The Buy Nothin for JULY 2008 Challenge

OMGAWDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I dont believe I may have to break this challenge over a freaking COMB

I work at night and often do my cowash here... or liek tonight, I put a DC in at home when I showered, came to work and planned to rinse, flat twist & rock a twist-out in the morning

in my desk is my beauty emergency kit ( extra panties, tampons, lipstick, deodorant, toothbrush, toothpaste, etc) where I USUALLY keep a comb... my COMB isnt here!!!

There is a 24 hr CVS down the street and unless I want to wear this do-rag home in the morning ( not to mention Id hate for the day time folks to see me looking like this) I need to go buy a freaking comb

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Here I am, except for Desert essence coconut oil hand and body moistruzer :look: Trust me it's not because it smells so good, it's because I run out of the lotion :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I almost fell off. I picked up a bottle of Giovanni 50/50 shampoo to buy forgetting that I was on this challenge. Well...my SO paid for it so it doesn't count.....:grin:

Wait so if I would have gotten someone else to buy my stuff I could have still been in? Aww man, why didn't I think of that?:wallbash:

OMGAWDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I dont believe I may have to break this challenge over a freaking COMB

I work at night and often do my cowash here... or liek tonight, I put a DC in at home when I showered, came to work and planned to rinse, flat twist & rock a twist-out in the morning

in my desk is my beauty emergency kit ( extra panties, tampons, lipstick, deodorant, toothbrush, toothpaste, etc) where I USUALLY keep a comb... my COMB isnt here!!!

There is a 24 hr CVS down the street and unless I want to wear this do-rag home in the morning ( not to mention Id hate for the day time folks to see me looking like this) I need to go buy a freaking comb

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Can you fingercomb???

This might be the longest month ever :sad:
I want some Redken Real Control badly. I knew I should've ordered it before this challenge started but I thought I was strong enough to wait.

I got busy at work last night & never made it to the store... and why come Im STILL sitting here with the plastic cap on my hair... gonna rinse it out and go back to sleep in a bit

:lol: :woot: Means you are still on track, though!!! Don't forget to grab a comb to replace it - do you think someone took it out your drawer? That's just nasty! :nono:

:lol: :woot: Means you are still on track, though!!! Don't forget to grab a comb to replace it - do you think someone took it out your drawer? That's just nasty! :nono:

nawwww I probably stuck it in whatever purse I wore the last time I co-washed at work...my brush & cheapie conditioner and HE LTR leave in was all there plus the rest of my personal goodies... Im cleaning combs & brushes at home this weekend and will stick 1 in my purse when I go back to work after the weekend

nawwww I probably stuck it in whatever purse I wore the last time I co-washed at work...my brush & cheapie conditioner and HE LTR leave in was all there plus the rest of my personal goodies... Im cleaning combs & brushes at home this weekend and will stick 1 in my purse when I go back to work after the weekend

Ah, okay, okay - that's a relief. :lol: I remember somebody got jacked for some hair stuff at work, before. :nono:

I can't imagine taking someone elses hair stuff to use - esp. if I didn't know the person well. I wear a scarf when trying on hats!!

OK, Ladies, I'm on the edge. I have some products I just got to order. I found them all at Amazon.com but I didn't use the one-click option instead I put them in my shopping cart. We then took off for a few hours. What is the first thing I did when I got home- run to the computer.

I am on the edge! I am on the edge....slipping....slipping.... <50 sit ups, can I do 50 sit ups....?>

OK, Ladies, I'm on the edge. I have some products I just got to order. I found them all at Amazon.com but I didn't use the one-click option instead I put them in my shopping cart. We then took off for a few hours. What is the first thing I did when I got home- run to the computer.

I am on the edge! I am on the edge....slipping....slipping.... <50 sit ups, can I do 50 sit ups....?>

Just wait!!! They'll be in your cart at the end of the month - and you might find a coupon/they'll be on sale, then!!!

Just wait!!! They'll be in your cart at the end of the month - and you might find a coupon/they'll be on sale, then!!!

Just wait!!! They'll be in your cart at the end of the month - and you might find a coupon/they'll be on sale, then!!![/quote]

:lachen::lachen::lachen:oooh I like that JK, nice touch honey. You sure you're not in sales.

:lol: No, I'm just good at talking myself out of spending money. ;)

OK, I held on or off (whichever). Besides, as I keep reading threads on curl definition for 4a's, more products are listed. So I am glad I didn't hit that buy with one click button. One person swears this works great, another says it is awful, still another says try this one & someone else swears it is awful. Soooo... that'll give me time to use what I have, honor the challenge, and save some bucks.

JK, you & Aggie are both good sales folks. Thanks

<But those conditioners that were mentioned....well....everyone swears they are good....hmmmmm.......>

OK, I held on or off (whichever). Besides, as I keep reading threads on curl definition for 4a's, more products are listed. So I am glad I didn't hit that buy with one click button. One person swears this works great, another says it is awful, still another says try this one & someone else swears it is awful. Soooo... that'll give me time to use what I have, honor the challenge, and save some bucks.

JK, you & Aggie are both good sales folks. Thanks

<But those conditioners that were mentioned....well....everyone swears they are good....hmmmmm.......>

Thanks hun and you're welcomed. I mean we are here as a support system for each other, right:yep:?

I survived another trip to the store. I was sitting in my car talking to myself, convincing myself that I was a grown woman who could walk in a store and not buy hair products. So when I got to the drug store, the first thing I did was walk over to the hair care aisle, pick up a bunch of stuff. Dang, I saw stuff you guys are always mentioning that's suppose to be great, new and improved stuff, stuff I didn't know they make. I walked & walked, back & forth, back & forth. Then I put everything back, got my glucosamine & left.

I then headed to Target (thinking I haven't really perused their hair care aisles) to actually look at their hair care products, having decided that I was just gonna do 50 sit ups. But as I struggled to read the tiny labels (even with my glasses these labels are getting harder & harder to read the older I get), I got a hold of myself & walked away.

I swear July will never end.:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

I survived another trip to the store. I was sitting in my car talking to myself, convincing myself that I was a grown woman who could walk in a store and not buy hair products. So when I got to the drug store, the first thing I did was walk over to the hair care aisle, pick up a bunch of stuff. Dang, I saw stuff you guys are always mentioning that's suppose to be great, new and improved stuff, stuff I didn't know they make. I walked & walked, back & forth, back & forth. Then I put everything back, got my glucosamine & left.

I then headed to Target (thinking I haven't really perused their hair care aisles) to actually look at their hair care products, having decided that I was just gonna do 50 sit ups. But as I struggled to read the tiny labels (even with my glasses these labels are getting harder & harder to read the older I get), I got a hold of myself & walked away.

I swear July will never end.:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Oh Rhaps, I know exactly how you feel. I've been eyeing that WEN thread forever, did a ggogle search and luckily found it on amazon.com and I don't have to commit to that 90 day auto order. I filled up my wish list with stuff and just stared at them for a long time. Then if that wasn't enough, Shimmie sent me a link for more natural sulfate free products at komazacare.com.

I am definitely entertaining more natural hair care approach for my future hair care as soon as I work my way out of these commercial hair products. The brands I am nost interested in are Giovanni, Nature's Gate, Aubrey Organics, komazacare, castile soaps, Abba, Shescentit, oh and WEN. I will try to narrow that list down to just 5 brands, I'll see.

I'm only in the planning stages of my natural haircare journey for now. By next year for sure, I will start to get some of them. I may try sampling first to see which brands my hair likes most, then go for larger items from there:yep:.

PLEASE NOTE: I am not about to give up MT anytime soon:grin:.

Last edited:
Oh Rhaps, I know exactly how you feel. I've been eyeing that WEN thread forever, did a ggogle search and luckily found it on amazon.com and I don't have to commit to that 90 day auto order. I filled up my wish list with stuff and just stared at them for a long time. Then if that wasn't enough, Shimmie sent me a link for more natural sulfate free products at komazacare.com.

I am definitely entertaining more hair care approach for my future hair care as soon as I work my way out of these commercial hair products. The brands I am nost interested in are Giovanni, Nature's Gate, Aubrey Organics, komazacare, castile soaps, Abba, Shescentit, oh and WEN. I will try to narrow that list down to just 5 brands, I'll see.

I'm only in the planning stages of my natural haircare journey for now. By next year for sure, I will start to get some of them. I may try sampling first to see which brands my hair likes most, then go for larger items from there:yep:.

PLEASE NOTE: I am not about to give up MT anytime soon:grin:.

Aggie, I am trying to go more natural, too when I use up my stash. So when I was in Target I had Castile soap (trying to remember SamJ's shampoo recipe using Castile soap), Giovanni, & Nature's Gate in my hands. I also saw the note from Shimmie & I bookmarked komazacare's website. Lady, we got it bad.

Aggie, I am trying to go more natural, too when I use up my stash. So when I was in Target I had Castile soap (trying to remember SamJ's shampoo recipe using Castile soap), Giovanni, & Nature's Gate in my hands. I also saw the note from Shimmie & I bookmarked komazacare's website. Lady, we got it bad.

I know honey, I know:nono:.

I still haven't bought anything. I'm keeping my products simple -- After this challenge, I will only buy a couple of products regularly -- CON Shampoo, Aphogee/Emergencee, Henna, Profectiv Healthy Ends, Mango Butter and any conditioner until I find one that I can't live w/out. Right now I need Mango Butter but I'll purchase it in August.

:woot:

My list this month is short.

I need more Elasta QP.

I'm debating grabbing the cone-free conditioner list, and having a little exploratory fun, but I dunno.

I'm debating getting some JBCO.

And that's about it.

This is soooooo hard!!! I already have a list of what I want to get at the end of the month: the Quemet Sampler pack, Cantu leave in, more hair accessories (its all your fault mwedzi!!!)...:lick: But I am going to try and hold off until the end of the month...:perplexed

I've also decided to get the Miss Jessie's sampler, Lock and Twist Gel, and Kinky Curly Custard also (August is shaping up to be a month of wash and go experimentations with new products, and practicing twists in preparation for colder weather). One more week to go! I was sooo tempted this weeked to go into a BSS...but I just walked right past it and let out the breath that I was holding in out at the corner :yep:

Back