Treading on serpents

flowinlocks

Literally.....

WARNING: DON'T SCROLL DOWN IF YOU HATE SNAKES

I'm staying in the desert temporarily. I rarely go for walks because it's just too dog gone hot.

I just happened to stroll outside a few feet from the house to see if I could get better reception on my cell when I almost walked directly on a snake. :blush:

Another few inches and I would have stepped directly on him. To make matters worse I was wearing flip flops. :nono: I would have died if that thing would have touched my foot.

Making a long story short I jumped back and snapped a quick pic before racing back to the house. :lol:

Shortly after a friend came outside to see him for herself, at a safe distance of course. She and I were both freaking out because he was so close to the house. Upon closer inspection (by her) the next day we discovered that he was dead.

Aside from giving me the short term heebie jeebies I hadn't thought much more about it.

Tonight as I unsuccessfully tried to sleep I said my prayers and thanked Jesus.

Shortly after I started thinking about the snake, then this scripture came to me.

Luke 10:19

Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall hurt you.

The past few years have been a rough patch in my life and I can say that I have been victorious over many situations for the past 6 months.

Am I reading too much into this or was walking upon the dead snake a sign/symbol to me?

PinkPebbles

flowinlocks only God can reveal the answer to your question.

IMO I don't think you are reading too much into it. You prayed and gave thanks to Jesus and shortly after you were reminded of Luke 10:19.

Also, you were going through some things and I believe God is reminding you not to fear...the battle has already been won through Christ Jesus. Continue to exercise and walk in Christ authority!!

Literally.....

WARNING: DON'T SCROLL DOWN IF YOU HATE SNAKES

I'm staying in the desert temporarily. I rarely go for walks because it's just too dog gone hot.

I just happened to stroll outside a few feet from the house to see if I could get better reception on my cell when I almost walked directly on a snake. :blush:

Another few inches and I would have stepped directly on him. To make matters worse I was wearing flip flops. :nono: I would have died if that thing would have touched my foot.

Making a long story short I jumped back and snapped a quick pic before racing back to the house. :lol:

Shortly after a friend came outside to see him for herself, at a safe distance of course. She and I were both freaking out because he was so close to the house. Upon closer inspection (by her) the next day we discovered that he was dead.

Aside from giving me the short term heebie jeebies I hadn't thought much more about it.

Tonight as I unsuccessfully tried to sleep I said my prayers and thanked Jesus.

Shortly after I started thinking about the snake, then this scripture came to me.

Luke 10:19

Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall hurt you.

The past few years have been a rough patch in my life and I can say that I have been victorious over many situations for the past 6 months.

Am I reading too much into this or was walking upon the dead snake a sign/symbol to me?