Those Who Go Over A Year Without Trimming Please Take Part

Jewell

June 6, 2013 made 1 year since my last trim, which was 1/2" to remove residual SSK's after a virgin relaxer application. I'm going another year. Found 1 split and 3-4 leftover knots from when I was natural in the last year upon very close examination of my ends. I snipped them off. Will not s&d again until next April (2014). My last s&d was in April when I found that one split. Before that, it was Nov. 2012 when I found the knots. Not trimming has become easy for me now.

Nonie

June 6, 2013 made 1 year since my last trim, which was 1/2" to remove residual SSK's after a virgin relaxer application. I'm going another year. Found 1 split and 3-4 leftover knots from when I was natural in the last year upon very close examination of my ends. I snipped them off. Will not s&d again until next April (2014). My last s&d was in April when I found that one split. Before that, it was Nov. 2012 when I found the knots. Not trimming has become easy for me now.

@Jewell, to help others who come to this thread for direction and info, can you please answer the questions in the OP as it will help people be able to gauge if your regimen can work for them? Can you also post pics of the year's progress during which time you didn't put scissors to your hair?

TIA

candie19

Here's my info:

# Do you have coarse or fine strands?
Coarse

# When was the last time you trimmed?
Full trim April 2013 before then March 2012

# How long was your hair after that trim or if you have never trimmed, how long was your hair a year or two ago?
In March 2012 I got my hair cut in to a bob right below my ears. In April 2013 it touches my collarbone.

# How long is your hair now? and inch away from APL

# Please post two or more photos of your hair (preferably stretched or straightened) showing your hair's progress while on this regimen (Please date the before and after)
My hair April 2013 before my trim. Not too bad for a year trim-free. I cut 1/2 an inch off.
My hair after the trim.
In the same shirt, my hair now. :grin: I don't know what I'm doing but I've grown 2 inches since April.

Reggie:
1. Only Joico products for wash day
2. Keep hair cornrolled. LOC method everyday. Put castor oil on my ends and scalp.
3. Drink tons of water
4. Take Chlorella and Perfectil vitamins

Last edited: