The Girl on the Kay Jewelers Commercial

titan

I like her texture. It is nice to see African american women on televison showing their natural texture, That may be a weave, or she may have a lot of layers cut into her hair, I'm no weaveolgist.

curlcomplexity

formerly qtslim83
Did they say what kind of hair it was?

Her hair was the only thing I could remember too. I didn't even know it was a Kay Jewlers commercial til I saw the thread on Np.

If I'm not mistaken, it was Indian hair. I'll try to find the magazine in my room and let you know.

Geminigirl

FAKE in the one link that asummer put up her edges aren't blended in very well. they look straight and damaged..that's what I got from looking at the videos. Plus I agree it's real stiff and doesn't move like real hair.

Stepiphanie

As soon as I saw the commercial I knew it was fake! It doesn't look bad but it could have been less stiff. One of my fave weaves I had was with a similar hair,and the stylist did a great job to make it look real.

MissRissa

It was a weave, I just saw that same commercial yesterday. I have a hair magazine with the same girl in it, with the same hair. It was a weave in the mag too.

Those HAM layers were ridiculous! :lachen: I'm glad that I wasn't the only one checking out the hair, that's the only thing that stuck in my mind about the commercial!

yeah me too. but err umm, it actually pissed me off, solely cause it looks a HAM. im like yall give some natural hair some shine time and it looks like that though? if that bottom layer wasn't there, i'd be hot.

Mook's hair

I new that This thread would be up here in a matter of days. As soon as me & my hubby saw that commercial...even he turned to me and said....Is that all hers?

I don't think so. Especially after seeing that you tube link, the texture in that vid was way different weave hair than that in the commercial.

And then there's the HAM layers.

shae101s

Im gonna go with no. She's got different lengths going on and the edges dont look quite right.. But maybe its just me lol...

I agree, and after looking at a lot of her pics, and the videos, something seems quite odd, the hairline doesn't follow the hair itself..I'd say maybe her hair is like neck length and the rest is straight weaves! I saw pics of her hair straight and curly and it was the same weird hairline thing going on.