THE END OF THE WORLD IS...OCTOBER 21 2011(?)

BlackHairDiva

i saw one of "End of the World" RVs driving around Boston and a car with some bumper stickers today. I didn't think it would be so visible a few months ago yet in the past couple of weeks it really has been discussed quite often in media outlets. I'll admit on December 31, 1999 I was a bit scared because of all the Y2K stuff but I was still a teenager. Now, I just feel bad for those folks who quit their jobs and gave away their LIFE SAVINGS :nono: I'm looking forward to hearing the explanation on the 22nd. I sense that because this movement was much larger than the 1994 failed prediction there will be greater backlash. I just hope people don't do anything crazy like the Jim Jones folks and drink any special koolaid.

You know something similar happened in 1999. When there was the big Y2K rumor going around. Well, there was a cult in Europe , more precisely in france who sold all of their beleogning and beleive that the end of the world would come. They all collectively killed themselves. :nono: Now y'all know what happened december 31st 1999 we all had a new year even and 2000 rolled in.

I think there are numerous people spending like crazy because so many retailers are pulling the don't pay until december 31 2012. People are going to wake up in mad debt!

Guitarhero

LOL. Lucky him, I figured he'd get off easy. Hope he can rent an apt. without any savings come May 22.b He might have to borrow some money from one of us "pagans.":lachen:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
LOL. Lucky him, I figured he'd get off easy. Hope he can rent an apt. without any savings come May 22.b He might have to borrow some money from one of us "pagans.":lachen:

Girl.... :lol: Now you know dat ain't right... :lol:

It IS something to think about. But Guitar, I wouldn't doubt that he has a 'stash' hidden some place. You know? 'Just in case'. And this is indeed a 'case'. :yep:

Guitarhero

Girl.... :lol: Now you know dat ain't right... :lol:

It IS something to think about. But Guitar, I wouldn't doubt that he has a 'stash' hidden some place. You know? 'Just in case'. And this is indeed a 'case'. :yep:

LOL! My daughter told me today that the buses were for "believers." I thought it was just an advertising ploy. What, he expect heaven's highway to come to earth and they just drive up there or something? :lachen: All this nonsense reminds me of Marie, my dear friend in Puerto Rico. We would go to the movies every Friday. One evening, the music came on, the curtains went up, the lights went off...and nothing. They all came back on. It happened twice. She said loudly, "the big build-up for the big let-down." I cried tears :lachen::lachen: