Tracy girl you are a GENIUS!!

dstdiva

dontspeakdefeat,

your hair is so pretty! i really love your bantu knot-out! i wish i could get mine to look like that!

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
dstdiva said:
dontspeakdefeat,

your hair is so pretty! i really love your bantu knot-out! i wish1 i could get mine to look like that!

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks!
You can achieve that look also if you try!

foxybronx

Nyambara I have never tried L'Oreals defining creme so i don't really know. But i will tell you this.... I am forever hooked on dream curls.

foxybronx

Its for relaxed, slightly texturized hair. I don't know if it would work on bone straight hair. It would probably work for natural hair too, now that I think about.

foxybronx

Maybe your using too much. When i used too much my hair felt dry. Also if you don't use the other products with your frieda dream curls your hair might be alittle drier than if you had.

foxybronx

Beana, I was just cussing you out for disappearing!!
Yeah the funny thing is i brought most of those hair products when i was hanging with u..the dream curls, the cream, and you brought me the silk n seal..so i should thank you too huh!

foxybronx

Beana, it lasted 2 days, the third day i made a cute updo.

Thanks for the compliments Armyqt, Allandra, DSD, Leigh, Scasey, Sassygirl,ShinyBlackhair and Jennifer!
BTW Jennifer your hair has made some AWESOME progress, especially the dominican blowout. My jaw dropped when i seen it.

Puddles

On Cloud 9
Foxybronx your hair is awesome! Do you rollerset, blowdry, or airdry? Please tell. I would love to know how you keep your hair looking so healthy. TIA

foxybronx

Thanks for the compliment Puddles!
I USED to only airdry. But ever since I got a professional hooded dryer i have been rollersetting once a week. I am trying to wean myself of the hooded dryer since summer is coming.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
[ QUOTE ]
Lindy said:
Thanks for posting the instructions again, DSD!!
Although I've done the style before (last summer) I'm going to print them out and keep them in my hair journal...

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here!

Poohbear

Foxybronx, your hair is beautiful! After looking at your album, you hair grows fast! A few questions for ya:

What is your hair regime?

What styles do u usually wear?

Also after trying Tracy's curl technique, how do you maintain the style while u sleep???

Nyambura

surfer girl
[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
Foxybronx, your hair is beautiful! After looking at your album, you hair grows fast! A few questions for ya:

What is your hair regime?

What styles do u usually wear?

Also after trying Tracy's curl technique, how do you maintain the style while u sleep???

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too! I wanna know too! Beautiful hair, Foxybronx.

foxybronx

Thanks poohbear and Nyambara (hey girl
)
daily I wear my hair out! I hate protective styles because I look horrible in them.
After using using tracy's style i sleep in a silk bonnet,

and then i fluffed and added somemore dream curls.
I cut and pasted my regime so it is LOOOONNNNG!

Wash 1x-2x a week, and if a second wash is done during that week it is a condition wash

Pretreatment: Razac hot oil mixed with olive oil, honey, and castor oil

Shampoo: Softsheen Breakthru or Creme of Nature, lather 2x

Deep Condition with a heat cap for 30-60 minutes, after every wash with Humecto. I also use Elucence moisture balancing conditioner, Motions Moisture Plus.

I then dilute Razac leave-in and comb thru

Ø If I wear my hair straight, I use Keracare silk and seal, salerm 21 leave in, and then rollerset under a hooded dryer.
OR
Ø I use the Carolyn Gray ponytail method of airdrying…I apply a castor and wildgro oil on my wet hair and put it into a low ponytail to dry..and then I use Caruso rollers

Biweekly I use Affirm 5 N1, Dudleys Hair rebuilder, Elucence breakage control serum, motions cpr, or hi pro pac.
Once a month I use Sebastian penetraitt protein. First wash after a perm, 1x the following month, and then the wash before the perm.

Daily: I moisturize 2x-3x a day. I alternate between Motions oil moisturizer, S-Curl no drip, profectiv anti-breakage megamoisturizer, dudleys pca, wildgro+castor oil, profectiv breakthru, keihls silkgroom, shea butter, ors carrot oil, keracare oil moisturizer, Ors olive oil moisturizer and sheen spray
My hair really loves the s-curl no drip followed by some castor oil

Perm every 10-12 weeks with Affirm Lye in Regular for a short amt of time.
Vitamins: I take 6200 mcg biotin, 500mg panthenthic acid, and 2 GNC ultranourishhair.,

Nightly: I put my hair in a high ponytail, and then fasten a large magnetic roller with roller clips to the ponytail, Sometimes I wrap it with a seamless comb, Or sleep with my hair in a bun. I always sleep with a satin cap.
When I comb my hair I either use the jilbere shower comb or a seamless comb.

Tracy

FYI if you guys want to make the style last a little longer, I gather all of my hair into a loose bun on top of my head in a satin scrunchie (I only loop it once to avoid a dent) and then tie my edges with a satin scarf. That was you get a little more curl on the ends the second day, and you get to keep it a little longer if you're not a frequentt washer (but it still on't last much longer than 3 days). I also find it works best (less frizz) when I condition wash than when I wash with shampoo.

Foxy - your hair is lovely chica.

AJamericanDiva

Go, Foxy! I couldn't get to see the closeup of the pic as YaHell is acting up once again, but from what I can see, it looks great!!! I plan on trying this on myself and my daughter. I can never get it to come out right, so this just might be my recipe for success. Thanks so much, Tracy!!! Love all my LHCF fam!!!

foxybronx

Thanks diva,
I don't know if i told ya but your hair looks GREAT! it looks super healthy and thick. I love the cut

Poohbear

I just bought John Frieda Dream Curls today! I cant wait to try it. Im still thinking about doing the ponytail method so I will try it on my ponytail. Or if I decide to wear my hair down, I will try the JFDC out

Nyambura

surfer girl
Hey foxybronx, hi right back at ya.
Thanks for the detailed regimen.
Looks like I'll have to buy JFDC sometime in June, after the PJ Challenge ends.

Nyambura

surfer girl
As always, thank you Miss T.
I'm really trying to beat down that PJ demon...or at least keep it locked up until June. I'm looking forward to trying your recipe.

AJamericanDiva

[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:
Quote from one of Tracy's Posts:
-----
Reposting here upon request

The primary ingredients for a natural looking curl on relaxed hair are:

conditioner
Styling Cream
Curl spray
Serum

Some people may not need the styling creme and the curl spray togther. I can do without the styling creme, or the spray in a pinch for instance - but not both.

The products I use to achieve my curl vary, but for the most part I use the following:

Any leave in or lightweight rinse out conditoner will do. Lately, I've had fab results with Sebastian Moisture Base. Again, any conditioner that you like that isn't too heavy and doesn't have too many cones will work. I wouldn't go for instance with a cholesterol conditioner.

I religiously use and will never give up John Frieda Dream Curls. That's the curl spray that does the trick on my hair. A good gel that has a similar purpose is KMS curling balm. Either will effect the same results - to encourage and hold the curl in the hair minus crunch (a determining factor for me). If you have a hard time with the sprays and gels some people's hair responds better to non-alcohol mousse. John Frieda's Frizz Ease line has one that is superior. Point? You need something to encourage the curl.

The styling cremes (I like Salon Selectives Loosely Defined and my favorite is L'oreal UnFrizz Taming Creme) are optional but they give a nice finished look and some control if your hair tends to get too big as it dries.

The serum is key. I've experimented a lot and you need a good thick one. <font color="red"> I like Keracare's Silken Seal. It should go after the conditioner and the creme's but before the spray. The product encouraging the curl should be the last to go on.</font>

The rest is in the technique. I lightly wrap a towel around my head after washing just so it's not soaking wet. A minute or two - tops. Then I apply a tablespoon size of conditioner (mostly to the last 3 inches of my hair) and the styling creme if I'm using one. Then I tie my edges with a satiny rectangular shaped scarf (I mention the shape only because it should extend back toward the crown only about 2-3 inches - otherwise the top of the hair will be flat). I leave the scarf on until it's mostly dry and to the the area that's left free <font color="red">I apply the curl spray liberally and then the serum.</font>

Then I DO NOT TOUCH IT, DO NOT TOUCH IT, DO NOT TOUCH IT (can you tell this is important? ) until it's 75% dry. It should feel slightly damp but mostly dry to the touch. At that point I lightly gather just the tips of my hair in my fists and squeeze gently. That helps encourage the curl on the strands that aren't going with the flow. It helps to bend over and let gravity help separate the strands from one another to give a nice, full appearance

[/ QUOTE ]

Question for you, Miz Tracy!
Today I bought the L'Oreal Unfrizz Taming cream and the JFDC. I already have the Silken Seal. I plan to use Salerm 21 as the leave in. Do you think this will be too heavy? Just need a little clarification as I have been dying to get this hairstyle down pat... should I do the serum, then JFDC or the JFDC, then serum? You listed two different ways... see portion in red....TIA

jainygirl

[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:
[ QUOTE ]
dstdiva said:
dontspeakdefeat,

your hair is so pretty! i really love your bantu knot-out! i wish1 i could get mine to look like that!

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks!
You can achieve that look also if you try!

[/ QUOTE ]

Your hair REALLY looks good in this Bantu set DSD!! it looks great
makes me want to give it another try
-- jainygirl