Too much scalp oil, Help!

In the summer I had to wash my hair alot becuz of sweat but since the weather has gotten cold Im washing less( once a week) and though my hair looks good, Im having a problem with scalp oil,, my ends get dry and i add jojooba to them, meanwhile my scalp is so oily its flattening my hair and i think even giving me pimples, I just dont have time and i dont want to was more than once a week, its just too damaging to my ends since i straighten my hair weekly. Anyone have any ideas on controlling the oil, could it be that im using too harsh a shampoo and causing a reaction?,,, the oil doesnt get heavy till about the 5th day after wash.....

LocksOfLuV

Lol, I thought I was the only black woman here with a oily/flaky scalp.

Okay I see that you said that the oils gets heavy after the 5th day. I see it as that is your "scalp's" way of telling you to wash.

Candiss

Hmm...interesting, I've never heard this one before. I wonder if brushing to help distribute the oil would help. Maybe you should google "oily scalp treatments" and see what comes up.

gymfreak336

Ravenhairbellydancer said:
In the summer I had to wash my hair alot becuz of sweat but since the weather has gotten cold Im washing less( once a week) and though my hair looks good, Im having a problem with scalp oil,, my ends get dry and i add jojooba to them, meanwhile my scalp is so oily its flattening my hair and i think even giving me pimples, I just dont have time and i dont want to was more than once a week, its just too damaging to my ends since i straighten my hair weekly. Anyone have any ideas on controlling the oil, could it be that im using too harsh a shampoo and causing a reaction?,,, the oil doesnt get heavy till about the 5th day after wash.....

Try using some essential oils that help with regulating oil like lavender oil.

Victorian

old head
I would highly recommend Druide Purity shampoo. It's made for just this problem (and is also a good all around clarifier). See the product page here.
If you want to order it, though, don't order it there because you can get it cheaper on-line at places like lifesvigor.com or myvitanet.com.