Things NOT in the Bible

varaneka

When praises go up, blessings come down

God helps those who help themselves

The Bible does not say that money is the root of all evil. It says the love of money is a root of all types of evil.

Cleanliness is Next to Godliness

** Although a lot of sayings have concepts that are present in the Bible, many of them are not quotes from Scripture **

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
This is true.... esp the root of all evil one. :yep:

"For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many "sorrows."

We can't argue with the Word of God. But I agree there are times we -- including me -- can mis-quote. God help us with this.

Good post!

Last edited:

MizzBrown

Keep posting, cause you could write a book on what folks say that is NOT in the bible...

Its to the point where I ask "chapter and verse please" to verify.

momi

Keep posting, cause you could write a book on what folks say that is NOT in the bible...

Its to the point where I ask "chapter and verse please" to verify.

Me too? I just lean my head to the side and say :Oh really - where exactly is that located?:

where did this come from?

I think the quote is based on this scripture.

I Corinthians 10:13
There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

Also, I'm no Bible scholar by any means, but I think a lot of sayings that sound Biblical are at least paraphrased scripture or scripture that has been reworded into a catchy phrase.

Honestly, I have to wonder if this is really a road that most Christians want to go down with any seriousness. There are a lot of concepts that are generally accepted by most Christians that are not scriptural, like Easter and Christmas, like "forgive and forget" (which is not word-for-word in the Bible). Should those concepts be abandoned because they're not spelled out? Certainly not, IMO. Also, should you rule out sayings or concepts that are grounded in wisdom (e.g. "look both ways before crossing the street" and "just say 'no'") just because they're not in the Bible? No way.

It is entertaining, though, to see what "in there" and what's not. (I think that's what OP is doing). Good for a head-scratching moment or two.

Ms_Twana

:lachen:I meant where do you think people got the saying from that they confuse it with scripture

Ooohhh......:lachen:

What she said below!!! :lachen: Which basically means He will not put us in a situation of tempt, and not offer us a way out as well.

I think the quote is based on this scripture.

I Corinthians 10:13
There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

Last edited:

Laela

Good article to ponder....

God Helps Those Who Help Themselves
Monday, November 22nd, 2010
As written and presented by Mary Whelchel

'God helps those who help themselves.' Do you know where that's found in the Bible? Let me stop you before you head for your concordance, because it's not in the Bible. It's just one of those things we've heard all our lives and it sounds good, so we tend to accept it for the truth.

Well, there is some truth in it. God has given us opportunities, skills, gifts, and abilities, and he expects us to be good stewards of our resources. The parable of the talents teaches us that doctrine very strongly. The servant who didn't do a thing with his one talent was strongly reprimanded by the master, and his one talent was taken away from him. And for those two servants who were good stewards and worked hard, they received commendation and rewards, and their gifts were increased.

So, we know that God does not honor us when we sit around on our hands and wait for good things to happen to us. In that sense, he helps those who help themselves.

However, we need to be very careful that we don't take this too far, because we cannot do anything to earn our rights with God, to put him in obligation to us, or to force him to help us. We have to constantly recognize our total dependence on him for anything we attempt.

David, the shepherd boy, is a good example. When he faced Goliath, he was willing to step out in faith and do something. But listen to what he said as he faced Goliath: 'You come against me with sword and spear and javelin, but I come against you in the name of the Lord Almighty, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. This day the Lord will hand you over to me... for the battle is the Lord's and he will give all of you into our hands' (I Samuel 17:45 - 47).

David didn't sit down and say, 'Lord, zap Goliath.' He used his talents and gifts as a marksman, but he went in the name of the Lord Almighty, recognizing that it was God's battle, not his. God helped David, not because David helped himself, but because David depended totally on God, and was willing to act in faith.

You see, when we start to believe that God helps those who help themselves, then we can easily start to take credit for our accomplishments. 'Well,' David might have said, 'because of my great abilities with a slingshot, I was able to kill that giant.' Instead he gave all the glory to God, because he knew that it was God's battle and God had won it.

So, when you hear someone say 'God helps those who help themselves,' remind yourself that you should work as though it depends on you and pray as though it depends on God.

makeupgirl

What about when people say "God told me to tell you....". I don't know why but it irks me when I hear someone say that, because it feels like the telephone game and I don't know if that person is for real or not. Especially, when usually what that person has said that God has told them to say, is not in alignment with the word of God.

Oh and my fav "God don't like ugly" I want to scream each time I here this and ask, where in the bible do you see this?

Last edited:

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Things not in the Bible...

Goodness does not get you into the kingdom of Heaven

You don't have to be good to get to Heaven

We sin daily therefore we must ask for forgiveness and repent daily

You must tithe 10% of your gross income to a church that you are a member of

You will be blessed because you tithe

You must be a church member

You need your "church"

Going to church will keep you close to God

Christians are just sinners saved by grace

We should work for God

Salvation is you giving your life to Jesus Christ

God needs you

God wants you to be happy

Your greatest responsibility is to serve God and the "church"

fifi134

We should work for God

Those may not be explicitly stated in the Bible, but they are true, Pooh...

Last edited:

Nonie

And the famous God will never give us more than we can bare.

This is in the Bible:

No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.
2 Corinthians 10:13

Nonie

Cleanliness is Next to Godliness

:giggle: Maybe this came from this passage where people are given advice on cleanliness because their camp must be holy:

12 Designate a place outside the camp where you can go to relieve yourself. 13 As part of your equipment have something to dig with, and when you relieve yourself, dig a hole and cover up your excrement. 14 For the LORD your God moves about in your camp to protect you and to deliver your enemies to you. Your camp must be holy, so that he will not see among you anything indecent and turn away from you.
Deuteronomy 23:12-14

Poohbear

We should work for God

Those may not be explicitly stated in the Bible, but they are true, Pooh...
I disagree. No, they are not true...

People use this statement before saying "it's salvation in Jesus that gets you into the kingdom of Heaven." The latter part is true, but people use this statement to do all kinds of hell and sin and then claim that they are a child of God.

We sin daily
This is not true either. I know I do not sin daily, and I'm sure you haven't either. If we sin daily, then what is the point of trying to live right? Is everyone going to heaven? Is what Jesus did on the cross just pointless?

You must tithe 10% of your gross income
No where in the bible does it say this. This is simply NOT true. This is a crutch used for churches to get money out of people. Point blank. The bible simply says to be a cheerful giver and give as you are able to give and to give without force nor grundgingly.

The Bible speaks of being part of the Church of God or Body of Christ... not a member of a local church building that's run as a business.

A true Christian is not a sinner in the sense of continual on-going sin. People also use this statement to support their sins.

We should work for God
This simply isn't true. We cannot work our way to salvation or to gain favor with God.

Salvation is Jesus giving HIS life to US. Not the other way around.

No it's not. It's to glorify God, to live a holy life, and to love everyone.

Laela

I disagree. No, they are not true...
People use this statement before saying "it's salvation in Jesus that gets you into the kingdom of Heaven." The latter part is true, but people use this statement to do all kinds of hell and sin and then claim that they are a child of God.

The bottom line is this: Doing “good” is not enough. A person can do good things and be considered "good and decent" all their life, and die and go to hell if they never made Jesus Lord of their life.
In John 14:6, Jesus said, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

For one who has accepted Jesus, it’s not of their own fleshly doing that they are good, but through Grace. With the help of the Holy Spirit, they make Godly choices/decisions and actions. God is as committed to the person who is committed to Him.

We sin daily
This is not true either. I know I do not sin daily, and I'm sure you haven't either. If we sin daily, then what is the point of trying to live right? Is everyone going to heaven? Is what Jesus did on the cross just pointless?

This is good to know you don’t sin, Pooh.

1 Peter 1:13-16
Therefore, prepare your minds for action; be self-controlled; set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed. As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance. But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written: "Be holy, because I am holy." [NIV]

I agree. A righteous person won’t be subjected to sin or choose to sin:
Romans 6: 12-15
Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

1 John 3:7-10[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. He who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous.

Also remember 1 John 1:8

If we say we have no sin [refusing to admit that we are sinners], we delude and lead ourselves astray, and the Truth [which the Gospel presents] is not in us [does not dwell in our hearts]. [Amplified]

This is something between you and God.. no one else.
:yep:

You must tithe 10% of your gross income
No where in the bible does it say this. This is simply NOT true. This is a crutch used for churches to get money out of people. Point blank. The bible simply says to be a cheerful giver and give as you are able to give and to give without force nor grundgingly.

That’s it right there; a person who has God’s character won’t need to be coerced or persuaded to give. Godly people are already givers and they give for His sake, not for anyone else’s.
In Malachi 3:8 God answers this question:
"
Will a man rob God ? Yet you have robbed Me! But you say, `In what way have we robbed You?' In tithes and offerings."

The definition of the word “tithe” derives from the Hebrew word, asair , which means to give the tenth part of. [Strong's Exhaustive Concordance]
The law of tithing has to do with honor. God has divine ownership of everything, we are merely stewards of all His possessions and what He blesses us with.
PSALMS 24:1 The earth is the Lord's, and all its fullness, The world and those who dwell therein

Covenant people honor their Covenant with God.

If a minister gets in the way of someone's covenant with God, through coercion, or whatever, they have to answer to God for that.

The Bible speaks of being part of the Church of God or Body of Christ... not a member of a local church building that's run as a business.

God’s Word doesn’t explicitly say one must “be a member of an organization” but it does say to not forsake the assembly. The PEOPLE comprise "the church", not the building. So if that assembly is gathered at a specific building, so be it.

Hebrews 10: 24-25
And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.

If a person doesn’t want to go to a “church” building and choose to assemble with other believers, they are still obeying God. To choose not to assemble at all with other believers and worship all by mySELF, is living in disobedience to God. Love God, love people. Those are the two greatest commandments... there's no way around this.

A true Christian is not a sinner in the sense of continual on-going sin. People also use this statement to support their sins.

A saved person won’t continue in to live in sin, I agree this is a misused statement.

We should work for God
This simply isn't true. We cannot work our way to salvation or to gain favor with God.

I believe this to be true: Being Righteous and being a Child of God involves servitude and has everything to do with being humble:

Colossians 3:23
“Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people. Remember that the Lord will give you an inheritance as your reward, and that the Master you are serving is Christ. [NIV]

And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance; for[a] you serve the Lord Christ. [NKJ}

Salvation is Jesus giving HIS life to US. Not the other way around.

This is two-fold. Salvation (the saving of mankind through Jesus’ death) is free and available to all, but God cannot save anyone who doesn’t willingly give their life to Him, through Jesus. Disbelief is the antithesis to Faith... it takes Faith to believe.
1 Corinthians 15:1-4

Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

No it's not. It's to glorify God, to live a holy life, and to love everyone.

This is TRUE. God help us that the “church” isn’t included in everyone. :lol:

In Luke 10:27, Jesus told us what the Two Greatest Commandments are:

“...Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with thy entire mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.”

That “neighbor” is people, including Brothers and Sisters in Christ. Do this, Jesus said, and we shall live.

Poohbear

Laela,

You're not getting what I am saying...

The bottom line is this: Doing “good” is not enough. A person can do good things and be considered "good and decent" all their life, and die and go to hell if they never made Jesus Lord of their life.
In John 14:6, Jesus said, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

For one who has accepted Jesus, it’s not of their own fleshly doing that they are good, but through Grace. With the help of the Holy Spirit, they make Godly choices/decisions and actions. God is as committed to the person who is committed to Him.

I did NOT say NOR imply that doing "good" is enough. Yes, Jesus IS the way, the truth, and the life, but people do not act like it. Some think they can be "bad" or live a sinful lifestyle and still get into the kingdom of Heaven.

This is good to know you don’t sin, Pooh.

1 Peter 1:13-16
Therefore, prepare your minds for action; be self-controlled; set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed. As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance. But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written: "Be holy, because I am holy." [NIV]

I agree. A righteous person won’t be subjected to sin or choose to sin:
Romans 6: 12-15
Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

1 John 3:7-10[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. He who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous.

Also remember 1 John 1:8

If we say we have no sin [refusing to admit that we are sinners], we delude and lead ourselves astray, and the Truth [which the Gospel presents] is not in us [does not dwell in our hearts]. [Amplified]

This is something between you and God.. no one else.
:yep:
I did NOT say "I do not sin". I said "I do not sin DAILY!" There is a difference in those two statements...

However, I DO believe once I become a TRUE Christian, I can overcome all sin and unrighteousness through the power of Jesus Christ as the Bible teaches.

When 1 John 1:8 says "If we say we have no sin" it is not talking about refusing to admit we are sinners, it is talking about a Christian refusing to admit that he/she once was a sinner. Sin is referring to our inherited sin nature from Adam... not the action of committing sins. This verse is NOT an excuse for Christians to sin all day every day or whenever they want to yield to temptations of the flesh. People commonly use this verse to support the sins that they love to commit.

That’s it right there; a person who has God’s character won’t need to be coerced or persuaded to give. Godly people are already givers and they give for His sake, not for anyone else’s.
In Malachi 3:8 God answers this question:
"
Will a man rob God ? Yet you have robbed Me! But you say, `In what way have we robbed You?' In tithes and offerings."

The definition of the word “tithe” derives from the Hebrew word, asair , which means to give the tenth part of. [Strong's Exhaustive Concordance]
The law of tithing has to do with honor. God has divine ownership of everything, we are merely stewards of all His possessions and what He blesses us with.
PSALMS 24:1 The earth is the Lord's, and all its fullness, The world and those who dwell therein

Covenant people honor their Covenant with God.

If a minister gets in the way of someone's covenant with God, through coercion, or whatever, they have to answer to God for that.
Malachi is commonly used to coerce people to give 10% of their gross income. That verse does NOT say "You are robbing God if you do not give 10% of your gross income." Man made up the 10% of your gross income. Not God.

God’s Word doesn’t explicitly say one must “be a member of an organization” but it does say to not forsake the assembly. The PEOPLE comprise "the church", not the building. So if that assembly is gathered at a specific building, so be it.

Hebrews 10: 24-25
And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.

If a person doesn’t want to go to a “church” building and choose to assemble with other believers, they are still obeying God. To choose not to assemble at all with other believers and worship all by mySELF, is living in disobedience to God. Love God, love people. Those are the two greatest commandments... there's no way around this.

I agree. I did NOT say we should not assemble with any believers AT ALL.

Last edited:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Malachi is commonly used to coerce people to give 10% of their gross income. That verse does NOT say "You are robbing God if you do not give 10% of your gross income." Man made up the 10% of your gross income. Not God.

:Rose: I know it's difficult to grasp, even to accept much less understand about the measure of tithing [gross vs net], however, God speaks plainly about the Gross of our increase when it comes to tithing; it's indeed the gross not the net :yep:

Leviticus 27:30, 32

30 And all the TITHE of the land, whether of the seed of the land, or of the fruit of the tree, is the LORD's: it is holy unto the LORD.

32 And concerning the TITHE of the herd, or of the flock, even of whatsoever passeth under the rod, the tenth shall be holy unto the LORD.

Numbers 18:26

Thus speak unto the Levites, and say unto them, When ye take of the children of Israel the tithes which I have given you from them for your inheritance, then ye shall offer up an heave offering of it for the LORD, even a tenth part of the TITHE.

Deutoronomy 12:17

Thou mayest not eat within thy gates the TITHE of thy corn, or of thy wine, or of thy oil, or the firstlings of thy herds or of thy flock, nor any of thy vows which thou vowest, nor thy freewill offerings, or heave offering of thine hand:

Deuteronomy 14:22,23,28

Thou shalt truly TITHE all the increase of thy seed, that the field bringeth forth year by year.

23 And thou shalt eat before the LORD thy God, in the place which he shall choose to place his name there, the TITHE of thy corn, of thy wine, and of thine oil, and the firstlings of thy herds and of thy flocks; that thou mayest learn to fear the LORD thy God always.

28 At the end of three years thou shalt bring forth all the TITHE of thine increase the same year, and shalt lay it up within thy gates:

2 Chronicles 31:5

And as soon as the commandment came abroad, the children of Israel brought in abundance the firstfruits of corn, wine, and oil, and honey, and of all the increase of the field; and the TITHE of all things brought they in abundantly.

6 And concerning the children of Israel and Judah, that dwelt in the cities of Judah, they also brought in the TITHE of oxen and sheep, and the TITHE of holy things which were consecrated unto the LORD their God, and laid them by heaps.

NEHEMIAH 10:38

And the priest the son of Aaron shall be with the Levites, when the Levites take tithes: and the Levites shall bring up the TITHE of the tithes unto the house of our God, to the chambers, into the treasure house.

Nehemiah 13:12

Then brought all Judah the TITHE of the corn and the new wine and the oil unto the treasuries.

--------

God makes it plain that it is the firstfruits of our increase that He is expecting from us. The firstfruits comes from the top [the gross], not the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th layer...it's from the top.

Then the remaining 90%, we pay our bills, deductions, taxes, living expenses, hair products for PJ's... etc.

God blesses that 90%. He gives us wisdom for witty inventions, further increases from other sources, favor in the market place, promotions on our jobs, and the flow of His wisdom on how to maintain and continue to gain rather than lose.

In turn, God has promised us in Ecclesiastes, that we will enjoy the fruit of our labour for it is the gift of God. So the tithe has nothing to do with man, it's about God yielding His faithful increase to us as we faithfully yield our increase -- the First Fruits to Him... HIS Gross, NOT man's.

Exodus 23:19

The first of the FIRSTFRUITS of thy land thou shalt bring into the house of the LORD thy God.

Deuteronomy 26:10

And now, behold, I have brought the FIRSTFRUITS of the land, which thou, O LORD, hast given me. And thou shalt set it before the LORD thy God, and worship before the LORD thy God:

As for preachers who take advantage of God's tithe for their own personal misuse... folks have to select the ground into which they plant their seed into. Move onto another who is truly doing the work of God.

Heart Blessngs... :Rose:

Poohbear

@Shimmie,

The phrases that you bolded "all the increase of thy seed" and "all the TITHE of thine increase" and "the TITHE of all things" and "the firstfruits" and "the first of the firstfruits" do NOT mean GROSS INCOME!!! Sorry but it doesn't. We are no longer required to do burnt offerings, meal offerings, drink offerings, or any Old Testament offerings. The firstfruits offering found its fulfillment in Jesus! "Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep" (1 Corinth 15:20). The Christian is under no further obligation than to give cheerfully and liberally (2 Corinthians 9:6-7).

Shimmie

Staff member
@Shimmie,

The phrases that you bolded "all the increase of thy seed" and "all the TITHE of thine increase" and "the TITHE of all things" and "the firstfruits" and "the first of the firstfruits" do NOT mean GROSS INCOME!!! Sorry but it doesn't. We are no longer required to do burnt offerings, meal offerings, drink offerings, or any Old Testament offerings. The firstfruits offering found its fulfillment in Jesus! "Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep" (1 Corinth 15:20). The Christian is under no further obligation than to give cheerfully and liberally (2 Corinthians 9:6-7).
:lol: Pooh... our money [paychecks...Commissions, SSI.. etc.} is the same as the seed. It's an increase for our livlihood. Their seed, cattle, was their paycheck, their increase.

If this is old testament as you say, then why give anything to God as a tithe at all? Why not just keep it? What sense does it make to give what is no longer required? Therefore if one is going to tithe, it has to be as God's Word instructs us to.

I realize folks have a hard time tithing their net, let alone the gross. However, it is what it is. God is not changing His terminology of what is 'Gross' and 'Increase' to appease those who oppose. He is just not going to do so. :nono: For when God maintains His Word, we know that we can trust Him to fulfill each of His promises that He has given us when we obey Him. God is not a pancake who bubbles and flips His mind. God is sovereign; He is fixed; He changes not.

And this has nothing to do with man theory nor those who have Churches which take advantage of this; it has to do with trusting God and allowing Him to bless us as we obey and bless Him as He says.

Therefore the firstfruits of our increase is whatever our paycheck says before the deductions. My money becomes my seed, my grain, my tithe. God always yields His increase. Always. :love2: :Rose:

Guitarhero

I usually think of the tithe through pragmatic means. How else will the building have heat and air conditioning - a multiplying miracle in the collection plate like fishes and bread? :lol:Nope. I figure that if you go more than once and breathe the air, sit your tuchis on the padded seat and take any amount of wisdom with you on your way home, you kinda need to help pay the bill.

Laela

And, so, how is this Law appropriated today, Pooh?

True, we don't have to sacrifice cows, bullocks, etc., but seriously... What do YOU believe: that Jesus' death
did away with God's Law or fulfilled it?

@Shimmie,

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
I usually think of the tithe through pragmatic means. How else will the building have heat and air conditioning - a multiplying miracle in the collection plate like fishes and bread? :lol:Nope. I figure that if you go more than once and breathe the air, sit your tuchis on the padded seat and take any amount of wisdom with you on your way home, you kinda need to help pay the bill.

:lol: @ 'tuchis' :lol:

It's definitely to preserve the House of Worship and it's caregivers and the Sheppard. But also to help those in need. Feeding the poor, the hungry, the naked, those without homes... We give so that others may have as well. :Rose:

Poohbear

Shimmie and Laela,

Why not give ALL THAT WE HAVE like the widow woman in Mark 12!!!!!

:lol: Pooh... our money [paychecks...Commissions, SSI.. etc.} is the same as the seed. It's an increase for our livlihood. Their seed, cattle, was their paycheck, their increase.

If this is old testament as you say, then why give anything to God as a tithe at all? Why not just keep it? What sense does it make to give what is no longer required? Therefore if one is going to tithe, it has to be as God's Word instructs us to.

I realize folks have a hard time tithing their net, let alone the gross. However, it is what it is. God is not changing His terminology of what is 'Gross' and 'Increase' to appease those who oppose. He is just not going to do so. :nono: For when God maintains His Word, we know that we can trust Him to fulfill each of His promises that He has given us when we obey Him. God is not a pancake who bubbles and flips His mind. God is sovereign; He is fixed; He changes not.

And this has nothing to do with man theory nor those who have Churches which take advantage of this; it has to do with trusting God and allowing Him to bless us as we obey and bless Him as He says.

Therefore the firstfruits of our increase is whatever our paycheck says before the deductions. My money becomes my seed, my grain, my tithe. God always yields His increase. Always. :love2: :Rose:

And, so, how is this Law appropriated today, Pooh?

True, we don't have to sacrifice cows, bullocks, etc., but seriously... What do YOU believe: that Jesus' death
did away with God's Law or fulfilled it?

Shimmie

Staff member
Shimmie and Laela,

Why not give ALL THAT WE HAVE like the widow woman in Mark 12!!!!!

Oooooo, I have a testimony to that. When I first started tithing, I had nothing and I mean nothing, I was exactly as the widow with her 2 mites.

My children were so young, and I would go to Church each Sunday, literally giving all that we had. Somehow, I 'Believed' that God was going to fulfill His promises that He has given to me.

All I remember is that we always had a ride to and from Church; my children always had lunch for school and my refrigerator and cupboards were never empty. The rent got paid; I remember opening my Bible one evening and finding two 5 dollar bills inside and I was not the one who placed them there.

Pooh and Laela, it was like gliding through faith, I mean literally gliding through faith. God was literally carrying me and my babies through a time when we have 'nothing'. All I knew is that I believed God. My Pastor's wife came to me one day and said that I reminded her of the 'Widow' with two mites, who gave all that she had.

One blessing came flowing after another. I ended up working as a teacher in our Church and the blessings that flowed and the annointing that came with it while teaching those babies in my Pre-K and Kindergarten classes were beyond words.

God flowed through our lives so fully and all I can remember is that I believed Him and took Him at His word. Now God never asked me to give Him, more than 10% of what we had, however, the 10% that I had seemed so little and unworthy in comparison to what He was doing for me and my children.

Lemme tell you, God is not kidding when He says, "Prove Me". I wasn't even trying to prove God, I just wanted to give Him more than what I had, so I gave it all.

Anyway in answer to your question, why not give it all? Well, God is not asking for it all, only the 10% of our Gross increase. That's all. :love2: