Tips and products that give you BIG hair

SheenaVee

Ok, so when my hair was shorter I used to like the controlled curl look with my wash and gos, and would apply products and use techniques that left my hair very defined and 'tamed' looking. I would basically freak out if I found a bit of frizz lol.

I don't like that look very much anymore because now my hair is longer it just makes it look too flat and lifeless.

I want my hair to look BIG.

Problem with that is my hair strands are fine, and the overall density of my hair is medium, but I'd say a little on the low side. I mean, my natural hair in a ponytail is really not that thick. :nono: And then there's the shrinkage factor which makes it look like I have even less hair.

So basically, here's what I'm asking:

What products do you use that give your hair a lot of volume when you wash and go?

What techniques do you use that give your hair a lot of volume when you wash and go?

The things I've tried so far that give my hair more volume are:

-diffusing
-using conditioner only
-using curl creams, (what other creams do people recommend, I've only tried Curls Souffle)instead of gels
-not putting my hair into a lot of sections when applying product
-not using a lot of product
-not trying to define each and every strand - leaving a bit of frizz

More techniques and products please? I want big hair for the summer!

Thanks in advance!

PAgirl

Finger Combing! When I prepoo I apply olive oil to my hair and finger detangle. When I'm finished my hair is huge!

leiah

When I wash and go, I massage my scalp to tease the roots and make my hair stand up more

Henna made my hair real thick

My hair seems to be at its biggest when it's in between curly and straight, like a poor attempt at straightening that has frizzed up after a couple of days. In the past I would have just considered that a bad hair day and hid it in a bun, but now I am experimenting with different styles