Those who live in arizona or other dry states...

Lilmama1011

How do you keep your hair moisturized? I recently thought humectants would do it but a helpful member on here explained since the air is dry it would in fact cause my hair to dry out and be frizzy because it's draws in the air that surrounds my hair and that was a great point she stated! So do I just take a moisturizer with no humectants and moisturize and then seal with my castor oil? Thanks in advance!

curlicarib

Lovin'' All of Me
I live in Nevada and I keep my hair moisturized with Shea Moisture Coconut and Hybiscus Styling Milk then seal coconut oil. This combo keeps my hair moisturized for up to 5 days, but I cowash twice a week.

ETA: forgot to add, I steam at least once a week with Silk Elements Mega Silk.

Last edited:

coyacoy

I use Komaza care and Qhemet products....u do not believe any of them contain humectants

acapnleo

Cowash :) and use a leave in...

I use my conditioner that I condition with as a leave in and follow up with argan oil.

Lilmama1011

acapnleo said:
When it's hot? Pretty much daily... :lol: Or until I feel like straightening, which is not often. Anyway, I'll scrunch it, allow to airdry, then fluff... and I'll wear it down or a messy ponytail, or messy bun.

Are you relaxed or natural?

EagleEyes85

I cowash twice a week and I baggy bun my hair at night. I moisturize heavy with S-curl and seal with grapseed oil.

I keep my hair in ps most of the time that I am out.

Thank you for the info on humectants, I wasnt aware of that. Its good to know. :yep:

greenandchic

I live in Oregon and though it rains a lot, the humidity is pretty low. I don't use leave-ins with humectants. I spritz daily with water, use a leave-in and seal with an oil (depending on the season and weather). I GHE about 3 times a week on average.

I also shampoo or cowash every 3-4 days and deep condition once week.

Lilmama1011

greenandchic said:
I live in Oregon and though it rains a lot, the humidity is pretty low. I don't use leave-ins with humectants. I spritz daily with water, use a leave-in and seal with an oil (depending on the season and weather). I GHE about 3 times a week on average.

I also shampoo or cowash every 3-4 days and deep condition once week.

What's ghe?

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Cali. Dry as a bone year round. I moisturizing with a tea leave-in that has just a touch glycerin. Sealing with grease or cocobutter and shea butter mixed. The grease really does the trick, tho...

Mahoganybeauty

I live in Arizona and the products that have given my hair moisture are

Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade
Kimmaytube leave in conditioner, its a leave in you create that contains castor oil, jojoba oil, aloe vera gel (or aloe vera juice) and your choice of moisturizer. For my moisturizer I use Qhemet Biologics burdock root butter cream.

I apply my moisturizers when my hair is wet after washing and reapply my moisturizer after I spritz my hair with water. I can be out all day in the sun and my hair is still super soft and moisturized.

grownwomanaz

Love and Harmony
Aloe vera juice IS the truth when it comes to moisture. I saturate my hair with that stuff mixed with a little oil before I apply conditioner. This is the time of the year where we start seeing more moisture in the air, but I still try to stay away from glycerin and humectants though.

acapnleo

Aloe vera juice IS the truth when it comes to moisture. I saturate my hair with that stuff mixed with a little oil before I apply conditioner. This is the time of the year where we start seeing more moisture in the air, but I still try to stay away from glycerin and humectants though.

grownwomanaz your hair is lovely
:yep:

longhairdreaming

I'm out in the desert but the weather is similar to what you're describing. I cowash everyday and seal with an oil. I also baggy 4-5nights a week.

I live in Southern California and I moisturize with Oyin Handmade's Hair Dew and seal with an oil mixture of coconut/EVOO/rosemary/peppermint at least daily or at the most every other day, depending on how my hair feels.

Also, I deep condition when I feel like it, which can be once a week or once every two weeks, and I co-wash once a week.