There are Two Stories that Have Me Wondering....

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
I'm not trying to be funny, but what is the 'extra' for?

I most certainly disagree the Body of Christ is powerless... the Holy Spirit is amidst

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
I'm not trying to be funny, but what is the 'extra' for?
[/quote]If a household has an after-tax income one week of $1000 and its bills (housing, food, gas, clothing, utilities, etc.) for that week total $700, $300 is the surplus. Whatever, whenever and wherever I feel lead to give for the Kingdom, I give and we have fun with the rest.

I most certainly disagree the Body of Christ is powerless... the Holy Spirit is amidst
Yeah, we in the West have turned Him into “life support” as in “support my life and wants”—lukewarm. Where is the power? Where is the separation from the world? What about the full manifestations of the nine gifts (tools) of the Holy Spirit on the regular? Why do so many preach again them? Why do so few understand we all are to exercise the gift of prophecy (getting a word from Him)? Why are there so few willing to sacrifice everything on His altar daily to get His will? What about the spiritual war we are supposed to engage? Why is the world growing wickeder and more antichrist everyday? Where is the repentance, the guiding of the entire world on our knees and faces en masse? I could go on and on, but I cannot make anyone see what I and others around me see. Ask Him; He will show you what He has shown me and what is to come.

LucieLoo12

I know. In the words of Paul Washer "What people are calling the church is not the church"..but there is always a remnant that God has. I;m just making sure Im in the remnant. Ive noticed that the body of Christ lack intimacy with God.Some many people think that just going to church is ok. But who is tarrying before? Who is crying out for more of Him? Church is a place that teaches me how to seek God....but seeking starts after you leave the church house..

*sigh* I know. At some future date (after chastisement) the Body will be at full power worldwide. I pray I will be alive to see it.

Iwanthealthyhair67

true and many times we don't even pick up our bibles until we go to church...so if we are only attending once a week first service (early morning one to an hour and a half) then that's the only time we are seeking him ...

I know. In the words of Paul Washer "What people are calling the church is not the church"..but there is always a remnant that God has. I;m just making sure Im in the remnant. Ive noticed that the body of Christ lack intimacy with God.Some many people think that just going to church is ok. But who is tarrying before? Who is crying out for more of Him? Church is a place that teaches me how to seek God....but seeking starts after you leave the church house..[/QUOTE]

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
That's my point....:look:

I know. In the words of Paul Washer "What people are calling the church is not the church"..but there is always a remnant that God has. I;m just making sure Im in the remnant. Ive noticed that the body of Christ lack intimacy with God.Some many people think that just going to church is ok. But who is tarrying before? Who is crying out for more of Him? Church is a place that teaches me how to seek God....but seeking starts after you leave the church house..

LucieLoo12

Someone gave me this illustration and it stuck with me

If you eat today alll day long, i mean hamburgers, steak, fries, pizza, whatever..it dont matter..You will still be hungry tomorrow. And you will still need to eat. How much more our Spirit man? We cant just get a overload of the word of God on Sunday and be ok. Our spirit man will die too, it needs to be fed daily as well.....