The Girl on the Kay Jewelers Commercial

FluffyRed

I don't know who she is, but her scalp is hidden in every shot of her myspace album.

That is too much to be just random coincidence.

Probably fake hair.

msa

Her hair is beautiful. I do think some of it is hers, but not all of it. It looked like the top part and the bottom part didn't match and was super heavy in the commercial. It actually looked kind of a mess in because of the weird way it moved and how heavy it was...that's usually a sign of added hair.

And, like choppybob said, her scalp is covered all the time. I've seen hair similar to that in the BSS before so it could be fake.

I think at the very least she's added some tracks/pieces in there.

ladylibra

^^^first thing i thought when i saw that commercial: "why does her hair have 2 distinct layers that don't match at all?" :lol:

msa

^^^first thing i thought when i saw that commercial: "why does her hair have 2 distinct layers that don't match at all?" :lol:

Me too. :lachen:

That bottom section was like a full 4-5 inches longer. And just a little too uniform. I don't know why they did that. If it wasn't for that I would not have questioned her hair at all.

Msstarr718

Im gonna go with no. She's got different lengths going on and the edges dont look quite right.. But maybe its just me lol...

mscocoface

I am pretty good at spotting weaves, but I know the ladies on here are experts extraordinairs in this area, so I wanted to get your feedback. Also, if anyone could tell me what type of hair is that?

Thanks. As usual you ladies always come through.

I hope Angelique does well with whatever she does in life and mean no disrespect or negative comments to her at all. I just wanted to know if anyone knew about her hair.

asummertyme

I am pretty good at spotting weaves, but I know the ladies on here are experts extraordinairs in this area, so I wanted to get your feedback. Also, if anyone could tell me what type of hair is that?

Thanks. As usual you ladies always come through.

I hope Angelique does well with whatever she does in life and mean no disrespect or negative comments to her at all. I just wanted to know if anyone knew about her hair.
yeah, it is a nice afro texture tho...i would sport it...make one of those quick weaves for a winter hide ur hair...:yep:

JustKiya

I don't think it's hers, because of the horrifying layers she has in the back (and this is JUST from seeing the Kay commercial).
Let me rephrase.
I don't think all of the length is hers - if any of it is hers, it's about shoulder/apl length, and the hair longer is weave/tracks - and if it is actually all her, she should seriously be suing (or considering suing) whoever the last person was who cut her hair.

I'll check the other videos tonight and see if I change my mind any.

I'm thrilled to see LONG natural hair in a commercial though - that's the fabulous part, weave or no.

:look: *sigh* And that weave is still too loose to pass for my hair. Hrmph.

1QTPie

Elder Sim
I think it's an afro textured weave that's probably cut into long layers. But when it's wash n wear or braided, the layers don't quite look right.

I only say it's a weave because if how it's styled on the top and combed back over the hair. AND that part is another color and texture than the "weave" hair.

Also, the hair is stiff, it sticks out awkwardly, natural/real hair doesn't to that.

MrsQueeny

Me too. :lachen:

That bottom section was like a full 4-5 inches longer. And just a little too uniform. I don't know why they did that. If it wasn't for that I would not have questioned her hair at all.

Me three. :lol: We are always focused on the hair!!! Q

Ediese

Hmm...maybe you could email her on youtube to find out. Let us know what texture it is if you find out. I don't think she'd mind. I emailed someone before, and they were so gracious and gave me a lot of info about their makeup techniques/

curlcomplexity

formerly qtslim83
It was a weave, I just saw that same commercial yesterday. I have a hair magazine with the same girl in it, with the same hair. It was a weave in the mag too.

Those HAM layers were ridiculous! :lachen: I'm glad that I wasn't the only one checking out the hair, that's the only thing that stuck in my mind about the commercial!

Last edited:

Spidergul

It was a weave, I just saw that same commercial yesterday. I have a hair magazine with the same girl in it, with the same hair. It was a weave in the mag too.

Those HAM layers were ridiculous! :lachen: I'm glad that I wasn't the only one checking out the hair, that's the only thing that stuck in my mind about the commercial!

Me too. They just can't seem to get it right with BW in commercials. Either we are fat w/no hair or plaits or skinny and too much damn weave.:nono:

msa

Did they say what kind of hair it was?

Her hair was the only thing I could remember too. I didn't even know it was a Kay Jewlers commercial til I saw the thread on Np.

ghanja

lol, it is weird that the top of her head is chopped off in every pic. With her being a model and all it makes no sense. But now I feel like a hater. so I think her hair is beautiful either way. I cant tell so props to her ;). Her hair kind of reminds me of the style that Tyra gave to Bre on ANTM

kriolagirl

i randomly met her thru mutual friends a while ago in nyc...she does have nice hair but when i met her her hair was totally diff then this commercial(she had in wavy/curly extensions). she also is one of the hair models for modu wigs. it looks to me like they blended bohyme brazilian wave or some comparable texture to fill in/give length for the commercial. when i wore brazilian wave this summer it looked like that before i had someone cut/shape it.

Qualitee

I thought her hair looked a hot mess :look: everytime I see the commercial I lol @ her :look: It looks way better in her shows! Its her hair!