There are Two Stories that Have Me Wondering....

LucieLoo12

Nice&Wavy

I lovvvvee your hair :drool::drool:
(*note to self, Thou shall not covet) :lachen:

ok back to the thread...:look:

So the church thing, how they gone say its not in the "spirit" of the community..The only spirit they need to be concerned about is the Holy Spirit. Thats a hot mess.I would defintely find another church! ASAP

And I have nothing to say about Joel Osteen..I may watch out of boredom or because Im curious :look:

Guitarhero

1 John 4:20

If anyone says, "I love God," yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen.

Little bitty ignorant Kentucky pastors, included. Besides that, we are all from two earthly parents of the same blood, Adam and Eve. Race is a bogus social construct.

lilanie

Appalling, yes. Shocking, not in the least bit... At least they are bold enough to say it aloud ~ whereas west of the Mason Dixon, something like this would be alot more obtuse...

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member

The Church vote was 9-6

I'm sorry, but if this is what rules their Church, somebody must be an awfully big bully....

The prejudice is indeed wrong, however God just did them a favour. Jesus said if you go into a town and they don't accept you, wipe the dust off your feet and move on to the next.

Okay... now I'm off to read up on Pastor Joel :bookworm: See who he's afraid of now. :look:

Shimmie

Staff member
I gonna start a reality show all my own...called 'Unafraid to say Jesus'.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
That's it...it's a Bully.... :lol:

The Church vote was 9-6

I'm sorry, but if this is what rules their Church, somebody must be an awfully big bully....

The prejudice is indeed wrong, however God just did them a favour. Jesus said if you go into a town and they don't accept you, wipe the dust off your feet and move on to the next.

Okay... now I'm off to read up on Pastor Joel :bookworm: See who he's afraid of now. :look:

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
^^ :lachen: @ pew-pew...

but seriously..that's such a sad thing to read. I remember my mom was visiting a multicultural church in Texas, and the pastor had them do an exercise, asking each person to turn around to the person behind them and say something to them along the lines of "I'm no better than you"....well, she was sitting behind a white woman and when ole gurl turned around... her face was :blush: and she could barely mumble to my mom what the pastor instructed her to say... My mom still laughs at that. What can you do but laugh..God bless them all....

Shimmie

Staff member

but seriously..that's such a sad thing to read. I remember my mom was visiting a multicultural church in Texas, and the pastor had them do an exercise, asking each person to turn around to the person behind them and say something to them along the lines of "I'm no better than you"....well, she was sitting behind a white woman and when ole gurl turned around... her face was :blush: and she could barely mumble to my mom what the pastor instructed her to say... My mom still laughs at that. What can you do but laugh..God bless them all....

It is sad, very sad. They may as well get used to 'us' Black Christians, because Heaven is 'FULL of Us'... quite full. As a matter of fact when they see Peter at the 'Gate', he's Black too.

So what they gonna do, turn around and choose hell? :lol:

Nice & Wavy

@Nice&Wavy

I lovvvvee your hair :drool::drool:
(*note to self, Thou shall not covet) :lachen:

ok back to the thread...:look:

So the church thing, how they gone say its not in the "spirit" of the community..The only spirit they need to be concerned about is the Holy Spirit. Thats a hot mess.I would defintely find another church! ASAP

And I have nothing to say about Joel Osteen..I may watch out of boredom or because Im curious :look:
Thank you, sis :love3: I would find another church as well...a hot mess indeed.

It is indeed the 'spirit' of the community that this FREEWILL Baptist Church is allowing to rule and reign in their midst. Certainly not the Spirit of God. SMH

:thud: :look:
Not the "Spirit of God" is so right....I felt sad posting that nonsense:nono:

1 John 4:20

If anyone says, "I love God," yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen.

Little bitty ignorant Kentucky pastors, included. Besides that, we are all from two earthly parents of the same blood, Adam and Eve. Race is a bogus social construct.
Pastors who behave this way are only pastors in their own right....self-titled bigots who makes decisions base upon selfish ambitions...sickening.:nono: Not sent from God to do the work of the ministry at all.

Appalling, yes. Shocking, not in the least bit... At least they are bold enough to say it aloud ~ whereas west of the Mason Dixon, something like this would be alot more obtuse...
That boldness reveals that they are under a false rule that comes from satan and does not have the Spirit of the King of kings and Lord of lords.

The Church vote was 9-6

Bully is right....this is a hot mess.

I'm sure Jesus is saying "they don't want you there.....and they don't want me there either."

I gonna start a reality show all my own...called 'Unafraid to say Jesus'.
:lol:...it may sound like a reality show that's doing a good thing, but as a pastor....WHAT ARE YOU DOING? Now, that's a hot mess too:nono:

That's it...it's a Bully.... :lol:
:lol::lol:, yeah, Laela!

I'm just sayin'... this is ridiculous. I wouldn't want to sit in their "pew-pew" anyway.
:lachen:...pepe la pew-pew!

Racism is something else...people are more blatant with it now since Obama became president, than I've seen in a long time...you are right, we have to laugh because their minds are so small.

OUCH! lol :look:
:lol:

Shimmie

Staff member
Thank you, sis :love3: I would find another church as well...a hot mess indeed.

Not the "Spirit of God" is so right....I felt sad posting that nonsense:nono:

Pastors who behave this way are only pastors in their own right....self-titled bigots who makes decisions base upon selfish ambitions...sickening.:nono: Not sent from God to do the work of the ministry at all.

That boldness reveals that they are under a false rule that comes from satan and does not have the Spirit of the King of kings and Lord of lords.

Bully is right....this is a hot mess.

I'm sure Jesus is saying "they don't want you there.....and they don't want me there either."

:lol:...it may sound like a reality show that's doing a good thing, but as a pastor....WHAT ARE YOU DOING? Now, that's a hot mess too:nono:

:lol::lol:, yeah, Laela!

:lachen:...pepe la pew-pew!
Racism is something else...people are more blatant with it now since Obama became president, than I've seen in a long time...you are right, we have to laugh because their minds are so small.

:lol:

:lachen: @ "Pepe" ...

lilanie

Wow, what in the wide world of sports is going on with Joel???? (skittish about uttering Pastor)....

That's some Spirtual malpractice right thurr...

Shimmie

Staff member
Wow, what in the wide world of sports is going on with Joel???? (skittish about uttering Pastor)....

That's some Spirtual malpractice right thurr...

:lol: @ WWOS (Wide World of Sports)... That's so unique and a cute way of saying ... :huh:

nathansgirl1908

I'm not shocked about the racism in that church. Nothing new there. It just got put on blast.

As for Joel Osteen I'm withholding disparaging comments until I actually see the show. But in the days where reality shows are about unwed couples sexing and having babies and drinking and partying, I think his show would be refreshing.

I have mixed feelings about Joel. I think he is repetitive but I'm not ready to call him a fraud or even suggest it. I enjoy some of his messages and think they are useful. Everyone doesn't always want to hear about fire and damnation all the time. I think he paints the picture of a loving God and not a God so remote and removed. Having said that, I don't believe in prosperity doctrine but he's definitely not the worst I've seen about the prosperity doctrine. And people can say what they want about his finances, but his finances have not yet been revealed to be questionable. Unlike some others like Creflo and Eddie Long and Paula White.

Shimmie

Staff member
I'm not shocked about the racism in that church. Nothing new there. It just got put on blast.

As for Joel Osteen I'm withholding disparaging comments until I actually see the show. But in the days where reality shows are about unwed couples sexing and having babies and drinking and partying, I think his show would be refreshing.

I have mixed feelings about Joel. I think he is repetitive but I'm not ready to call him a fraud or even suggest it. I enjoy some of his messages and think they are useful. Everyone doesn't always want to hear about fire and damnation all the time.

I think he paints the picture of a loving God and not a God so remote and removed.

Having said that, I don't believe in prosperity doctrine but he's definitely not the worst I've seen about the prosperity doctrine. And people can say what they want about his finances, but his finances have not yet been revealed to be questionable. Unlike some others like Creflo and Eddie Long and Paula White.

nathansgirl1908, the bolded... this is exactly what he's doing and it makes sense. I can understand him not wanting to present Christians in a negative light and God who loves all.

I wish there was a way to do so without minimizing the Truth when it comes to controversial subjects.

This is a good post :up: which has me thinking and taking the time to look into what's really going on with Joel.

Goombay_Summer

My responds to the first post

Benny Hinn because I loved the verbal tongue-lashing he gave Joel when he could not stand on what the Word has to say about salvation, team Benny (John 14:6).

nathansgirl1908

My responds to the first post

Benny Hinn because I loved the verbal tongue-lashing he gave Joel when he could not stand on what the Word has to say about salvation, team Benny (John 14:6).

Benny Hinn was revealed to be a fraud. He can lash at Joel all he wants but potentially being a false prophet is no better.

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
Racism

*blows raspberries*

I don’t care anymore about the topic; it has no power over me unless I give it. Just another tool for refinement. If people choose to damage their souls and stifle their spirits like that, they have to answer to Him and only He can fix their hearts.

Ugh! I cannot wait until this phony man and others like him are no longer household names. If you have to get inspired to see God a certain way or feel good about your life, you just insulted the Holy Spirit. Ear-tickling at its most subtle takes advantage of the trials of life to con people out of their money and turn over their souls to men. Does everyone forget we have to be purged by His Fire (Isaiah 4:4, Matthew 3:11, Luke 3:16) in order to get closer to Him, to get filled up by Him? What do the words, “My Kingdom is not of this world,” do people not get?

Judgment is here and He is shining His Light in the dark and hidden places to expose these people for who they are. He will have a pure Bride, a healthy Body for His Son; do not get caught in His way.

nathansgirl1908

Racism

*blows raspberries*

I don’t care anymore about the topic; it has no power over me unless I give it. Just another tool for refinement. If people choose to damage their souls and stifle their spirits like that, they have to answer to Him and only He can fix their hearts.

I think I'm kind of at this point myself. Granted I still get somewhat annoyed when I deal with racism in my career, but you're right. We shouldnt give it power anymore. Just place it on the altar. :yep::yep: