The Official Mane 'N Tail Users Club

MonaLisa

Re: The Official Mane \'N Tail Users Club

[ QUOTE ]
miracle said:
I need to add another great MNT product to my "ever-growing" list. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

MNT Moisture Enriched Revitalizing Creme

[/ QUOTE ]

I peeped some of the MNT Hair Dressings online...definitely going to be looking into! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

miracle

[ QUOTE ]
MonaLisa said:
[ QUOTE ]
miracle said:
I need to add another great MNT product to my "ever-growing" list. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

MNT Moisture Enriched Revitalizing Creme

[/ QUOTE ]

I peeped some of the MNT Hair Dressings online...definitely going to be looking into! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, good! I think you'll really like them. They've definitely been lifesavers for me. The only ones I've had a lil' bad run with were the actual MNT Hairdressing and the Maximum Herbal Gro. They were just a tad too heavy for me, but the others are excellent!!!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/clap.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

MonaLisa

[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:
I think I would like to join you ladies!! Any tips??

[/ QUOTE ]

DSD, I'm sure that President SG will be swooping down at some point...or VP Tammie Matthews...
*cough* to help you out with your inquiry...*cough*

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach

[ QUOTE ]
MonaLisa said:
[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:

[/ QUOTE ]

DSD, I'm sure that President SG will be swooping down at some point...or VP Tammie Matthews...

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks!! I went in and read her regemin but I would still like some pointers. I am greedy!!

MonaLisa

[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:
[ QUOTE ]
MonaLisa said:
[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks!! I went in and read her regemin but I would still like some pointers. I am greedy!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Alriggtee then. I too am curious as to what tips can be given other than what SG put in her regimen.

Myself personally, I put the conditioner in my hair...leave it on for awhile...then I rinse it out.

Sorry, that's all I got. /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

tammiematthews

[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:
That's the kind of stuff I am looking for! Thanks!!

[/ QUOTE ]

--DSD
I also use the original CON as a leave in...after pooing with you fav, you can just pile it on an leave it, but not too heavy, u can air dry (which is my fav method) or blow dry (never tried), but either way, it leaves your hair, soft and smooth. I made my own leave in spray. I mixed some MNT original con, shea butter oil, carrot oil and water (I'm from the south, and was taught how to cook by a big black granma, so i dont measure) I just kept adding water until I got the "leave in" liquidy enough to come out of the recycled spray bottle. I truely love it!! I use this on mine and my daughter's hair,it loosenes her tangles (esp on dry hair) I cant rave enough!! /images/graemlins/clap.gif /images/graemlins/clap.gif

tammiematthews

[ QUOTE ]
SouthernGirl said:
Hey Mona and Tammie, /images/graemlins/wave.gif

I haven't left you guys hanging! Work's just been hectic today and yesterday.

I spoke with Diane in Consumer Affairs for Mane N Tail. They do know about the article in Forbes and have confirmed that MIT is only in the Deep Moisturizing shampoo. It was also in the regular shampoo several years ago, but they stopped adding it a long time ago.

Diane has spoken with one of their onsite chemists, as well as the company that tests their product line (CIR), and they have all confirmed that the levels of MIT are not harmful enough to cause brain damage. Additionally, since you are rinsing the shampoo out of your hair, the chances are even slimmer that it could be harmful.

This may or may not be the case with other brands, but you'd have to check them out to be sure.

I'm sure they'll release a statement at some point because of all of this.

Thanks,
SG

[/ QUOTE ]

-SG...If your not a front porch reporter I dont know who is!! Neighborhood watch aint got nothin on you..AND your acurate! /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif U just made my day, I can continue to use my beloved MNT. Now as I said I did purchase the Deep MNT, but I did not use it as a leave in, since it was not indicated on the instructions, I rinsed it out (but I still had beautifully soft results),its a keeper for me!!
Thansks for the update SG (please continue to use your reporting power for good and not evil) /images/graemlins/clap.gif /images/graemlins/clap.gif /images/graemlins/clap.gif

mrslee

Love yourself first!

I let my M/T sit on my hair for about 5-10 minutes, Rinse out. After 50% dry, I add a little to the hair as a leave in.

MonaLisa

[ QUOTE ]
mrslee said:
I let my M/T sit on my hair for about 5-10 minutes, Rinse out. After 50% dry, I add a little to the hair as a leave in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh Snaps...that sucka was on my hair for like over an hour...lol...but it sure came out soft...I'ma stick to that...lol.

SouthernGirl

Wow! Dontspeakdefeat, glad to have you girlie!!! /images/graemlins/clap.gif We're so honored to have your illustrious presence /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I use the conditioner the same way Tammiematthews uses it. One tip I haven't heard anyone mention (or maybe I missed) is detangling. I find that I need an little more detangling power than simply running CON thru my hair after shampooing w/MNT. I've been using the MNT detangler and it's been a lifesayer! Doesn't add build up, nor does it interfere with the great results I get from the conditioner. Love it!

I'll see if I can think of anything else. Miracle uses a few products I haven't tried yet, but they sound like good ones.

Glad to have you!

SouthernGirl

[ QUOTE ]
-SG...If your not a front porch reporter I dont know who is!! Neighborhood watch aint got nothin on you..AND your acurate! /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif U just made my day, I can continue to use my beloved MNT. Now as I said I did purchase the Deep MNT, but I did not use it as a leave in, since it was not indicated on the instructions, I rinsed it out (but I still had beautifully soft results),its a keeper for me!!
Thansks for the update SG (please continue to use your reporting power for good and not evil) /images/graemlins/clap.gif /images/graemlins/clap.gif /images/graemlins/clap.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Aw, thanks tammiematthews!!!! /images/graemlins/kiss.gif

We were all going crazy a little there, so I just hoped to put our minds at ease. I promise, I'll only use it for good, not evil. I stay away from that other stuff!
SG

mrslee

Love yourself first!

I broke down and bought the detangler as well. I washed my hair last night and I couldnt tell if it had helped with my tangles or not. But my hair came out nice and soft!! How often do you wash your hair. I went 5 days this time. Normally I wash every 3-4. I am going to see if I can make it a week this time!

SouthernGirl

Hey Mrslee /images/graemlins/wave.gif,

I noticed that too when I first started using the detangler. I've always washed my hair about 2x per week. I'm trying to stretch out to one week (Saturday to Saturday). I've gotten close, but I always break down and wash it again /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

This week, I'm determined! When I used MNT years ago I was a one-week girl and had great results. That's why I'm trying to get back to being a weeker /images/graemlins/smile.gif
SG

mrslee

Love yourself first!

HEY SG!! Back then, I could two weeks without washing my hair. I really need to extend my wash days! Maybe I will see a difference with the detangler the next time I wash. I think I am going to stop doing the pre-poo thing as well and see what happens. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

MonaLisa

Okay...y'all two are killing me about the detangler. I've been perfectly content with my Pantene detangler (I have two dollar off coupons too!) - and now y'all poking a sister again to buy...

mrslee

Love yourself first!

LOL!! Maybe we ought to look into purchasing some Stock with M/T! LOL

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach

Thanks for all of the tips!!

[ QUOTE ]
SouthernGirl said:
Wow! Dontspeakdefeat, glad to have you girlie!!! /images/graemlins/clap.gif We're so honored to have your illustrious presence /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I use the conditioner the same way Tammiematthews uses it. One tip I haven't heard anyone mention (or maybe I missed) is detangling. I find that I need an little more detangling power than simply running CON thru my hair after shampooing w/MNT. I've been using the MNT detangler and it's been a lifesayer! Doesn't add build up, nor does it interfere with the great results I get from the conditioner. Love it!

I'll see if I can think of anything else. Miracle uses a few products I haven't tried yet, but they sound like good ones.

Glad to have you!

[/ QUOTE ]

Awww, thanks SG! That'a a really sweet welcome.

I need to go back and read the entire thread again to see if I missed anything.

I have plenty of extra detanglers at home so this shouldn't be a problem.

divine

I used MnT for 10 years, but stopped 2 years ago. I might join.

MonaLisa

SG has gotten another one...back into the flock of lost Mane N Tail sheep...

SouthernGirl

Hey Everyone!!

I couldn't wait to jump online to see what ya'll were talking about! LOL

Hey Mona! /images/graemlins/wave.gif You always make me laugh at your posts. I look for your comments first! If I'm the Pres, then you have to the CFO to keep track of all that $$ we'd make! /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif

NOT! I'm sure MNT would have nothing to do with us. But... I could give Diane a call again and make my pitch... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hi Divine, welcome /images/graemlins/wave.gif! I don't know anyone that's used it that long so PLEASE share your experiences/tips from when you used it.

Oh, and I have to tell you all- I ran outta the shampoo so I stopped to pick some up tonight. I was in a rush so I stopped at this BSS near me. Do you know I paid $6.50 for the SMALL bottle??? I had gone to Walmart a few times and could never find it. Anyhoo, this lady stopped me that was in the BSS and discretely told me to go to Walmart next time. I was like, I just left b4 coming here! She said they have it in the PET SECTION and the big bottle is only $4.99!!!!!!! Go figure.

So for any of you buying it at a BSS, go to Walmart and check the prices there.

My tip for the day!

SG

MonaLisa

[ QUOTE ]
SouthernGirl said:

Hey Mona! /images/graemlins/wave.gif You always make me laugh at your posts. I look for your comments first! If I'm the Pres, then you have to the CFO to keep track of all that $$ we'd make! /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif

NOT! I'm sure MNT would have nothing to do with us. But... I could give Diane a call again and make my pitch... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

She said they have it in the PET SECTION and the big bottle is only $4.99!!!!!!! Go figure.

SG

[/ QUOTE ]

HAAAAAAAAAAA....U know I would take the money and buy hair care products with it...then y'all would cut me!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo....the shampoo was not in the PET CARE section!!! HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa....

SouthernGirl

Okay, so I lied. I told many of you that I would extend my shampoos out to a week. I have discovered today that it is impossible for me! For the past several years I've washed 2x per week, Sautudays and Wednesdays.

Well, I don't know if it's because I'm scheduled to relax in a couple weeks or not, but I feel like I have something growing in my head /images/graemlins/whyme.gif. Well, of course I'm exaggerating, but there's no way I can wait any longer. It might also be all this grease I have on my scalp. Maybe I put too much on b/c it wasn't so frightening last time.

Anyhoo, in the spirit of honesty, I just wanted to let ya'll know. I'm sticking to shampooing 2x per week!
SG

MonaLisa

WOWWWWWWW SG....That was deep.

We woulda never known. At least I can sleep tonight with my own dirty hair...knowing yours is clean... /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Desert Skye

ok ok im in the club. I used it and I LOVED IT. I used the Conditioner and the Hairdress it and i flat ironed my hair. My hair feels strong and its shiny! I should have used it back when i was a teen but i had this belief cheap conditioners wont work on my hair.ANd i felt kinda funny using the same products as my dog /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif.Thanks everyone for recommending this. Here is a picture of the results. Sorry the pic isnt that good the lighting in my bathroom isnt too good.

MonaLisa

Glossy...with your "Fresh to Death" self! Looks good girl!!! Thanks for sharing pic!

mrslee

Love yourself first!

Looks great!!! Welcome to the club. I swear as each day goes by my hair feels so soft! Its like the conditioner continues to work day after day!! I love it!! /images/graemlins/clap.gif