Condish

KrimsonKween

Well ladies my hair is breaking off and I was wondering what could be casuing it. This just started last month.

regi
co-wash 2-3x week (hair mayo)
deep condish hair mayo 1x week
1x shampoo aphogee
1x wk condish aphogee moisture balance (hair is really dry)
1x mthly protein
no heat since nov.
cmb maybe 2-3 x mnthly
Mn mix daily (started Monday 06/16/2008)
2x dly spray with water

They are like little hairs only when I wash or put some leave in on. This moring I just used mn mx and water. I still saw some hair. Could it be that I am shedding this just started last month. I don't comb or mess with my hair alot only in the moring when I am trying to get it right bx it is smushed to my head. I can touch it during the day and no hairs. (massage scalp 1-2x per day)

Also a dumb questions. I had alot of condish left over and I wanted to use them up and not throw them away well I mxed all in one jar could that be the problem. Condish mxed suave, hair mayo, mizani, burts bees. I thought as long as it was a condish it didn't matter.

What can I do. My hair stills seems to be growing it is just breaking.

Eisani

Well ladies my hair is breaking off and I was wondering what could be casuing it. This just started last month.

regi
co-wash 2-3x week (hair mayo)
deep condish hair mayo 1x week
1x shampoo aphogee
1x wk condish aphogee moisture balance (hair is really dry)
1x mthly protein
no heat since nov.
cmb maybe 2-3 x mnthly
Mn mix daily (started Monday 06/16/2008)
2x dly spray with water

They are like little hairs only when I wash or put some leave in on. This moring I just used mn mx and water. I still saw some hair. Could it be that I am shedding this just started last month. I don't comb or mess with my hair alot only in the moring when I am trying to get it right bx it is smushed to my head. I can touch it during the day and no hairs. (massage scalp 1-2x per day)

Also a dumb questions. I had alot of condish left over and I wanted to use them up and not throw them away well I mxed all in one jar could that be the problem. Condish mxed suave, hair mayo, mizani, burts bees. I thought as long as it was a condish it didn't matter.

What can I do. My hair stills seems to be growing it is just breaking.

You have entirely TOO MUCH PROTEIN in your regimen:nono: You're cowashing w/protein (Hair mayo), DCing w/protein(hair mayo) AND doing a hardcore protein once a month? Unh unh suga, you need to up the moisture and cut WAAYYY back on the protein! Try your condish mixture as a DC again w/o the hair mayo and see how you like it.

Last edited:

Irresistible

You have entirely TOO MUCH PROTEIN in your regimen:nono: You're cowashing w/protein (Hair mayo), DCing w/protein(hair mayo) AND doing a hardcore protein once a month? Unh unh suga, you need to up the moisture and cut WAAYYY back on the protein! Try your condish mixture as a DC again w/o the hair mayo and see how you like it.

I agree and thats alot of water......any oils?

TCatt86

I completely agree. I hardly ever use a protein conditioner for my hair. Natural hair more than any other hair needs moisture, moisture, moisture.

KrimsonKween

Okay slap a sister silly. I do use eo and evoo mixed but I thought that since I was using the mn mix and it has alot of oil I did not need any more oils. Also I am trying to find a good moisturizer. I was cantu but my hair does not like it.

I don't want to look like some grease monkey. If I use the mn mix do I still need another oil? Also should I cut back to just co-washing 1x wk since I use water everyday to spray.

Lord have mercy I thought I was doing good. I guess I will have to go back to suave for my daily condish wash. ladies yall help me out before I am totally bald and shrinking in a corner crying and rocking back and forth.

Also should I just lay off the protein for about a month since I already have used so much in my hair.

Mrs. Verde

I would lay off the protein for a hot minute (at least 1, maybe 2 months). I know people talk about the protein/moisture balance. Yes, that is important, but most of us don't need a lot of protein. There have been a few threads on "how to tell if you have over moisturized your hair". You may want to check those out to determine when you need to add protein back into the mix.

Eisani

I would lay off the protein for a hot minute (at least 1, maybe 2 months). I know people talk about the protein/moisture balance. Yes, that is important, but most of us don't need a lot of protein. There have been a few threads on "how to tell if you have over moisturized your hair". You may want to check those out to determine when you need to add protein back into the mix.

:yep: let the protein go and get your moisture back on track. We'll be here for you!