The BUY NOTHING for May 2008 Challenge

PassionFruit

the title speaks for itself...

in order to cure ourselves of PJism, we gotta take baby steps.... One month at a time...

I KNOW Im not the only person with enough stuff stored to run a small in-house BSS...

Im also rebelling against this stimulus check scam....

that said, Will anyone join me in NOT BUYING ANY HAIR CARE RELATED PRODUCTS for the month of May 2008??

not a cheapie conditioner.....

not a hair clip from the clearance aisle.....

no matter WHAT is on sale Where.....

This is the BUY NOTHING for May 2008 Challenge..... It begins Thursday May 1, 2008 and ends Saturday May 31, 2008

C'mon ladies... WE CAN DO IT!!!

the title speaks for itself...

in order to cure ourselves of PJism, we gotta take baby steps.... One month at a time...

I KNOW Im not the only person with enough stuff stored to run a small in-house BSS...

Im also rebelling against this stimulus check scam....

that said, Will anyone join me in NOT BUYING ANY HAIR CARE RELATED PRODUCTS for the month of May 2008??

not a cheapie conditioner.....

not a hair clip from the clearance aisle.....

no matter WHAT is on sale Where.....

This is the BUY NOTHING for May 2008 Challenge..... It begins Thursday May 1, 2008 and ends Saturday May 31, 2008

C'mon ladies... WE CAN DO IT!!!

why do you go around...asking for the impossible?

are you proposing a 12 step progam with meetings?

a support buddy?

I'll need phone numbers of people I can call when I get that midnight itch to go to Walgreen's and by their newest hairdini. :look:

I already know I cannot do this, so I'm out. LOL

ETA: If I can go on a shopping spree tomorrow then maybe I can last a month. Does that count?

why do you go around...asking for the impossible?

are you proposing a 12 step progam with meetings?

a support buddy?

I'll need phone numbers of people I can call when I get that midnight itch to go to Walgreen's and by their newest hairdini. :look:

I already know I cannot do this, so I'm out. LOL

ETA: If I can go on a shopping spree tomorrow then maybe I can last a month. Does that count?

rofl @ one last binge before rehab....

its NOT IMPOSSIBLE... think about ALL of the UNused stuff ya got.... it SURELY can get ya thru 4 short weeks...

Having buddies is advisable....

We can support each other too... it wont be easy for me... I will probably walk past a Korean BSS and get the shakes... but Im determined!!

rofl @ one last binge before rehab....

its NOT IMPOSSIBLE... think about ALL of the UNused stuff ya got.... it SURELY can get ya thru 4 short weeks...

Are the 4 weeks in may particularly shorter than the ones in January through April, because if not...I'm in trouble. :look:

hey, i can quite anytime i want... i just don't want to! :blush: :look: :lachen:

*whoa there are 5 weekends in May... no way i can do that! okay wait a minute. are we still allowed to buy staples? cuz as long as you mean no buying new stuff i'm in. but if i go thru V05 condish like water... :lachen:

Last edited:
Ummm why can't we do this in Feb. that only has 28days. I can't even make it 1 wk without buying something new or restocking:lachen:

Passionfruit...Thank you, I needed to hear this. I need this message straight with no chaser! :ohwell:
I DON"T NEED ANYMORE PRODUCTS :sad:
.....whispering to self as she leaves for lunch and her daily visit to the BSS...

Ok, what if I buy something for my skin but "accidentally" get some on my hair. :ohwell:

you're a mess.... I actually do use my Shikakai bar on my face.... I somehow think you will have a hard time with this challenge... How about you aim for a week, the 1st week of the month and we go from there.....

you're a mess.... I actually do use my Shikakai bar on my face.... I somehow think you will have a hard time with this challenge... How about you aim for a week, the 1st week of the month and we go from there.....

okay! I can do a week. Let me put my game face on (starting may 2). i do have to buy some small stuff when i get to monterey cause i don't wanna pack bottles of liquid so i have to deal with a spill from the plane ride.

This made my heart skip a beat just reading it. What If I run out of conditioner....?:nono: Those other 20 conditioners I have dont work as well as my new one.

This made my heart skip a beat just reading it. What If I run out of conditioner....?:nono: Those other 20 conditioners I have dont work as well as my new one.

Then you better stock up. I should really be joining this challenge but...I don't like to fail <----yeah that's my story and I'm sticking to it..:look:

ETA: I'll Join....I'll make all of my purchases today...:look:

oh me, oh my......This could be the ultimate test for me...for real!! :perplexed

I've already joined 3 challenges in a week...and I really wasn't supposed to join another. :look:

At the same time, my pocketbook would thank me. :ohwell:

**thinking**

5.gif

10.gif

I'll join.
I'll just buy and order everything by tomorrow! I already made my list!! :lol: Fed Ex and UPS is gonna be like WTH?! LOLOL!!!

Oh boy. I'm breathing all hard now, just thinking about NOT buying anything for a month!!
imma need some strength!! help! :ohwell:

oh me, oh my......This could be the ultimate test for me...for real!! :perplexed

I've already joined 3 challenges in a week...and I really wasn't supposed to join another. :look:

At the same time, my pocketbook would thank me. :ohwell:

**thinking**

5.gif

10.gif

I'll join.
I'll just buy and order everything by tomorrow! I already made my list!! :lol: Fed Ex and UPS is gonna be like WTH?! LOLOL!!!

Oh boy. I'm breathing all hard now, just thinking about NOT buying anything for a month!!
imma need some strength!! help! :ohwell:

okay...I guess I mean business!
I decided to add my first ticker to my signature---just to remind myself! I guess this is my self-imposed Step Three to Pj recovery.

Step One was actually opening this thread and two was signing up.
I'm still breathing hard.
:blush:

Those of you who think this will be hard, may need it the most. I started a personal buy nothing challenge in june of 06. I am still attempting to use up products that I have.:ohwell: I had way too much stuff.

Last edited:
I am so in!! Today I'm going to buy some hair trimming shears and then on Thursday it'll be on--or off:look:--I won't be buying anything else! Besides, since I joined the Nail Fanatics that's where all my money has been going.

i'm in!!!

i just need to stock up before the 1st :lachen:

just kidding. i need to use up everything i have. this will be good for me :yep:

I have one purchase to make myself... I want some Mizani perm... JC penney didnt have any today so I gotta get it tomorrow elsewhere... Im planning on perming my hair mid-May

then Im buying NOTHING for a month

I will commit to this challenge...thanks to intervention from mastercard and visa. They are forcing me to do this. The customer service rep said I must have hair down to my butt because I purchase alot of beauty products. :ohwell: No where near that! I NEED A New Flat Iron ASAP! I withdraw...June is better for me. I will add a week in June to equal to 30 days.

Last edited:
I'm in.... but why am I getting the shakes already?:perplexed
I'm gonna try, but I cant say that I wont relapse...

Wow, I think God is trying to tell me something. I think I really needed hear (see) this message. OK I am in (my wallet AND husband thank you:grin:). So this means I have to get everything I need by tomorrow:Devil::Devil::Devil:

im in
i already have:
3 deep conditioners
14 co wash conditioners
7 leave in conditioners
2 jbco
1 keracare oil
1 keracare creme hair dress
4 CON shampoos

Back