Tips On How To Keep Hair Straight

Mjon912

Hi... I'm not sure what's been going on but lately I can't keep my hair straight.

Hair Story: I'm texlaxed, for about a year, was natural for 3 years before that and texlaxed before that I'm 4a/b hair type and texlaxed look more like a 3c

My routine is solid, either co wash and air dry with leave ins every few days and ghe every few nights or roller set/flat iron, always deep condition, sometimes pre poo, use a shampoo with silicones about once a month, always use a heat protectant and wrap my hair at night.
I've done this for about 10 years through being bone straight relaxed, texlaxed, natural, and back to texlaxed. Since last thanksgiving I have been doing more wash/air dry and am wondering if that's the issue? I don't know but it's making me frustrated especially now that my hair has grow back to a length I am comfortable with and would like to start wearing it straight more. So I said all of that to say...
Anyone have this issue, hair just refuses to stay straight now? Do you think it's because we are in the middle of the summer or something else? Maybe it needs to be trained to stay straight? I also use Paul Mitchell super skinn serum and organix vitamin e oil when roller setting. I'm just annoyed right now lol, TIA

NicoleSelah

It sounds like air drying your hair is keeping your hair from becoming a straighter form. You stated that you textlaxed and that your hair becomes 3c which means your hair still have a lot of curls which would require you to use another method to straightening your hair such as blow drying your hair with a comb attachment and the wrapping it or if you want a straighter texture use a flat iron and then wrap with saran warp for about mins under that dryer and unwrap and wear it and for night wrap it in a silk or satin scarf.

Be careful with the super serum and vitamin e oil. The vitamin e oil should be used only once before you apply the super skinny serum. I say this because the the super skinny serum has cones in it and it coats the hair. (I use it) which will prevent the vitamin e oil from absorbing.

**Make sure the vitamin e oil is high quality and of the mixed balanced tocopherols if it's not chances are you are using the synthetic kind and it will only sit on top of the hair.

If you don't mind me asking why are you using Vitamin e oil?