :)

TSUprincess04 said:
lol, oops, I forgot all about updating my results. Well, let's just say that I was NOT at all impressed with the products, and I returned all 3 of them that very next day to get my money back.

aminata

The only hair care products from the body shop that I like are:

Brazil Nut pre shampoo conditioner
Amlika leave in conditioner
Honey shampoo

I've tried the honey condish, and the olive oil condish, and one of their defrizzing styling products--I will not buy those again.

As a side note I love their other products for face and body. I also love the home fragrance line.