The NEW Sebastian Colourshines-- any reviews?

onejamifan

Hello ladies. Since the search function is still not working I am unable to find any previous reviews posted on this item, so if you've used the new colourshines, could you please share your experiences? I've been using the old product for years now and have been very happy with the results thus far. However, my mom gave me 4 tubes of the new stuff and I want to know if the results are the same. Thanks in advance!

Dposh167

i have the clear....and the golden brown. they retail for 40.00 but this salon had them on sale for 50% off. so i don't feel bad for purchasing them. The only thing i don't like about it is that its very heavy for my fine hair. and i didn't really use a lot of it. I did a rollerset and my hair was just greasy...yuk...

...but i think it may be due to it being a cellophane. as opposed to the regular light rinse colors i usually use. i think i'm gonna stick to jazzing clear rinses for now on tho.

Last edited:

gymfreak336

i have the clear....and the golden brown. they retail for 40.00 but this salon had them on sale for 50% off. so i don't feel bad for purchasing them. The only thing i don't like about it is that its very heavy for my fine hair. and i didn't really use a lot of it. I did a rollerset and my hair was just greasy...yuk...

...but i think it may be due to it being a cellophane. as opposed to the regular light rinse colors i ususally use. i think i'm gonna stick to jazzing clear rinses for now on tho.

It was greasy :sad: :nono:

sqzbly1908

...but i think it may be due to it being a cellophane. as opposed to the regular light rinse colors i ususally use. i think i'm gonna stick to jazzing clear rinses for now on tho.

I too have fine hair and the Colorshowers feels so much better than jazzing - I am a fan of the old Sebastian Colourshines - I never tried the "new" Sebastian due to the limited colors...

gymfreak336

I too have fine hair and the Colorshowers feels so much better than jazzing - I am a fan of the old Sebastian Colourshines - I never tried the "new" Sebastian due to the limited colors...

What do you use now? I thought about getting the Matrix prisms.

Dposh167

It was greasy :sad: :nono:

yeaaaa it was greasy!...I had to blow out my hair (which i never do)...just to wipe out that feeling. And all i used was Hairveda's strinilah dc. so there's no reason why my hair would've felt that way....and i poo'ed too. go figure

yea see i never got a chance to use the old ones. But when i used the new one, i was thinking "this can't possibly be what everyone raves about"...cuz i didn't like it

gymfreak336

yeaaaa it was greasy!...I had to blow out my hair (which i never do)...just to wipe out that feeling. And all i used was Hairveda's strinilah dc. so there's no reason why my hair would've felt that way....and i poo'ed too. go figure

yea see i never got a chance to use the old ones. But when i used the new one, i was thinking "this can't possibly be what everyone raves about"...cuz i didn't like it

I am going to give one of mine a go and I will report back. I am going to be hot if I don't like it. It ain't cheap.

onejamifan

Greasy?? I have medium textured hair, so hopefully it won't feel too bad. Will be be looking out for your review gymfreak as I'm not due for a color touch up for another 4 weeks or so...