TOMATOES FOR HAIR GROWTH

livesoundtech

well I am proof hair grew without them :lachen::lachen::lachen:

OP I am sure they are good for you, although there is alot of talk of the nightshade family causing inflammation and what not

I just dont know what would be in them thats so special that they alone grow hair, that cant be found in other foods in our diet

Lycopene, perhaps. It's found in tomatoes and is said to prevent some cancers. It must do your body SOME good at least!

Irresistible

Lycopene, perhaps. It's found in tomatoes and is said to prevent some cancers. It must do your body SOME good at least!

yeah even a bottle of that can be purchased cheaper than the supps this doc sold her, I Have a bottle here somewhere for like 8 dollars

eating tomatoes or drinking V8 or tomato juice seems way more reasonable

although I could never do any of those personally LOL

lycopene is also found in alot of Multi's now too

Last edited:

Irresistible

I'm Sicilian, so trust me, I eat my fair share of tomatoes... sometimes I'll literally have 2 cans of tomato sauce every day. Unfortunately, due to overprocessing, I didn't see any changes to my hair... but I can say for a fact that that's why Italians live so long. Pizza is actually one of the healthiest foods, when made correctly with organic ingredients and whole grain dough. Most of the Sicilian side of my family lived to be in their late 80s, even those who smoked multiple packs of cigarettes every day.

Also, the antioxidants in tomatoes lower the risk of colon cancer and other digestive diseases/disorders, as well as other cancers. Whether or not you eat them for healthier hair, tomatoes are definitely one of the best things to include in your diet.

Plus, pasta is just so damn good. I could eat it three times a day, every day, and never get sick of it. If eating actual tomatoes gets boring, try making whole grain pasta with a can of Contadina tomato sauce and some lowfat mozzarella cheese. Mmmm. Okay, my Sicilian-ness is coming out. Must stop talking about pasta now! :grin:
Isnt it also that OLIVE OIL thats prevelant in the diet reaping those benefits?:yep:

welp thats it I'm taking lycopene now since I cant eat tomatoes and keeping up with the olive oil :yep:

livesoundtech

Isnt it also that OLIVE OIL thats prevelant in the diet reaping those benefits?:yep:

welp thats it I'm taking lycopene now since I cant eat tomatoes and keeping up with the olive oil :yep:

Olive oil is a miracle! I use it for everything. It has numerous health benefits as well. My mom cooks everything with it. She screams at me when I use it in my hair though... We have different hair types so I guess she just doesn't get it. She gets upset because olive oil is really expensive and because while she's using it to make chicken, I'm using it in my hair. LOL.

Ahh, it's 2:14 AM and now I'm hungry. Too much talk of tomatoes and olive oil! haha.

Irresistible

Olive oil is a miracle! I use it for everything. It has numerous health benefits as well. My mom cooks everything with it. She screams at me when I use it in my hair though... We have different hair types so I guess she just doesn't get it. She gets upset because olive oil is really expensive and because while she's using it to make chicken, I'm using it in my hair. LOL.

Ahh, it's 2:14 AM and now I'm hungry. Too much talk of tomatoes and olive oil! haha.

:lachen: I know I am craving spaghetti and Garlic bread now

but yeah Olive oil is wonderful, externally and internally, I dont cook much with it so I take a 1/2 tsp a day, the benefits are phenomenal

That Olive oil in the diet probably offsets the inflammation the tomatoes can cause , thats why it works (just thought of that) thats why its so healthy

Well thank you for reminding me of lycopene I am definitely going to be taking it now:yep:

luckiestdestiny

I'm Sicilian, so trust me, I eat my fair share of tomatoes... sometimes I'll literally have 2 cans of tomato sauce every day. Unfortunately, due to overprocessing, I didn't see any changes to my hair... but I can say for a fact that that's why Italians live so long. Pizza is actually one of the healthiest foods, when made correctly with organic ingredients and whole grain dough. Most of the Sicilian side of my family lived to be in their late 80s, even those who smoked multiple packs of cigarettes every day.

Also, the antioxidants in tomatoes lower the risk of colon cancer and other digestive diseases/disorders, as well as other cancers. Whether or not you eat them for healthier hair, tomatoes are definitely one of the best things to include in your diet.

Plus, pasta is just so damn good. I could eat it three times a day, every day, and never get sick of it. If eating actual tomatoes gets boring, try making whole grain pasta with a can of Contadina tomato sauce and some lowfat mozzarella cheese. Mmmm. Okay, my Sicilian-ness is coming out. Must stop talking about pasta now! :grin:
Now you've got me thinking about pasta with tomato sauce and some garlic and olive oil. I haven't had that in forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have totally lost all possible benefit of this thread.

luckiestdestiny

:lachen: I know I am craving spaghetti and Garlic bread now

but yeah Olive oil is wonderful, externally and internally, I dont cook much with it so I take a 1/2 tsp a day, the benefits are phenomenal

That Olive oil in the diet probably offsets the inflammation the tomatoes can cause , thats why it works (just thought of that) thats why its so healthy

Well thank you for reminding me of lycopene I am definitely going to be taking it now:yep:

Why are you guys tormenting me? To bolden above...
I'm going to get some, but not because I believe the tomato hype, just because it's soooo good.

flowinlocks

its also a fact that there is no way that Tomato Consumption is the sole reason latinos have long hair

& this a doc saying this?

:dighole:

I know right???? I happen to loooooove tomatoes, I have all my life. I practically cover my salad in them, which I eat a ton of in the summer. I put them on hamburgers, sandwiches, in soup , tacos you name it. If this is true then my hair should be to the floor!!:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Last edited:

Irresistible

:lachen::lachen:

girl thats how my Mother loves them , she had me makin her 'mater' sammiches alll the time as a kid

she tortured me! :lachen::lachen:
I know right???? I happen to loooooove tomatoes, I have all my life. I practically cover my salad in them, which I eat a ton of in the summer. I put them on hamburgers, sandwiches, in soup , tacos you name it. If this is true them my hair should be to the floor!!:lachen::lachen::lachen:

amara11

:lol: LOL@ the smiles!

Yeah the vitamins sound overpriced, and I'm one who will usually pay a little more for quality when it comes to vitamins (I'm a Shaklee vitamins fan).

I'll try the tomatoes thing though. I love tomatoes anyway so it shouldn't be a problem for me to up my tomato intake.

Can we talk? lol- I'm about to get started on Shaklee- few ppl on here really talk about them like that though- how do you like them? (specifically, clearly you said you were a fan! :lol:)

I love tomatoes, yummy! But I have NEVER heard of any doctors would sell vitamins for $100!!!!! :confused: It s way TOO much money for that, I wouldnt buy that anyway cuz I knw there are so many vitamins that way CHEAPER! I would just buy drinks like V8 Splash or eat anything with alot of tomatoes. Honestly it sounds like a rip off to me and I just dont like when the doctor said "that makes latinos grow their hair faster cuz of tomatoes" :rolleyes: If u still want to try thats fine to me :yep:

taj

Everytime I turn around there is something else that will make your hair grow. I'm starting to think that everything will make your hair grow. :lachen: Too bad I don't like tomatoes!

:funny:

:lachen:Well I like tomatoes and will eat them like an orange.:lick:

LadyAmani

Actually when i was watching Dr. Oz on Oprah the other day he was saying tomatoes were AMAZING for your skin, he said to cut them up with some avacadoes and a lil olive oil in your set, but i dont know i might have to put some Adobo on that:lachen:

WhipEffectz1

Everytime I turn around there is something else that will make your hair grow. I'm starting to think that everything will make your hair grow. :lachen: Too bad I don't like tomatoes!

Say that. Whats da deal???!!!! Any kind of fruit, juices, or berries makes your hair grow. Yall stop getting people hopes up!:lachen:

RecipeBABY

FYI.. we all should know this fruit is high in antioxidants and its a fact that antioxidants protect the skin from sun damage from the free radicals.. as for the hair i believe this is also a good source for hair growth because we have skin called the scalp and this is also being nourished with anitoxidants.. our hair is growing from the scalp. makes you go hmmm??... lol