Top 3 Tips(4U)From the Hairboard This Year!

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Here are my favorites--what are yours???????

3) Put in your leave-in and scrunchie-less bun while still in the shower (Allandra)

2) Elucence Products (Whoever started us on that)

1) Conditioner Washes (All the Ladies Who Do These!)

Thanks everyone. Your tips and sharing are invaluable /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Oh my God, Supergirl, this will be soooo difficult to narrow down, because my entire regime, that I've just started in Sept, has come from the hair board.

Let's see......
1) Wash / deep condition weekly (at least) with Motions & Creme of Nature

2) Avoid heat / dry with roller sets or air dry

3) Protect hair with silk/satin bonnets

Thanks ladies for the wonderfully awesome tips /images/graemlins/grin.gif !

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
3) Put in your leave-in and scrunchie-less bun while still in the shower (Allandra)

[/ QUOTE ]

Aww, you're so sweet to remember such things. (blushing) I'm glad it's working for you. I must say, it's my quickest and most convenient hair style. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

1. Conditioner Washes: I didn't even know what that was until coming here.

2. Pre Oil Treatments: Never tried it properly until this board.

3. Supplements: Never knew about B5 for hair thickness, MSM and Biotin for growth, vitamin E for hairline etc etc...

These things you just don't hear about from most hair stylists and its a shame because they'd actually increase business, not lose it.

1. Elucence S &amp; C (I purchased this based on raves from SweetCocoa and Jada1111 - Thanks).

2. Conditioner Washes

3. What works for one doesn't work for everyone (although I've been a firm believer in this for a long while - before this wonderful board was created). Thank goodness I'm not a PJ! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Well, Daviine--

Like Allandra said it's quick, easy, and convenient. One BIG plus about it (and I'm sure Allandra would agree) is that doing this right after being under the shower head takes away the stress of having to comb through and detangle.

I would say;

-Vitamin supplements
-Mizani Moisturfuse (whoever it was, I thank you!)
-ORS Hair Mayonnaise (LondonDiva was responsible for making me take a second look at this product. Thanks!)

There's more, but I'll stop here for now. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Great question. Only three, huh?

1. Pre-shampoo hot oil treatments
2. Protective styles with no heat
3. Wonder-Gro Shea Butter spray oil

Whew! That was hard! Those three have probably contributed the most to my hair's health and length.

It can be done daily (as I mainly do). Due to my hair's thickness, it's much easier for me to wet my hair daily when I'm wearing it in a bun.

Only 3? You're so mean... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

3) Elucence Shampoo &amp; Cond. I resisted the temptation for as long as I could!

2) Mizani Moisturfuse and adding oil to it and other conditioners. (Ok that was two /images/graemlins/tongue.gif )

1) Shower filter

1. Hot rollers! Yes!
2. Clarifying shampoo! Yes!
3. Jheri Curl products! Oh yes! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

My top 3 for <font color="red">THIS</font color> year are:
1. Pantene Pro-V Smooth and Sleek(thanks Valleygirl).
2. 'Good hair Days' hair pins(thanks Allandra).
3. Evening primrose oil soft gels.
(Elucence shampoo and conditioner 'tip' I got from another board...but you ladies here reinforced why I love this so much...the shampoo is now as great to me as the conditioner).

3 /images/graemlins/frown.gif

well i would have to say

s curl moisturizer- who would have thought that i would evvvver go back to putting jherri curl juice in my head /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

condition washes(suave coconut and tropical advocado thanks Blkmane /images/graemlins/smile.gif )

supplements especially twinlabs amino fuel /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

2. 'Good hair Days' hair pins(thanks Allandra)

[/ QUOTE ]

Aww you're welcome girl. Heck, you made me remember one more thing. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

<font color="purple">Pantene Smooth &amp; Sleek Conditioner </font color> (Thanks Tracy and ValleyGirl)

Just 3 - THIS IS HARD

1. S-Curl Activator (love this one)
2. Ponytail Airdrying Method
3. Pre-Shampoo Hot Oil Treatment.

I LOVE THIS BOARD.

1. Sebastian Colorshines (thanks tracy)
2. Elucence Shampoo &amp; Conditioner (thanks sweet cocoa, Jade)
3. Motion Moisturizing Relaxer (thanks Caramela)

hmmmmmm...

1.) The directions to roller set (AmilLion)
2.) All the info on protein conditioners
3.) Info on Hot oil treatments

This Board is awesome!!!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

<font color="brown">Hey ladies the last nine months of hanging out with you guys have been a blast. When I first found the boards I thought that a bunch of girls who talked about hair over the Internet was a little extreme. But I too became hooked.

I think that you guys are wonderful! Thanks so much for all of your sharing and caring.

My top three include:

1. Selah's tangle buster routine. I got this tip during my lurker days and it is by far THE BEST and the LEAST EXPENSIVE tip I have ever gotten for my hair.
2. Seamless combs and finger combing. I never realized that my raggedy combs were ripping up my hair.
3. Product education. It has been great learning what different types of conditioning treatments there are when to use them.
4. And for a fourth item. I was already into vitamins like MSM and biotin for skin care, fitness, and general well being, but learning how they also help with hair health has spurred me to be more consistent with my dosages.

Thank you grrls!!!!

--kc </font color>

1) Elucence Shampoo/Conditioner
As a lurker, I kept reading so many raves about it that I had to try it and I am glad that I did.

2) Multi-ponytail method
I had given up on the ponytail method until someone mentioned using several ponytails instead of just one.

3) Moisturizing hair regularly
I now use a water based product everyday and seal the moisture in with shea butter.

My hair is constantly improving thanks to all of the tips on this board!

1). Vitamin regimen for sure
2). Vaseline on the ends(thanks Adrienne).
3.) Having the courage to throw my weave in the trash and care for my hair natural hair which will take place on Jan 15,03
Wish me luck /images/graemlins/blush.gif.

Thanks to everyone here at the LHCF for all of your advise. Your advise has truly been a treasure to me. I feel like I've gained a second family /images/graemlins/smile.gif Thanx again /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Only 3 huh? Here goes.

[*]Elucence
[*]Conditioner washes
[*]Be an informed consumer - buying hair products, choosing a stlyist, buying hair advice books, etc.

Posted by Madison: ....condition washes(suave coconut and tropical advocado thanks Blkmane )

[/ QUOTE ]

You're welcome, Madison!

<ul type="square"> My three would be:
[*]Learning the difference between a protein and a moisturizing conditioner [*]The advice about using a lye relaxer instead of a no-lye [*]All the "kitchen chemist" recipes and info regarding butters, essential oils, etc. [/list]

Thanks!!!! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

1.Wash &amp; condition hair every week. 2.oil ends &amp; keep hair up. 3.avoid heat tools &amp; keep scalp moisturized. (sorry just 3 is hard). Happy Hair Growing! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

I already know what my three are:
<ul type="square">
[*] Keep a lookout for lower prices in your neighborhood and around the web for your hair essentials.

[*] There are advantages and disadvantages to oils, greases, and hair lotions. Learn what your hair responds to, and what it doesn't.

[*] Always check back at LHCF for more tips!
[/list] /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I got some great info here this year...

1. The Shamboosie Book (everything you ever wanted to know about color but didn't know who to ask...loved this. A breakthrough in my hair journey).

2. Allandra's no elastic bun and those amazing brown plastic pins (girl ya know I LOVE ya! /images/graemlins/wink.gif )

3. Caramela's overnight pin curl trick for "sexy waves"... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif Thanks m'ija. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Back