The Official Mane 'N Tail Users Club

Re: The Official Mane \'N Tail Users Club

Mona,

I am sooooo proud of you!! /images/graemlins/clap.gif I honestly could not have said that better myself! You are awesome. The new MNT expert /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tosca, I'm happy you're joining us! You'll definitely want to use the regular shampoo and conditioner, not the Deep Moisturizing one. It will do wonders for your fine hair, because it actually thickens it (the conditioner). I don't know if this is scientific, but many users have expressed this, including myself.

There is info in this thread on how we all use the products, so take a look. Also, if you'll check out the website Mona pointed you to, take a look at the FAQs they are very helpful.

BTW everyone, I went Rite Aid and got my stash of stuff! I also bought the Detangler. It's on sale for $2.99!!!!

SG

Oh thank goodness...ur back! Candibaby...that Nexxus chick is running amok!!! /images/graemlins/angeldevil.gif LOL! Why can't she be open to the world of MNT??? We're the little guy... /images/graemlins/tongue.giferplexed:

I know sweetie. She's trying to put out our little MNT torch (okay, I just listened to myself saying that and I'm rolling. This is soooo dramatic, but it's fun)!

Maybe if we just stay over here, she won't come over and make trouble /images/graemlins/laugh.gif. I just made a post over there and I'm SURE she'll be back!

Hey Ya'll,

I washed my hair and tried a new technique w/the MNT products. I just used all my normal products (shampoo, detangler, and conditioner). In the past, I let my hair airdry a bit before adding conditioner as a leave-in before slicking it back in a bun. It usually works great, but I have so much NG so my hair is very unmanageable.

This time, I added the conditioner while it was still wet, then greased my scalp and slicked back and my bun was easier to do! I don't know how to copy and paste the photo here, so here's the link:

http://public.fotki.com/SouthernGirlz/the_protective_styles/img_1226.html
I may do this from now on when my hair is going to be slicked back. Just passing on another tip!
SG

Your hair looks great as usual SG. I like that protective style.

I've been peeking at the MNT thread for a couple of days now....is it okay if I join in the fun?!?!? /images/graemlins/sekret.gif

[ QUOTE ]
nolechik said:
I've been peeking at the MNT thread for a couple of days now....is it okay if I join in the fun?!?!? /images/graemlins/sekret.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Nolechik...SG wouldn't have it any other way! The more that come aboard makes her lil follicles happy with joy! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

You won't regret it girl. /images/graemlins/weird.gif

Take a look at the whole thread if you haven't already, should answer some questions, but if you have anymore...be sure to post or PM!

Thanks MonaLisa...I'm heading to Wally World to go grocery shopping tomorrow anyways, so I'll be sure to get the ORIGINAL MNT poo, conditioner & probably the detangler spray since I have 4a/b hair! Will post results....(ooh, can't wait)

[ QUOTE ]
nolechik said:
Thanks MonaLisa...I'm heading to Wally World to go grocery shopping tomorrow anyways, so I'll be sure to get the ORIGINAL MNT poo, conditioner & probably the detangler spray since I have 4a/b hair! Will post results....(ooh, can't wait)

[/ QUOTE ]

We all await your feedback that will help others come on board...to the MNT experience! Go get em tigress! It can get vicous at Wallyworld... /images/graemlins/weird.gif

Thanks Kaddy and Sweet N Sour!! /images/graemlins/kiss.gif

Hey Nolechik /images/graemlins/wave.gif, we'd love to have you on board!!! As Mona said, feel free to read the posts, and PM any of us if you have specific questions.

SG

I just bought the conditioner. But I have to also tell you that I also bought 4 Nexxus products as well. I just wanted to give them both a try.

candycane

[ QUOTE ]
candycane said:
I just bought the conditioner. But I have to also tell you that I also bought 4 Nexxus products as well. I just wanted to give them both a try.

candycane

[/ QUOTE ]

And there's absolutely nothing wrong with you doing that. Enjoy your product purchases and experimentation. That's how you find out what works best for you.

Hey Mona and SG!!! /images/graemlins/wave.gif

Mona- I saw the shout outs on the other teams thread!! Thanks!

SG- OK!! I went and bought M/T shampoo! I love it!

This weekend because I felt my hair needed a jump start and was lacking something, so I along with the M/T I bought the porosity control and bone marrow. I must say my hair is so soft and full of shine!!! /images/graemlins/weird.gif
I let my hair air dry fully and it was easy to comb for the first time!!

Thanks everyone for your wonderful tips. I feel my hair is off to a great start!!

FYI- i tried almost all the Nexxus products and they didnt do much for me. The only way to know is try.

[ QUOTE ]
mrslee said:
Hey Mona and SG!!! /images/graemlins/wave.gif

Mona- I saw the shout outs on the other teams thread!! Thanks!

SG- OK!! I went and bought M/T shampoo! I love it!

This weekend because I felt my hair needed a jump start and was lacking something, so I along with the M/T I bought the porosity control and bone marrow. I must say my hair is so soft and full of shine!!! /images/graemlins/weird.gif
I let my hair air dry fully and it was easy to comb for the first time!!

Thanks everyone for your wonderful tips. I feel my hair is off to a great start!!

[/ QUOTE ]

ML - U know u got some fine lookin hair...If I can just get to where u and SG are now...I will be a content and happy camper.

Your follicles sound like they are happy. That's all one can do...lol.

Thanks Mona!! YOur so sweet!! YOu are well on your way!!

Mrs Lee!! Yeah!!! I am so happy you bought the shampoo and love it /images/graemlins/clap.gif That makes me so happy /images/graemlins/smile.gif. I love U Gurl! And you know my feelings on your hair- like Mona I think it's to die for!!

And Candybaby- You have just made my night, and have REALLY warmed my heart /images/graemlins/kiss.gif I had to read that post again because I couldn't believe it! It's sooooo great that you're experimenting. I know you're taking baby steps, but try the conditioner at some point as well. They work really well together (I don't think even I could use the shampoo alone, even though I love it).
This is AWESOME!!!!!

Ms. Mona, you just stop, because you have beautiful hair as well! Forget about me and Ms Lee, you've got your own thing going on over there, and you're the bomb, gurlie! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

SG

Well said SG!! Thank you for the compliments from one beautiful head of hair to another! /images/graemlins/kiss.gif Mona needs to quit trying to be so shy about her hair!! By the way Mona, I tried to view your photos again and the password didnt work, whats up? /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
mrslee said:
Well said SG!! Thank you for the compliments from one beautiful head of hair to another! /images/graemlins/kiss.gif Mona needs to quit trying to be so shy about her hair!! By the way Mona, I tried to view your photos again and the password didnt work, whats up? /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Y'all are sweet...thx much my LHCF Sistahs! /images/graemlins/kiss.gif

And ML...the pw works chica! /images/graemlins/wave.gif
Keep tryin! I should be posting my first real hair pics in January! /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

This is what one of the major drugstores here had to describe the conditioner:
"Exclusive lengthening, texturizing formula for use after shampooing or any time conditioning is needed. Helps stimulate growth and enhances manageability, creating thicker, more natural-looking hair. Also aids in detangling, combing and braiding

After reading that "stimulates growth" and "creating thicker hair" part I think I may join you ladies. It's $7 CAD for 1L..that's AWESOME....<runs out>

[ QUOTE ]
Faith said:
This is what one of the major drugstores here had to describe the conditioner:
"Exclusive lengthening, texturizing formula for use after shampooing or any time conditioning is needed. Helps stimulate growth and enhances manageability, creating thicker, more natural-looking hair. Also aids in detangling, combing and braiding

After reading that "stimulates growth" and "creating thicker hair" part I think I may join you ladies. It's $7 CAD for 1L..that's AWESOME....<runs out>

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel where u r girl...SG knows I was suckin my teeth when she was first pushin it...but now I'm hooked. I could see and feel the difference after the first use.

Hey, if u don't like it..at least you didn't spend an arm and a leg for it. If you do, then you've found a reasonably priced find! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

Again, I'm mad..I'm sounding like a damn commercial. I probably will cop some more items in the line during my replenishment of stash in January.

LOL @ Mona. What kind of changes did you see/feel after the first use? I am a little apprehensive it seems like it's hard to detangle with the conditioner???

Hey Mona!! /images/graemlins/wave.gif On my next purchase I will be buying thr big ghetto size bottles!!! I may try the strengthener and hairdress as well!!

Hey Ijust read where SG said she mad bra strap and possibly more!!! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

[ QUOTE ]
MonaLisa said:
[ QUOTE ]
mrslee said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Y'all are sweet...thx much my LHCF Sistahs! /images/graemlins/kiss.gif

And ML...the pw works chica! /images/graemlins/wave.gif
Keep tryin! I should be posting my first real hair pics in January! /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Lil' Mamas!! /images/graemlins/wave.gif

Mona, I CAN'T WAIT til January to see the new pix!!! Also, I think MrsLee had the same problem I did w/the password. It's all lowercase, but in your signature there is a capital M. I'm sure by now she's been able to get in.

[ QUOTE ]
Faith said:
LOL @ Mona. What kind of changes did you see/feel after the first use? I am a little apprehensive it seems like it's hard to detangle with the conditioner???

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm...hard to explain...I have fine hair, I was 10 wks post touch up when I used it...my hair was very soft, yet felt strong and had minimal hair loss. I left that sucka on my hair for an hour plus too. I detangle very gently with a wide tooth comb, I really don't have a lot of detangling issues.

The conditioner has protein, but also moisturizing properties like Coconut Oil, Glycerin and Lanolin which
I think help with the softness.

@ML - Yeah I peeped SG's making BSL! I told her she was going through that hair anorexia bug that's going around...lol. Give reviews on your next MNT purchases! /images/graemlins/lick.gif

Thanks Mona...I have fine hair as well. I'll buy it tomorrow but use it in another 2 weeks. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hey You Guys,

OMG, I have been unable to access this site for 2 DAYS!!!! Wow, you never know how much you depend on LHCF until you can't use it. I had access for about 20 minutes yesterday, then my Fiance's computer started acting up. I'd started a post here and wasn't able to complete, but oh well, I'm back.

And happy to here that Faith will start using MNT!!! That's awesome /images/graemlins/clap.gif. Faith, when I first started using MNT, I had the same experience as Mona, but I use it as a leave-in. The biggest thing I notice is very little or no breakage/shedding, and it feels very strong.

SG

Oops- forgot to tell you the most important news...

I REACHED MY GOAL!!!!! /images/graemlins/clap.gif /images/graemlins/rofl.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif
Although, after hearing from Mona and MrsLee, I think I was already there /images/graemlins/smile.gif but now I'm REALLY there!

I do believe the MNT has helped tremendously, because I had waaaaaay more NG than normal. My hair felt so heavy after I relaxed it, and very strong. I know that my regimen is working because I haven't been Surging, I only waited 9 weeks, and I must have had at least 2 1/2 inches! I can't wait to take pix.

Yeah Mane N Tail /images/graemlins/clap.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Faith said:
Thanks Mona...I have fine hair as well. I'll buy it tomorrow but use it in another 2 weeks. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

YW! Let us know how it turns out! I was like let me hurry up and post while I have a chance! Getting onto the site has been like..work! I'm about to break down and poo and slap on some MNT myself! I thought I could make it two weeks...but nada! My hair is like NOooooooooooooooooooo!

And congrats again to the MNT President on her BSL achievement before the close of 2004! /images/graemlins/weird.gif

Back