This is what helped me get from scraping APL to an inch past BSB

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Okay, okay I'm talking about wet length here. I'm not BSB yet unless my hair is wet, but it STILL counts for what I'm talkin about! :lachen:

Through most of my journey, my hair has been back in a wet bun. I stopped co washing a few months ago, but still wanted to keep my hair, and especially my ends, moisturized.

So what I do is this: Each day, I take my bun down and saturate it in moisturizer. I make my ends dang near dripping wet and I thoroughly wet my nape too, because it tends to be pretty dry. Then I put my hair in a bun and secure with a satin scrunchie.

This keeps my hair damp and my ends are constantly protected, wet and very moisturized. I have retained every single centimeter of growth that I've gotten :drunk: I went from scraping APL while wet to past BSB while wet in a few months doing this. I'm actually ahead of my schedule to reach BSB by December! :grin:

Just wanted to share. If you wanna reach your goals faster, keep your ends wet and moisturized, it works wonders!!! :yep:

I tried wet bunning from Mon-Thurs last week & ugh! I hated the feel of wet hair all day, but I'm going to try it again this week. Thanks for sharing.

So, are you relaxed or natural? I am relaxed and keeping my hair wet seemed to make it extremely weak and mushy. What's your moisterizer?

prettyfaceANB: I have wet pics in my album :yep:

SuperNova: I'm relaxed. I use Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1 Miracle Worker :grin:

Okay, okay I'm talking about wet length here. I'm not BSB yet unless my hair is wet, but it STILL counts for what I'm talkin about! :lachen:

Through most of my journey, my hair has been back in a wet bun. I stopped co washing a few months ago, but still wanted to keep my hair, and especially my ends, moisturized.

So what I do is this: Each day, I take my bun down and saturate it in moisturizer. I make my ends dang near dripping wet and I thoroughly wet my nape too, because it tends to be pretty dry. Then I put my hair in a bun and secure with a satin scrunchie.

This keeps my hair damp and my ends are constantly protected, wet and very moisturized. I have retained every single centimeter of growth that I've gotten :drunk: I went from scraping APL while wet to past BSB while wet in a few months doing this. I'm actually ahead of my schedule to reach BSB by December! :grin:

Just wanted to share. If you wanna reach your goals faster, keep your ends wet and moisturized, it works wonders!!! :yep:

Interesting, because I would like to keep every centimeter of my hair. So what about the shed hair? How much shed hair are you getting? How often are you combing your hair per week?

CurlyMoo: I'm taking garlic oil supplements, so I have little to no shedding. Probably like 10 a day if that. I comb every single day. If I didn't, I'd get serious knots and tangles. I learned that the hard way :ohwell:

Tanisha77: I used to get them from www.tenderheaded.com but I don't think they sell them anymore :( I went looking on ebay and got a big bag of them for like 5 bucks, but they're not very high quality :perplexed

CurlyMoo: I'm taking garlic oil supplements, so I have little to no shedding. Probably like 10 a day if that. I comb every single day. If I didn't, I'd get serious knots and tangles. I learned that the hard way :ohwell:

Tanisha77: I used to get them from www.tenderheaded.com but I don't think they sell them anymore :( I went looking on ebay and got a big bag of them for like 5 bucks, but they're not very high quality :perplexed

Now you have peaked my interest yet again. I have garlic supplements that I take twice a day to combat the Mega-Tek shedding. How much of a dosage are you taking? Mine is 50mg.

prettyfaceANB: I have wet pics in my album :yep:

SuperNova: I'm relaxed. I use Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1 Miracle Worker :grin:

I just started using that, too! I really like it; and you are so right, I just starting cowashing again, with a phony bun, from now until my birthday in 8 weeks ..:yep: APL o8

I just started using that, too! I really like it; and you are so right, I just starting cowashing again, with a phony bun, from now until my birthday in 8 weeks ..:yep: APL o8

You are def. on your way to APL Kelle! :grin:

Congrats Tiffers!!!! Beautiful hair............:yep:

wow that's great!! - I only noticed wet bunning working when I was extremely damaged and when I was under ORS NO- lye for a while - when I switched to LYE- My hair got weak and broke from this. - your hair is frakin beautiful!!! are you a no-lyer??

I was thinking about trying that moisturizer. Im relaxed as well. So i would just spray it on my ends not my whole head? And how does it maker your hair feel?

AAAWWW ok thanks anyway:giveheart:

CurlyMoo: I just checked the bottle and it says "500 mg of raw garlic" I take two a day :yep: They make me gassy as hell, but if I take them before bed, I go through all the gassiness while I sleep and don't have to suffer :lol:

KelleCarter: I love that stuff! It's just so freakin good. My hair :love: it!

Tiffers you are right on :yep: This is how I got from Shoulder to APL in 6 months.

Now that it's cold out when I'm not pincurling while I shower I let my ends get wet, put conditioner and coconut oil on the ends and bun. This way my whole head isn't wet and i do it at night so the ends are not as wet in the morning.

If they dry out or I put my hair in a bun dry from a wrap/rollerset I spray my ends with water and conditioner mix seal then bun.

I bun all the time, but never thought of doing a wet bun . . . will have to give this a try - thanks!

manushka: Thanks girl!!! :grin: and may I say you're lookin FIERCE in your siggy!!!

nomoweavesfome: Thank you! I love the style in your siggy, very cute! Yep, I'm a no-lyer :yep: Every relaxer I keep telling myself that I'll switch to lye next time. But every time, I chicken out! :lachen:

unique4lyfe33: I spray it on my whole head in sections and then spray the crap outta my ends :lol: It makes my hair feel very soft and smooth and moisturized. It also adds shine. In my avatar, the only thing I have in my hair is the Hawaiian Silky :yep: it also works wonders for my 4a natural dd who has chronically dry hair. Her hair stays so soft and spongy now!

thanks for the thread...I'm trying to put together bits and pieces to help me get something growing and something retained.

that's great news! also bunks what my stylist's assistant is always telling me "that damp bunning leads to breakage." looks like its been good to you! what's BSB length?

that's great news! also bunks what my stylist's assistant is always telling me "that damp bunning leads to breakage." looks like its been good to you! what's BSB length?

This happens when the proper protein/ moisture balance is not maintained. I baggied a lot last year, and as a natural whose hair does not like too much protein, concentrated too much on moisturising/ wetting my ends. Although this helped me retain length, my hair did weaken at times, and I needed to counteract this by applying a protein conditioner. I think ladies who find that baggying does not work for them miss this crucial point, especially those that relax their hair.

I do this every day.

Dunk my ends in water and the saturate them in AO HS and then bun my hair.

Also instead of buying satin/silk scrunchies I make my own. I buy a pack of silk stockings at target and cut the feet out and then with the rest of the stocking I cut strips (1 inch thick) and ta-dah! - silk scrunchies. I can make about 30 scrunchies with just 1 pair of stockings.

Thank you for the tip! I am natural mostly but did a minichop and want my hair back ! Great idea! What moisturizer do you use?

That's typically what I do as well, but the moisturizer that I use is Mango Butter on the ends. I hate bunning my hair, but it works.

Back