Traction Alopecia... Major stress

vestaluv1

Hi Everyone,
At first I was sorta reluctant 2 post this thread because...everyone has such nice hair.:yep:

Anywayz, I'm new 2 the forum and what has brought me here is a MAJOR disaster at the salon where I had a weave put in not too long ago. After two weeks, it was taken out and I had a serious case of breakage, thinning and traction alopecia along where one of the tracks were.
The gap is just above my nape area and it is massive.:sad:

Gonna see the doctor tomorrow and see if it will EVER grow back.:sad:

I don't want to relax my hair (obviously) but I haven't had a retouch for at least 12 weeks and I am SSSOOOOOOOO paranoid that if I don't touch it up, it's gonna break.
My hair is shoulder length at the moment and covers the patch. I guess I should be thankful 4 that.:perplexed But i don't know what to do with my hair.

Anyone ever had this problem. What did you and what was the outcome. Did you relax your hair.

Thanx 4 reading!

LunadeMiel

I that you should hold off on the relaxing for a while (at least until you've given the patch some time to recover from the trauma). The tranisitioning ladies can give you great advice on how to take care of the two texture. Make sure to keep up with your moisture and protein balance. HHG