Traction Alopecia?

Porsche19

If one were to have traction alopecia, do they have scalp irritation at the site of it?

Tonight I discovered a very small area of my scalp on my hairline was irritated. I think that the hair on that spot is either gone or thin. It's hard to tell because it's my baby hair, which is already fine and not thick like the rest of my hair. It's not noticable at all, what alerted me was that it's sore in that spot.

It could be three things, either it's a eczema flare up, even though it doesn't really look or feel like one. There are no bumps or weeping like there usually is.

I burned my forehead with a pressing comb a few days ago, and this spot is about half of an inch from the burn... I could have burned it too... or the heat from the comb burned it a little.

Or it can be traction alopecia, I just started twisting my hair going backwards. I twist it firmly, but not tight.

Just in case I put some of my skin medicine on the spot and I did that twist xtra loose.

Any ideas about which one is more probable? I'm fine with this as long as it heals and it doesn't spread.

star

This is something I would say go to a dermatalogist. I do not think you want to get improper diagnoise from others. You may be totally different. I would give that section of the hair a rest and not do anything to it. Aloe vera is good for burns and vaseline for soothing. I am sure you are probaly fine but watch the area and a make appointment to see a doctor this will have give you some peace about this. Olive oil is also excellent for helping the body to heal. Say a pray and allow God to touch your body. :grin: