Thinning Hair

KrimsonKween

Ladies I need ur help. My edges are really thin and have been for awhile. I am trying to find a way to help my hair grow on the sides. I am currently natrual and I love it. The problem is I have hair everywhere esle but on the sides. I don't want to relax but because the sides are not filling in I feel very self contious. I try to fix my hair so it want look so thin. Right now I am trying the eo mixture for growth.

I can't do the mn bx headaches r so bad. Also I want to massage my hair and scalp but i don't know how. I am scared that if I rub my hair it will break off more.

Current regi
Condish wash 3-4 x weekly w/ hair mayo and eos(my hair feels like crap and feels like something is crawling in it if I don't do it this often)
Leave in redken condish (love love love)
Wet hair and oil 2x daily morning and night (water and pepermint)
Oils (eos jojaba, evoo, and coconut)
No heat
Comb only in shower 2 x mthly
Finger fluff daily

Thanks in advance

I use Nexxus VitaTress Biotin Creme

Im having decent progress considering I also have some permanent follicle damage in that area

I use Nexxus VitaTress Biotin Creme

Im having decent progress considering I also have some permanent follicle damage in that area

That's good to know. I started using ORS fertilizing balm, but had to stop for about 2 weeks because of my relaxer (they recommend that you suspend use for 4 days before and 7 days after a chemical). It seemed like things were working okay before, but after the break, I swear that my edges are looking a little thin again. Since the directions warn that hair loss could occur if the product is put on areas that aren't thin, I wonder if I've made a valid observation or it my eyes are playing tricks on me. :ohwell:

Is there anything I should know about the biotin creme before using it?

I think you should start doing nightly massages with an essential oil mix. Check out this thread. ALWAYS add an oil to your essential oils. DO NOT use them alone.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=973

And read this thread on how to do a scalp massage.
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/312616/mastering_the_perfect_scalp_massage.html

HTH.

Have you tried/had success with this method? Since I already have the EO mixture on hand, I'm going to start massaging it into my temples (I'm stepping away from the ORS temple balm :ohwell:) and areas where I've had breakage.

Do you clarify your hair after DCing or CWing? You could have a build-up of products which is putting stress on your edges. Personally I would'nt use any type of oil-based moisturisers or treatment on my edges, (they can block your pores, except EOs), and would concentrate on clarifying this area more so after cleansing, than the rest of my hair. I have tried almost every concoction going and less has proved to mean more in improving my hair's condition!

MD ur sides look great compared to mine. Mine are so thin u can see the scalp. I relaxed today from being natural for 5 months. My sides were so thin that I could not even cover them up with hair.

At times I really felt ashamed becasue they were just almost bald spots. I relaxed so that you could not see them. I do feel better now. I hated for people to sit on the side of me because I felt like they were looking at my sides.

I relaxed with Mizani butter for sensitve scalp and it turned out really great. I will pray for urs and u pray for mine.:grin:

MD ur sides look great compared to mine. Mine are so thin u can see the scalp. I relaxed today from being natural for 5 months. My sides were so thin that I could not even cover them up with hair.

At times I really felt ashamed becasue they were just almost bald spots. I relaxed so that you could not see them. I do feel better now. I hated for people to sit on the side of me because I felt like they were looking at my sides.

I relaxed with Mizani butter for sensitve scalp and it turned out really great. I will pray for urs and u pray for mine.:grin:

Sure thing. :yep: Filling in your sides is a task and a half. Even when other areas of your hair are responding well to changes in routine, the hairline always seems to be the hold out. :wallbash:

Have you tried/had success with this method? Since I already have the EO mixture on hand, I'm going to start massaging it into my temples (I'm stepping away from the ORS temple balm :ohwell:) and areas where I've had breakage.

No because I was too lazy to do the massages so I wasnt consistent, but I do believe that they work. Just gotta stop being so lazy:wallbash:

No because I was too lazy to do the massages so I wasnt consistent, but I do believe that they work. Just gotta stop being so lazy:wallbash:

I can't say a word because I have to stay on myself to get them done. Even though they only take a couple minutes, it always seems like it's adding SO much time to my morning routine or that I'm SO tired at the end of the day that I don't have a couple extra minutes worth of energy left in me. I'm going to do better this time, though. :yep:

Back