Things NOT in the Bible

maxineshaw

Quoting the scripture :
Mark
12.44 For all they did cast in of their abundance; but she of her want did cast in all that she had, even all her living.

It was giving (she gave all), not tithing (10%).

By the way, thank you for including the remainder of the scripture. I have no idea how it got cut off.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I agree with Crown... the widow woman was giving from the heart, not tithing.

She made an emphatic statement about something in God's holy word (paying tithes with money) that I don't believe is true. That is why I singled out that one line. Either it's in the bible, or it isn't. I am talking about the fact that money existed and was used as a means to pay tithes. BTW, when I use the word reasoning, I am referring to the "give vs. tithe". If she is commanded to tithe and chooses to give all she has, she is in effect paying her tithes as well and with money. "Giving" all that she has does not absolve her of God's commandment. How can she still tithe if she doesn't have anything to do it with? She's already paid it. And with cash. Which was my only point on the matter.

But yeah, agree to disagree.

Abased minds continue. :)
Now I see you are using PAYING a tithe instead of GIVING a tithe. I believe that's the difference right there. Tithing is PAYING money to the church, not GIVING money to the church. Jesus has PAID it all! We owe God nothing monetarily. It's all about spiritual matters now. GIVE money, goods, and services from the heart, not under compulsion.

Last edited:

ebaby

Will a man rob God??? From many of these posts I say yes he/she will, and then will find a way to make it right in their own minds. We are surely living in the last days!!!