TOXINS in our FAVORITE PRODUCTS

luxe.li.

Ladies what do we do?

I was on Maneandchic.com and I read her post about finding this website that lists the hazard levels of toxins in our favorite products.

Humectress Ultimate Moisturizing Conditioner was on the list on Conditioners with an 8. Which is High Hazard Product.

UMMMM. LOL I just bought this today, and let it sit on my hair for about 1.5 hour.

This disturbs me to the point that I have to ask. WHAT do we do when our favorite products might not be SO HEALTHY to use?

Here are the links.

Hair Color:
http://cosmeticdatabase.com/browse....showmore=products&start=0&order=webscore+DESC

Relaxers:
http://cosmeticdatabase.com/browse....showmore=products&start=0&order=webscore+DESC

Shampoo:

Conditioners:
http://cosmeticdatabase.com/browse.php?category=conditioner

Is it worth worrying about?

Well all I gotta say is if my products are that toxic then I'm gonna use them until they take me out and they better let my gawgess hair show at my funeral ha ha ha.

It seems like every other year this type of topic comes up. Sometimes it does not go well but I think people have grown tired so it won't be any problems. I won't stop using my products because they may be on that crazy list, a matter of fact, I didn't bother reading the list.

Enjoy your products, live life and have fun with flawless hair.:yep:

Ohh that's why there's popcorn. I've been on this board for 2.5 months now. I'm just sincerely curious.

Ohh that's why there's popcorn. I've been on this board for 2.5 months now. I'm just sincerely curious.

No probs, but like the previous poster said educate yourself and do what's best for you. Seriously, you are fine. I was being generous when I said every other year because its more like every 6 months :lachen:so you are ok.:yep:

It seems like every other year this type of topic comes up. Sometimes it does not go well but I think people have grown tired so it won't be any problems. I won't stop using my products because they may be on that crazy list, a matter of fact, I didn't bother reading the list.

Enjoy your products, live life and have fun with flawless hair.:yep:

I agree with the bolded. I definitely will not stop using my "toxic" products. If I spent my time worrying about toxins in everything that I used, I would be miserable because:

- I use mac cosmetics: moderate hazard for the products I use. Even my Aveeno moisturizer scored a 7.
- I eat meat: no telling what they are stuffing in these chickens/cows
- I do not eat all organic fruits/veggies: I'm sure i'm stuffing down some kind of pesticides in my smoothies/meals.

JMHO

Side note: I'm glad that the cosmetic database is around so that people who care can make informed decisions. :yep:

^^^^ I agree with her... Except that you should educate yourself - and then make your own decisions....

ITA- when I first joined, I looked at one of those toxicity list, and was shocked. I got on this kick to eliminate "bad" products, but I quickly realized just like everything else in life moderation is key. I wasn't gonna stop using a great product b/c it was labeled "toxic". If I kept up w/ everything that was labeled toxic I would be in a bubble all by lonesome, then the one day I venture out get hit by a darn bus:rolleyes:

The information is put out there so you can be the informed consumer. What you do with the information and how it affects your view or purchase of the product, is your business. I would not worry about where your product falls on the list. Unless you know that the product would be harmful to you in some way beforehand, then I say experiment and enjoy. Based on the list, I only see a handful of products with a low safety score that I could use. Most of them I've never heard of, or are not too popular in the marketplace. Some might not even be available here in the U.S. There's toxins all around us-even in the air we breathe!

that makes sense, but when it comes to my hair dyes, I might be a bit skeptic with those, because those are hard core chemicals. and I don't use poos any more, so I guess it is educate yourself and keep it moving....thanks!

I used mostly burts bees products and their hazard was pretty low, especially compared to the others! I'll continue to use burts bees but I do like this website.

Yep... I am a vegetarian, eat mostly organic and try to eliminate unneeded toxic products....
So - You know how you live your life....

You will make the right decisions for you and your family.....:yep:

The hair dyes that I used to use every 3-4 weeks are all rated 10 out of 10 for toxicity. Also, I found out that they test on animals. I already decided months ago never to dye my hair again, but now I have an even bigger reason to avoid it.

The hair dyes that I used to use every 3-4 weeks are all rated 10 out of 10 for toxicity. Also, I found out that they test on animals. I already decided months ago never to dye my hair again, but now I have an even bigger reason to avoid it.

WOW! That is terrible!:nono:

The listings include affiliate links to Amazon so you can purchase these highly toxic products. How convenient!

ITA- when I first joined, I looked at one of those toxicity list, and was shocked. I got on this kick to eliminate "bad" products, but I quickly realized just like everything else in life moderation is key. I wasn't gonna stop using a great product b/c it was labeled "toxic". If I kept up w/ everything that was labeled toxic I would be in a bubble all by lonesome, then the one day I venture out get hit by a darn bus:rolleyes:

Hilarious!!!:lachen: I will be the healtiest bus victim as possible!

LOL!!!! :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

I really like the cosmetic database. It's a great jumping off point for getting informed about the ingredients in the products you use. From that website I began researching all sorts of ingredients and found that I'd rather not use things that are linked to cancer, toxicity, reproductive/neurological/nervous system disorders, and many different allergies.

You just have to do what fits your lifestyle. If you're not worried about the cumulative affects of ingredients derived from petrochemicals being absorbed into your skin and scalp, then use them and swang your hair for all to see.

Everything isn't for everybody. What's most important is that you're able to make your decisions based on as much information as possible.

Back