Topical growth aids?

jazzygirl225

Hi ladies,
I used to be an avid member of the board (2003-2005), going from EL to SL during that time. After being stuck at SL for 5 years, I started to focus on hair growth again. Within a year, I went from SL to APL.

Here's my routine:

Daily

• CO wash
  • Protective bun (spray & cream leave-in, vaseline on ends, temple balm on edges)
  • Pre-natal vitamin
Weekly

• Scalp massages
  • Hot oil treatment
  • Deep condition
Bi-Monthly

• Aphogee protein treatment
Bi-Yearly

• Relaxer (Mizani Butter Blends)
  • Trim

Back in the day, there was lots of talk on the board about topical growth aids. I used Surge, MTG and Megatek. Do people still use these? What are topical growth aids that are effective in expediting growth?

Thanks for your help!

alive

i haven't heard much about these products recently. i did see surge at a BSS the other day while looking for a heavy oil product though.

couldn't get past the smell so I didn't get it. i could be way off base but i think most people are just focused on keeping their hair clean and strong nowadays. hope that helps somewhat

trevprit

Hi ladies,
I used to be an avid member of the board (2003-2005), going from EL to SL during that time. After being stuck at SL for 5 years, I started to focus on hair growth again. Within a year, I went from SL to APL.

Here's my routine:

Daily

• CO wash
  • Protective bun (spray & cream leave-in, vaseline on ends, temple balm on edges)
  • Pre-natal vitamin
Weekly

• Scalp massages
  • Hot oil treatment
  • Deep condition
Bi-Monthly

• Aphogee protein treatment
Bi-Yearly

• Relaxer (Mizani Butter Blends)
  • Trim

Back in the day, there was lots of talk on the board about topical growth aids. I used Surge, MTG and Megatek. Do people still use these? What are topical growth aids that are effective in expediting growth?

Thanks for your help!

jazzygirl225

I haven't used the product, but here's a link to the thread for a fairly new topical growth aid:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?p=17456253#post17456253

And here's another:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=638593