The Nature of Rattlesnakes

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
I really enjoyed reading this..just sharing.

Written by Mary Whelchel
Monday, January 2, 2012

A listener shared a fairy tale with me that I think teaches a very important lesson. Let me share that story with you.

A young girl was walking through the woods one day when she almost stepped on a snake. She pulled back in horror, but to her amazement, the snake cried out to her, "Oh, I'm so glad you came along. I'm so cold and need a friend. Will you please pick me up and put me under your coat so I can get warm, and will you be my friend?"

In fear, the girl replied, "Oh, no, I can't possibly do that. You're a rattlesnake and I can't pick you up."

"No," the rattlesnake answered, "that's not true. I promise I won't bite you. I really want to be your friend, and after all, am I not a creature of God's, just like you? I'm so cold; please pick me up."

The girl sat down to think it over. As she looked at the snake, it became more beautiful to her with its many colors. She noticed its graceful lines and movement, and gradually it began to look harmless to her.

She thought, "Well, just because most rattlesnakes bite doesn't mean this one will. It seems like a very nice snake, and shouldn't I be willing to be a friend when someone asks me?"

So, she said, "Yes, I will be your friend," and she picked up the snake and put it under her warm coat. Immediately the snake bit her, and the pain and poison flooded her body. She cried out in pain, "Why did you do that? Why did you bite me? You said you wanted to be my friend."

As the snake wiggled away from her, it turned and with a smirk, said, "Hey, you knew what I was when you picked me up."

It's a fairy tale; snakes don't talk. But there's a most important lesson for us in that simple story. How easy it is for us to rationalize away the dangers that we know exist when something looks attractive to us. How easily we are deceived into lowering our standards and going down the wrong path because our human reasoning tells us it will be all right. We get ourselves into rattlesnake country and allow ourselves to be deceived so easily.

Last edited:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
I was wondering what that was that bit me ... :blush:

Laela, I'm serious. How many times have 'we' been tricked into trusting the wrong source KNOWING it was wrong. I even 'dated' a snake and found out before it was too late; I was 'saved' by God's mercy and grace.

You've shared a powerful message here Laela Rose :Rose: P.O.W.E.R.F.U.L !

Thank God for you, for sharing a such a Word on time.

LoveisYou

So very powerful!!! Describe exactly what happened when I went astray, it all looked fun and exciting at first, but thank God for his saving grace.

BEAUTYU2U

That makes total sense. I have gone against my instinct like this before rationalizing that there's good in everyone, maybe I'm being judgmental, etc. I love this story.

Sent from my VM670 using VM670

Rainbow Dash

Been there, done it. God gives us warning, we must listen. This is not to be suspicious of everyone but to guard your spirit, heart, and soul. I have had to cut off a so called Christian. She was and still is messy, loves to keep division going, turns the best of friends against one another so that she can get in, and she does all of this in the church. I cut it off.

I struggled with my decision, thinking, but i'm supposed to be loving and accepting. But I must guard myself from the enemy that comes through people too.:yep: My life is better for it.

Laela

Written by Mary Whelchel
January 3, 2012

I remember talking with a lovely woman who had allowed herself to be deceived into a sexual relationship with a man. He had treated her kindly, and at that point in her life she was very vulnerable to kind treatment. It felt good. Then, when he invited her to spend a weekend with him and sent the airline tickets, it seemed exciting and flattering to her. She chose to ignore the obvious dangers that lay in following this path.

She never intended for the relationship to become immoral; she thought they could simply enjoy a weekend together-alone. But she had picked up a rattlesnake, though, of course, she wanted to believe it was a harmless friendly animal. But it wouldn't take an expert to know that she was playing with a rattlesnake. The signs were obvious; she chose to ignore them because at the time it appealed to her. But later on she had to deal with the pain and the poison that were the aftermath of that relationship.

Well, I'm sure we've all done things that we really knew were taking us into dangerous territory, playing with rattlesnakes, but it looked so inviting at the time that we chose to ignore the obvious, and then we had to deal with the poison which infected us as a result. I surely have, and I can tell you that rattlesnakes never change their nature. If it looks like a rattlesnake, acts like a rattlesnake, talks like a rattlesnake-you can count on it, it will bite like a rattlesnake, with no respect for persons, no exceptions.

In Proverbs 4 we read, "Let your eyes look straight ahead, fix your gaze directly before you. Make level paths for your feet and take only ways that are firm. Do not swerve to the right or the left; keep your foot from evil." And in Proverbs 14, "There is a way that seems right to man but in the end it leads to death."

It's really important that we don't allow deceptive allurements to get us off what we know to be the right path. The writer of Proverbs encourages us to just keep looking straight ahead, don't even let your eyes wander off the right way. Don't take even a little detour to the right or the left, because once you do, you're in rattlesnake country.

Shimmie

Staff member
Laela Rose...

You share some powerful messages. I love reading these. :yep:

I remember the other story about the two friends where one became hurt and offended because the other was too busy to pacify her.

We never found out how that one 'ended' ...

Cliff hanger, but I sure loved looking forward to each day reading each new post of yours.

Thanks for enriching our hearts and minds with the love of God. :hug2:

Shimmie

Staff member
Written by Mary Whelchel
January 3, 2012

I remember talking with a lovely woman who had allowed herself to be deceived into a sexual relationship with a man. He had treated her kindly, and at that point in her life she was very vulnerable to kind treatment. It felt good. Then, when he invited her to spend a weekend with him and sent the airline tickets, it seemed exciting and flattering to her. She chose to ignore the obvious dangers that lay in following this path.

She never intended for the relationship to become immoral; she thought they could simply enjoy a weekend together-alone. But she had picked up a rattlesnake, though, of course, she wanted to believe it was a harmless friendly animal. But it wouldn't take an expert to know that she was playing with a rattlesnake. The signs were obvious; she chose to ignore them because at the time it appealed to her. But later on she had to deal with the pain and the poison that were the aftermath of that relationship.

Well, I'm sure we've all done things that we really knew were taking us into dangerous territory, playing with rattlesnakes, but it looked so inviting at the time that we chose to ignore the obvious, and then we had to deal with the poison which infected us as a result. I surely have, and I can tell you that rattlesnakes never change their nature. If it looks like a rattlesnake, acts like a rattlesnake, talks like a rattlesnake-you can count on it, it will bite like a rattlesnake, with no respect for persons, no exceptions.

In Proverbs 4 we read, "Let your eyes look straight ahead, fix your gaze directly before you. Make level paths for your feet and take only ways that are firm. Do not swerve to the right or the left; keep your foot from evil." And in Proverbs 14, "There is a way that seems right to man but in the end it leads to death."

It's really important that we don't allow deceptive allurements to get us off what we know to be the right path. The writer of Proverbs encourages us to just keep looking straight ahead, don't even let your eyes wander off the right way. Don't take even a little detour to the right or the left, because once you do, you're in rattlesnake country.

I was 'there' with this 'rattle snakes' cousin. :yep: God delivered me before I got the tickets for the plane... my entire itinerery was changed. [speaking proverbally).

Laela

Hey there, Big Sis Shimmie, I'm hopping on/off the site the last few days but yeah... I really enjoy Mary Welchel's messages. Some of them really get me to see Living Word in our daily lives, which I miss sometimes..powerful stuff. ITA!

Hugz~ to you !
:bighug:

@Laela Rose...

You share some powerful messages. I love reading these. :yep:

I remember the other story about the two friends where one became hurt and offended because the other was too busy to pacify her.

We never found out how that one 'ended' ...

Cliff hanger, but I sure loved looking forward to each day reading each new post of yours.

Thanks for enriching our hearts and minds with the love of God. :hug2:

Laela

Written by Mary Whelchel
January 4, 2012

I told the fairy tale about the girl who was deceived into picking up a rattlesnake. I want to point out how this poor girl managed to allow this snake to deceive her.

The first mistake she made was to talk to that snake-right? When you see a rattlesnake, there's really no need for a discussion. You know their nature, you know it's not going to change, so you don't stop and talk; you run away as fast as you can.

Jesus said if your hand offends you cut it off, if your eye offends you pluck it out, if your foot offends you, get rid of it. That sounds very drastic, doesn't it? Jesus is definitely trying to make a strong point with us, and that is, it's better to be minus a foot or a hand or an eye than it is to allow ourselves to be caught in sin and led into wrong paths.

I think it is at the initial stages that we make our most serious mistakes. Early on in the process of temptation, when first we are confronted with that rattlesnake, we have the opportunity to get away from it. But so often we make the mistake of thinking we can play around with it just a little bit, never intending to pick it up.

That's where our problems start. When you see a rattlesnake, remind yourself that there is no safe territory with this thing. The Bible says that when we think we're standing, we're most likely to fall. When you find yourself thinking, "I can handle this," or "I'll just go so far and no further," then you know you're talking to that rattlesnake. Don't allow the temptation to go any further. As soon as you see it, run.

In 1 Corinthians 10:13 we read: "No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it."

When you encounter a rattlesnake, you can be certain there is a way out. If you'll move fast, God has provided a way of escape. The problem is that all too often we are attracted by that rattlesnake and hang around too long, and then the trap door is shut, and we've missed the way of escape.

Shimmie

Staff member
Laela Rose :love2:

I'm a little 'teary-eyed' reading this :yep: . Not because I'm sad, but because these messages 'hit home' with me so truly.

I cannot help but think back to the rattle snakes who 'hid' their rattlers under their 'coats', yet God knew that they were hidden and still protected me from them.

I been in so many situations in life where I did not 'see' the rattler, but the 'snake' did indeed show his big teeth. :grin: He was licking his chops :lick: waiting to get a bit out of me...

But God ..... Oh But God! He came to my rescue and pulled the teeth out from under the snakes and shook the rattles out of their rattlers. Psalm 18.

Oh But God! Who hid me in the cleft of every rock from the 'snakes' who lay waiting to poison my walk with the Lord.

Praise God for His undying love for us. Praise God for His unfailing protection. Praise God for putting the snakes under our feet. For He said in that we would trample them, in Jesus' Name. Even Paul, shook one off and it went flying into the fire and burned.

Snakes don't rule ... unless we let them.

I LOVE these messages. I can't wait unless you post more.

Thanks so much again Laela Rose... Love and favour to you and hubbie. :love3:

Laela

Job 41

1 [a]“Can you pull in Leviathan with a fishhook
or tie down its tongue with a rope?
2 Can you put a cord through its nose
or pierce its jaw with a hook?
3 Will it keep begging you for mercy?
Will it speak to you with gentle words?
4 Will it make an agreement with you
for you to take it as your slave for life?
5 Can you make a pet of it like a bird
or put it on a leash for the young women in your house?
6 Will traders barter for it?
Will they divide it up among the merchants?
7 Can you fill its hide with harpoons
or its head with fishing spears?
8 If you lay a hand on it,
you will remember the struggle and never do it again!
9 Any hope of subduing it is false;
the mere sight of it is overpowering.
10 No one is fierce enough to rouse it.
Who then is able to stand against me?
11 Who has a claim against me that I must pay?
Everything under heaven belongs to me.

12 “I will not fail to speak of Leviathan’s limbs,
its strength and its graceful form.
13 Who can strip off its outer coat?
Who can penetrate its double coat of armor?
14 Who dares open the doors of its mouth,
ringed about with fearsome teeth?
15 Its back has[c] rows of shields
tightly sealed together;
16 each is so close to the next
that no air can pass between.
17 They are joined fast to one another;
they cling together and cannot be parted.
18 Its snorting throws out flashes of light;
its eyes are like the rays of dawn.
19 Flames stream from its mouth;
sparks of fire shoot out.
20 Smoke pours from its nostrils
as from a boiling pot over burning reeds.
21 Its breath sets coals ablaze,
and flames dart from its mouth.
22 Strength resides in its neck;
dismay goes before it.
23 The folds of its flesh are tightly joined;
they are firm and immovable.
24 Its chest is hard as rock,
hard as a lower millstone.
25 When it rises up, the mighty are terrified;
they retreat before its thrashing.
26 The sword that reaches it has no effect,
nor does the spear or the dart or the javelin.
27 Iron it treats like straw
and bronze like rotten wood.
28 Arrows do not make it flee;
slingstones are like chaff to it.
29 A club seems to it but a piece of straw;
it laughs at the rattling of the lance.
30 Its undersides are jagged potsherds,
leaving a trail in the mud like a threshing sledge.
31 It makes the depths churn like a boiling caldron
and stirs up the sea like a pot of ointment.
32 It leaves a glistening wake behind it;
one would think the deep had white hair.
33 Nothing on earth is its equal—
a creature without fear.
34 It looks down on all that are haughty;
it is king over all that are proud.”

Shimmie

Staff member
Job 41

1 [a]“Can you pull in Leviathan with a fishhook
or tie down its tongue with a rope?
2 Can you put a cord through its nose
or pierce its jaw with a hook?
3 Will it keep begging you for mercy?
Will it speak to you with gentle words?
4 Will it make an agreement with you
for you to take it as your slave for life?
5 Can you make a pet of it like a bird
or put it on a leash for the young women in your house?
6 Will traders barter for it?
Will they divide it up among the merchants?
7 Can you fill its hide with harpoons
or its head with fishing spears?
8 If you lay a hand on it,
you will remember the struggle and never do it again!
9 Any hope of subduing it is false;
the mere sight of it is overpowering.
10 No one is fierce enough to rouse it.
Who then is able to stand against me?
11 Who has a claim against me that I must pay?
Everything under heaven belongs to me.

12 “I will not fail to speak of Leviathan’s limbs,
its strength and its graceful form.
13 Who can strip off its outer coat?
Who can penetrate its double coat of armor?
14 Who dares open the doors of its mouth,
ringed about with fearsome teeth?
15 Its back has[c] rows of shields
tightly sealed together;
16 each is so close to the next
that no air can pass between.
17 They are joined fast to one another;
they cling together and cannot be parted.
18 Its snorting throws out flashes of light;
its eyes are like the rays of dawn.
19 Flames stream from its mouth;
sparks of fire shoot out.
20 Smoke pours from its nostrils
as from a boiling pot over burning reeds.
21 Its breath sets coals ablaze,
and flames dart from its mouth.
22 Strength resides in its neck;
dismay goes before it.
23 The folds of its flesh are tightly joined;
they are firm and immovable.
24 Its chest is hard as rock,
hard as a lower millstone.
25 When it rises up, the mighty are terrified;
they retreat before its thrashing.
26 The sword that reaches it has no effect,
nor does the spear or the dart or the javelin.
27 Iron it treats like straw
and bronze like rotten wood.
28 Arrows do not make it flee;
slingstones are like chaff to it.
29 A club seems to it but a piece of straw;
it laughs at the rattling of the lance.
30 Its undersides are jagged potsherds,
leaving a trail in the mud like a threshing sledge.
31 It makes the depths churn like a boiling caldron
and stirs up the sea like a pot of ointment.
32 It leaves a glistening wake behind it;
one would think the deep had white hair.
33 Nothing on earth is its equal—
a creature without fear.
34 It looks down on all that are haughty;
it is king over all that are proud.”

YES ! :amen:

I love this passage of scripture. God gave us a serious warning.

Awesome, awesome Word!

Laela

Oh, me, too, Shimmie..this stuff is deep! I'm glad it speaks on so many different levels, it's not only people, but things and situations...like drugs, sex, money, credit, alcohol, a love attraction, even music :blush: and worry, whatever the devil can use to seduce, to get close to use to bite, leaving a venemous poison in the spiritual system. Yes, Lord, the only antitode for that is the Blood of Jesus.

I'm reading this and it hits me...it's not the snake itself, but how we relate to it that is critical. Spiritual awareness. That lil girl could've done a side-step and keep it moving. LOL

Mind you, rattlesnakes have rattlers, so they and can 'warn' us. It's just the distractions are there to even keep us from hearing the rattle. Thank God for His divine protection!! Job 41 also came to mind while I was reading your post, which is why I posted it. :yep: The Word of God is no joke. Be blessed sister!

Laela Rose :love2:

I'm a little 'teary-eyed' reading this :yep: . Not because I'm sad, but because these messages 'hit home' with me so truly.

I cannot help but think back to the rattle snakes who 'hid' their rattlers under their 'coats', yet God knew that they were hidden and still protected me from them.

I been in so many situations in life where I did not 'see' the rattler, but the 'snake' did indeed show his big teeth. :grin: He was licking his chops :lick: waiting to get a bit out of me...

But God ..... Oh But God! He came to my rescue and pulled the teeth out from under the snakes and shook the rattles out of their rattlers. Psalm 18.

Oh But God! Who hid me in the cleft of every rock from the 'snakes' who lay waiting to poison my walk with the Lord.

Praise God for His undying love for us. Praise God for His unfailing protection. Praise God for putting the snakes under our feet. For He said in that we would trample them, in Jesus' Name. Even Paul, shook one off and it went flying into the fire and burned.

Snakes don't rule ... unless we let them.

I LOVE these messages. I can't wait unless you post more.

Thanks so much again Laela Rose... Love and favour to you and hubbie. :love3:

Shimmie

Staff member
Oh, me, too, Shimmie..this stuff is deep! I'm glad it speaks on so many different levels, it's not only people, but things and situations...like drugs, sex, money, credit, alcohol, a love attraction, even music :blush: and worry, whatever the devil can use to seduce, to get close to use to bite, leaving a venemous poison in the spiritual system.

Yes, Lord, the only antitode for that is the Blood of Jesus

I'm reading this and it hits me...it's not the snake itself, but how we relate to it that is critical. Spiritual awareness. That lil girl could've done a side-step and keep it moving. LOL

Mind you, rattlesnakes have rattlers, so they and can 'warn' us. It's just the distractions are there to even keep us from hearing the rattle. Thank God for His divine protection!! Job 41 also came to mind while I was reading your post, which is why I posted it. :yep: The Word of God is no joke. Be blessed sister!

:woohoo2:

Good Lord what a Word! The only antidote to the venom is the 'Blood of Jesus'.

GLORY TO GOD ! GLOOOOO RAAAAAYYYYY ! :woohoo2:

Love it, love it, love it ! Praise Jesus forever and ever :amen:

The Blood of Jesus, the only antidote...

Does anyone even realize just how powerful those words of Truth are ? ! ? ! ?

Whenever I saw a 'snake' movie (you know, in the Westerns/Cowboys/Home on the Range/ John Wayne movies :look: ), when the person got snake bit ... [yes, that's how they said it, 'snake bit'], they'd cut the womb open and try to suck out the poison and then try to get them to 'Doc Holiday' for an antidote. They put the person on the back of the horse and :cowgirl: to town for the 'Doc'.

However in this day and in this time...

We have Jesus, His Blood is the antidote for all snake bits... Praise God.

Last edited:

sidney

God showed me something about snakes and satan and I've been thinking about it since last week. I will post something about it soon. Thanks for sharing.

Laela

Written by Mary Whelchel
January 5, 2012

Did you ever pick up a rattlesnake? I can see the look on your faces now: "Are you kidding? I wouldn't pick up a rattlesnake." No, but you might do something worse: Let yourself be deceived by temptation and get bitten before you know it.

The second mistake our friend in the fairy tale made was to listen to the lies of the snake. His lies sounded reasonable to her. He even used God in there somewhere to deceive her into thinking he was harmless. One thing we know for sure, Satan our enemy is a masterful liar. He knows how to deceive us with his enticing words.

If she had never stopped to talk to him, she would never have been deceived by his lies. But once she listened, she had difficulty discerning the truth and she couldn't think very clearly.

Remember, when you walk into the enemy's territory, you are inviting deception, because Satan is the father of lies and he's very good at it. He mixes the lies with enough truth to stump you. This dear woman I told you about who found herself in an affair she never intended to be in, was still struggling with the lies that had deceived her. After all, he really was a nice man, and though she knew it was wrong, she kept trying to rationalize it away because it had made her feel good to be treated so kindly.

Oh, do we ever get ourselves into predicaments when we start listening to our feelings. Remember, just because it feels good doesn't mean it's right! Your feelings can lead you so far off the right path, you wouldn't believe it! If that's the kind of rationalizing you've been doing, you're picking up a rattlesnake.

After she made the mistake of talking to the rattlesnake instead of running away, and then being deceived by its lies, the girl's next mistake was to ignore the laws and principles that are always true about rattlesnakes. When you put a rattlesnake under your coat, when you play in their territory, when you put yourself in places where you know rattlesnakes live, you're going to get bitten because that's the nature of rattlesnakes, and it won't change even for you.

So, you think you'd never pick up a rattlesnake? You may have one under your coat right now, just waiting for the right time to bite you.

Iwanthealthyhair67

okay I don't know what's going on but I have heard some kind of message on snakes every day and sometimes twice in one day about snakes for this week...

I have some thoughts too, that are slightly off topic...

We need to go back to the beginning...Eve wasn't afraid of the snake why do you think that was?

I beleive that the snake(s) and other animals could both walk and talk, that's why Eve wasn't afraid...

I'll be back to update with scripture...

Shimmie

Staff member
YW Sidney.. I look forward to your post!

Laela Rose....

I'm sitting here wondering who is "YW Sidney" ? :huh: ?

So I went upwards thread wise and read Sidney's post. :bookworm:

Sidney thanks Laela for message.

I finally understood ....

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

"YW" means 'You're Welcome'...

Do folks ever spell anymore? :drunk:

Shimmie

Staff member
okay I don't know what's going on but I have heard some kind of message on snakes every day and sometimes twice in one day about snakes for this week...

I have some thoughts too, that are slightly off topic...

We need to go back to the beginning...Eve wasn't afraid of the snake why do you think that was?

I beleive that the snake(s) and other animals could both walk and talk, that's why Eve wasn't afraid...

I'll be back to update with scripture...

"Healthy Hair" I have to consign with you about these messages with snakes. They are truly penetrating my heart with relevance.

A few months ago there was a snake in my basement. I was taking clothes from the washer and placing them into the dryer. During the process of taking from one and placing into another, I saw something from my peripherial vision and then it moved. It was a real snake, about 12 inches in length; a garden snake.

I couldn't believe what I saw. Initially I was very un-nerved, but I wanted to get my clothes in the dryer and done with... :rofl:

I continued with my laundry and as I was shaking the clothes from the washer, I prayed, "Holy Spirit, I want my laundry done. That thing has to move out of my way. "

Of all prayers... I pray about laundry. :lachen:

Right before my eyes, the snake disappeared under the concrete wall and it was such a small space that it slid under and it was so easy for it to do; it just slid under the wall like air. *shudder*

I just stood there in amazement of what I just witnessed. I have never seen a snake in real life. Only behind a glass wall at the zoo and on TV and movies. Needless to say, I finished my laundry.

A few days later, I was walking home and saw a snake in the street that had been run over and flattened by a car. I can't help but wonder if God simply 'finished' the job for me, of completely getting rid of that snake. I even took a picture of it.

Now in the event you are wondering why I thought more about finishing my laundry than running....

Well, I told you that I was a 'piece of work'... I wanted my laundry chores done to free up my weekend. :rofl: Me and that snake were about to roll had he gotten any further in my way. :catfight:

I'm serious !

Laela

:rofl3:

---
^^idk ...I guess not, lol

Shimmie, that snake tried to get you scared, so you don't do your laundry... something you had your 'mindset' on. You stood right there and prayed and he left. :lol: All ALL our ways, acknowlege Him. I believe everything we pray about, no matter how silly it may sound, He is there. Not laughing at you praying for laundry...at all. :grin:

Shimmie

Staff member
Written by Mary Whelchel
January 5, 2012

Did you ever pick up a rattlesnake? I can see the look on your faces now: "Are you kidding? I wouldn't pick up a rattlesnake." No, but you might do something worse: Let yourself be deceived by temptation and get bitten before you know it.

The second mistake our friend in the fairy tale made was to listen to the lies of the snake. His lies sounded reasonable to her. He even used God in there somewhere to deceive her into thinking he was harmless. One thing we know for sure, Satan our enemy is a masterful liar. He knows how to deceive us with his enticing words.

If she had never stopped to talk to him, she would never have been deceived by his lies. But once she listened, she had difficulty discerning the truth and she couldn't think very clearly.

Remember, when you walk into the enemy's territory, you are inviting deception, because Satan is the father of lies and he's very good at it. He mixes the lies with enough truth to stump you. This dear woman I told you about who found herself in an affair she never intended to be in, was still struggling with the lies that had deceived her. After all, he really was a nice man, and though she knew it was wrong, she kept trying to rationalize it away because it had made her feel good to be treated so kindly.

Oh, do we ever get ourselves into predicaments when we start listening to our feelings. Remember, just because it feels good doesn't mean it's right! Your feelings can lead you so far off the right path, you wouldn't believe it! If that's the kind of rationalizing you've been doing, you're picking up a rattlesnake.

After she made the mistake of talking to the rattlesnake instead of running away, and then being deceived by its lies, the girl's next mistake was to ignore the laws and principles that are always true about rattlesnakes. When you put a rattlesnake under your coat, when you play in their territory, when you put yourself in places where you know rattlesnakes live, you're going to get bitten because that's the nature of rattlesnakes, and it won't change even for you.

So, you think you'd never pick up a rattlesnake? You may have one under your coat right now, just waiting for the right time to bite you.

These messages are so powerful. Each day I look forward to reading more. :yep:

Thanks so much Laela, again and again, I thank you.

These are not 'new' lessons to us, however it just blesses me to read and remember the number of times I've been 'lured' by rattle snakes and even more how many times God saved and protected me from being snared and bitten.

Praise God!

Shimmie

Staff member
:rofl3:

---

Shimmie, that snake tried to get you scared, so you don't do your laundry... something you had your 'mindset' on. You stood right there and prayed and he left. :lol: All ALL our ways, acknowlege Him. I believe everything we pray about, no matter how silly it may sound, He is there. Not laughing at you praying for laundry...at all. :grin:

Laela.... Girl I was serious about my :laundry: . I wasn't wasting another minute to get it finished. :lachen:

But I'll be honest, I was scared but I was more 'mad' :fistshake: at the snake for trying to hinder me. You know how our weekends are; they're busy, very busy. Saturday travels and errands and cooking Sunday dinner ahead of time so we can be 'clear' for 'Worship' on Sunday.

My laundry is begun on Thursdays and Fridays and as God is my witness ... :fistshake: no snake gets in my way. :lol:

Laela

Thank you Sidney for sharing what God has put on your heart...this is indeed a powerful message and reminder, for all of us and I receive it in the Love it was delivered. Amein~
All of this is to say this, let's understand the seven things that God hates! I am convinced that these seven things represent Satan because he embodies all seven: pride...didn't his pride get him kicked out of heaven. He said he would ascend beyond the clouds and be like the most high. Isaiah 14:13. Isn't he the ultimate liar? Isn't he the accuser. Does he run to do evil...roaming over the earth looking to do evil? Doesn't he sow discord among men. God doesn't want us doing these things because when we do we become like Satan's children, and the enemy's spirit will rule over us. Ephesians 2:1. He wants us instead to take on the characteristics of Christ and be ruled by his spirit.

We have the word! See to it that you are not deceived. Matthew 24.4