The Covid-19 Thread: News, Preparation Tips, Etc

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.

Evolving78

We might not have needed the vaccine to last longer than 6 months if everybody would have worn their masks and stayed out of each others faces.

That would have been too much like right.
I agree. They were so quick to get rid of the mask mandate, knowing people were opposed of getting the vaccine and knowing there was a major variant spreading across the world. All of this just to get the kids back in school to get the economy going again… teachers need to realize that they are public daycare workers that just so happen to teach a few things.

dancinstallion

We are in Utah and NOBODY and I mean NOBODY has on a mask. They are looking at us crazy for wearing masks. Everyone can tell we dont live here cuz its like we didnt get the memo. I only see most employees at restaurants masks on but none of the guests had any on. none of the employes nor the guests at the hotel. This is a huge hotel and not one has one on. In walmart only one employee had one on. :nono:.
We've been to two major cities and it must be a state thing because nobody is wearing masks.

My kids felt they needed to take their masks off in the class at the university because when we walked in one of the administrators confirmed we dont have to wear masks. On the website it says masks may be required but in reality no one is wearing one.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I agree. They were so quick to get rid of the mask mandate, knowing people were opposed of getting the vaccine and knowing there was a major variant spreading across the world. All of this just to get the kids back in school to get the economy going again… teachers need to realize that they are public daycare workers that just so happen to teach a few things.

I'm waited with bated breath to see what's going to happen next month and September when children go back to school. Many facilities are going back to majority in person learning with more than 50% student capacity. Middle schools and high schools may be okay since children over 12 can get vaccinated but what about elementary and preschoolers? Even if the faculty is vaccinated, kids can still get it from each other or give it to their parents. Then we're back at square one with the school closures.

Crackers Phinn

The mask mandates were at best only half observed/enforced in most of the country and the unvaxxed #'s have hit a stalemate. At this point, short of extreme Marshall law like China where people were forced to stay at home for 30 days with an exception of getting groceries once a week by appointment, there's no way to truly stop the spread in the states. It sucks, it really does but because people won't do right and Trump :censored: up by politicizing the virus and masks, now we're all forced to work with the degenerate side of human nature that put us all in this predicament instead of railing against it.

The population will be split in two parts. Masked and distancing and freeballers. Vaxxed or unvaxxed, the #1 danger that the M&D crowd faces is exposure to children and working with the public. I'm talking about true M&D'ers not these "I wear my mask under my nose or chin as a decoration" fools neither. The freeballers are going to get what they get.

I would put money on that the overwhelming majority of vaxxed covid cases are people who haven't worn a mask since their second shot and gotta be up in every face they come across. I'd guesstimate the rest of these cases are split between kids bringing the virus home and people who work with the public.

Evolving78

I'm waited with bated breath to see what's going to happen next month and September when children go back to school. Many facilities are going back to majority in person learning with more than 50% student capacity. Middle schools and high schools may be okay since children over 12 can get vaccinated but what about elementary and preschoolers? Even if the faculty is vaccinated, kids can still get it from each other or give it to their parents. Then we're back at square one with the school closures.
That’s one of the many reasons why I am homeschooling my youngest child.

Crackers Phinn

If we could say the word starting with B for Jon Snow, 9K times in the Game of Thrones threads, I'm assuming it's ok here.

sunshinebeautiful

I'm curious to see what's going to happen here too. And that's IF they close school again. I just really have a feeling, especially in my state, that that ain't happening.

sunshinebeautiful

He took off his mask. Then he and his wife caught covid. Then they brought it home to their kids.

Whew, lawd, the video embedded in the article about the man who declined to get the vaccine, then got covid, spending 4 months in the hospital and needing a double lung transplant :nono:

Crackers Phinn

He took off his mask. Then he and his wife caught covid. Then they brought it home to their kids.

Maynnnn, his wife probably been contemplating divorce since the first Covid tickle in her throat happened. I see so many couples out where the man isn't wearing a mask but the woman is and I'm like "if he gets it she's getting it. What are ya'll doing?"

Sidenote: The way people have approached wearing masks in the pandemic has cleared up all the questions I had about people who swear up and down they always use birth control, specifically condoms and still ended up pregnant or with an STD. People really think they can use things any old kind of way or whenever they think about or whenever it's convenient and ain't go be no mishaps in protecting themselves from the things they don't want. Everytime I see a dude with his nose sticking out of a mask, I know with every fiber of my being that he puts condoms on wrong. Condom be hanging off one testicle during sex and that dude will be the first one hollering about "what you mean you pregnant?".

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
Maynnnn, his wife probably been contemplating divorce since the first Covid tickle in her throat happened. I see so many couples out where the man isn't wearing a mask but the woman is and I'm like "if he gets it she's getting it. What are ya'll doing?"

Sidenote: The way people have approached wearing masks in the pandemic has cleared up all the questions I had about people who swear up and down they always use birth control, specifically condoms and still ended up pregnant or with an STD. People really think they can use things any old kind of way or whenever they think about or whenever it's convenient and ain't go be no mishaps in protecting themselves from the things they don't want. Everytime I see a dude with his nose sticking out of a mask, I know with every fiber of my being that he puts condoms on wrong. Condom be hanging off one testicle during sex and that dude will be the first one hollering about "what you mean you pregnant?".

Semi funny story: Because I work at a FQHC, we are required to keep records of known communicable disease for at least 2 years. Our STD nurse is very thorough and actually has records going back 7 years. From April - June 2020, we saw the lowest number of STDs we'd had in 4 years. My personal theory; cheaters had to make some choices and some chose known clean stability for once in there life. Everything was shut down, closing early, or short stocked. So there was no reason to be making that 10PM milk run to Walmart (which of course was a booty call). And since 'he ain't going nowhere' and she knew it, I'm sure there were no condoms to be found. The main reason our clinic didn't have an increased pregnancy rate is because we were seeing birth control consults almost exclusively.

Within 2 weeks of phase 3 opening, our +STD rate shot up. I mean like, 4-5 people testing positive daily. When asked about treating partners (we can call in a prescription if they know who the person is :look:), we kept hearing "I don't know how this happened. Everything was cool until they got called back to work". No sis, he got called to his other GF house and her other BF was burning. Both of you need to come in and get your shot and some condoms. I know they are going to stay in the bag until they expire, but I have to do my due diligence and at least give them to you simpletons.

Crackers Phinn

Catt Sadler is urging people not to "let your guard down" after she contracted COVID-19 while fully vaccinated against the virus.
The entertainment reporter, 46, said she contracted COVID-19 after caring for an unvaccinated person with the virus whom they initially thought just had the flu.
"I assumed I would be fine," Sadler wrote on Instagram. "Well I'm not."

Covid is everywhere but you thought with every nook and cranny of the peanut rattling in your head that the unvaccinated sick person just had the flu when flu season hasn't started yet?

Melaninme

Catt Sadler is urging people not to "let your guard down" after she contracted COVID-19 while fully vaccinated against the virus.
The entertainment reporter, 46, said she contracted COVID-19 after caring for an unvaccinated person with the virus whom they initially thought just had the flu.
"I assumed I would be fine," Sadler wrote on Instagram. "Well I'm not."

Covid is everywhere but you thought with every nook and cranny of the peanut rattling in your head that the unvaccinated sick person just had the flu when flu season hasn't started yet?
Remember now, CDC states that vaccinated people do not need to social distance, nor does one need to wear a mask. Vaccinated people can go back to the life one had prior to the pandemic. She's only doing what CDC says that she can do.

Per CDC's web page:

I'm side eyeing CDC hard!

Their page needs to be updated STAT!!!

ETA: You're right though. She should have known that it wasn't the flu. But again, she thought nothing would happen to her regardless of what the sick person had. I'm sure she thought that if she was protected against the covid, what harm could/would a little old flu do to her.

Last edited:

Crackers Phinn

Remember now, CDC states that vaccinated people do not need to social distance, nor does one need to wear a mask. Vaccinated people can go back to the life one had prior to the pandemic. She's only doing what CDC says that she can do.

Per CDC's web page:

I'm side eyeing CDC hard!

Their page needs to be updated STAT!!!
No ma'am, the CDC did not tell her to put herself in direct contact with someone showing signs flu like symptoms in the virus apocalypse. It feels like decades ago but I remember the time before the pandemic and I recall people staying away from other sick people, especially during flu season, so they wouldn't get sick too.

I'm still stuck on the logic of thinking it was the flu before flu season when there's just so much Covid to go around.
I cannot.

HappyAtLast

Simplicity & Peacefulness

:giggle: everytime I see someone half wearing their mask it reminds me of this meme. Not trying to get banned!
Screenshot_20210713-215552_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

naturalgyrl5199

They are trying their best to protect people but its not a socially distanced situation so nah for me anyways. I'm preparing for fall.

naturalgyrl5199

Ion know how many times I gotta say vaccines aren't shields are cures.
Anyone who thought they heard the CDC say you'd be cured ain't paying attention.
We been saying a solid 6 months+ that vaccines are no more than 95% effective. Some are as low as 84%. So of the millions already vaccinated (I think we are over 100M, you got 16M who can still get infected).

I see dozens of articles here, SM and elsewhere of 1 or 2 people here, 10-20 people here who were vaccinated and still infected. Some have died.

Nobody said it wouldn't happen.
Nobody said it wouldn't happen.
Nobody, not even the CDC expected every vaccinated person to not be infected. We saw COVID survivors being re-infected in 2020---so OF COURSE the vaccinated could and would see infections in that group.

The vaccines are just here to slow down the tide. DASSIT.
That's what they told ya'll over 6 months ago. The hospitals were overrun and they want to slow it down.

Yet, all of this to the T, was predicted.

The only thing that couldn't be predicted is that a TRASH ADMIN would seriously *** it up and upturn 100 year old science based on simple principles. The human body hasn't evolved into something else in 103 years since the last pandemic. The same rules of a pandemic apply. SITCHOASSDOWN and socially distance. Hygiene, and mask up. Period.

dancinstallion

They are trying their best to protect people but its not a socially distanced situation so nah for me anyways. I'm preparing for fall.

Ha, NCL needs to follow the law or take their business elsewhere, it is as simple as that.