The Official Mane 'N Tail Users Club

PanamasOwn

I didnt even know anyone else used this. I have been using MNT moisturzing conditoner as a leave in for years!!

Since I BC'd and went to texlaxing it is the only thing that keeps my curls moist and soft. I use this on damp hair and then seal with castor oil. I never use it as a co-wash.

Mahalialee4

Is anyone still using this as a co wash or as a leave in and who is using it on natural hair for either or both? Would love to hear some testimonial results. Thank you for all replies.

Angelicus

I am still using it as a leave-in, conditioner, and co-wash conditioner. It is in rotation with the dominican products that I use. Love it! Please try it as a leave-in if you have coarse, thick hair.

Traycee

I've fallen in love with Mane N Tail.....I deep condition with the Mane n Tail Moisturizing Deep Conditioner and use the Moisturizing/texturizer for co-washes...

Mane n Tail completely slowed down all of my shedding and allowed me to continue to stretch my relaxer

Blessed2bless

I just started using it again after 15 years and it's doing great for my co-washing my braids....I hope it helps with my shedding...

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I picked this up about a Week Ago and will introduce it into my Rotation in the Protein is My Friend Challenge and Also Step It Up on the Growth Aids 3.

I plan to use it as a Protein Co-Wash Treatment.:grin:

lexielex

I picked this shampoo and conditioner up at sally's and will start using it in my rotation after Traycee's reveiws on her blog. They are buy one get one free at Sally's this month if anyone wants to pick them up.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I picked this up about a Week Ago and will introduce it into my Rotation in the Protein is My Friend Challenge and Also Step It Up on the Growth Aids 3.

I plan to use it as a Protein Co-Wash Treatment.:grin:

I forgot to add that I also have the Mane N Tail Olive Oil Complex Leave In Creme Theraphy for Maximum Volume & Shine.:lick:

I am Baggying with this.:yep:

MonaLisa

As a founding member of the club...
I dug in my stash pulled out my MNT conditioner, strengthener and shine spray - bringing back into rotation..

*complexed as to why I stopped...I don't remember having a problem when I used*

MonaLisa

Does anyone use the strengthener? If so how do you like it and do you consider it alot of protein.

This is what I have and the only one that I'm aware of..
http://www.beautyofnewyork.com/shopping/product_view.php?itemCode=5XBL230107KE0219&base

I haven't used it in some time but will be revisiting it, but I cannot recall having any issue with this product. It does contain hydrolyzed keratin protein, but it is not uppermost on the ingredient list.

I mainly used when heat was going to be involved or just from time to time spraying on my ends.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I have the Conditioner and the Olive Oil Growth Theraphy Leave-In Treatment and so far, I really like them both.

I Co-Wash with the Conditioner when I need that extra added Protein Boost and I use the jar of Leave-In as well because it has a nice consistency, works well on my hair, plesant smelling and resonably priced. I will alternate between that and Mega-Tek as a Scalp Treatment.:look:

Overall, I have been pleased with both Mane 'N Tail Products I am using.

Mertzy

I bought the MNT detangler after seeing a review by Traycee. I used it Thursday night after I washed and I loved how it left my hair feeling. It gave it moisture and it seemed to melt any tangles away. I love it, it's a keeper. I'm thinking about trying a few other things from this line.

MonaLisa

^^^
I'm fine haired..never had an issue with the product.
I've used/using the Original.

See if you can find a bss that carries the 2 oz bottles if you just want to try it out without getting a larger bottle

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I've been contemplating trying Mane n' Tail products too after using up the shampoos and conditioners that I currently have.

Child0fGod

WOOT WOOT ORIGINAL MANE & TAIL!!

i've been using it since 2005; four years! i love this horse-stuff! lol!!
recommended x10! :grin: check my length :spinning::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:

beans4reezy

I have always confused Mane N Tail with MTG. Once I have used up my Aphogee products, I may give this a try. I am getting my reggie together right now for 2010

Child0fGod

Trying to keep this thread alive. I heard a lot of great things about this line for years and have started using the conditioner for my UBH recipe.

What I'm wondering is does anyone actually use the entire line like the other products. I'm interested in switching my ENTIRE regimen to this line. What do yall think of the other products? Especially the Herbal Gro Line it looks SO promising
There's a whole LIST of them on the site which include

ShampooConditionerDeep Moisturizing
Shampoo
Deep Moisturizing
Conditioner
DetanglerHair Strengthener Shine OnOlive Oil CremeReplenishing ConditionerHerbal Gro Hair System

Braid Sheen SprayHair DressingHerbal-Gro &
Maximum Herbal-Gro
Carrot Oil CremeRevitalizing CremeReconstructorBarrierGentle Clarifying ShampooShea Butter & Aloe CremeAnti-Dandruff

whoa! amazing list of products! thank you for listing.
i've never considered researching their product line online.

i've only used the original mane 'n tail shampoo and conditioner. love them both. will definitely be buying more of their products... it's all i use! :yep:

sheba1

whoa! amazing list of products! thank you for listing.
i've never considered researching their product line online.

i've only used the original mane 'n tail shampoo and conditioner. love them both. will definitely be buying more of their products... it's all i use! :yep:

That length is sayin somethin! :yep: Do you mind giving a rundown of your reggie? Do you do any moisturizing DCs to balance the mane 'n tail?

Child0fGod

That length is sayin somethin! :yep: Do you mind giving a rundown of your reggie? Do you do any moisturizing DCs to balance the mane 'n tail?

tyvm :) i just joined this forum and really have never had a regimen.
soooo i guess i'm still learning with the best of them :yep:. but, can give you a product list...

• Organic Olive Oil Root Stimulator (been using for a long time-- after i began i noticed a difference in length in combination with discontinuing heat: began growing longer; have always had thick hair).
  • The Original Mane 'N Tail Shampoo & Conditioner (have used since 2005, but i rarely wash my hair; only on occasions but i just began learning how to care for my hair since joining LHCF so i will be the only one doing my hair from now on). will also begin deep conditioning next hair wash... just learned what this was, LOL. never have done it before.
short list.
the above is all i use/do.

hth, :)

sheba1

Yet another healthy head of hair that proves simplicity is king. Thank you so much for sharing!

I'm hiding my hair under wigs for the cooler months. My hair is in braids underneath and I cowash daily. I already have some mane 'n tail conditioner so I'll add that to the cowash rotation! Thanks again!